Some help for my map...

Reaction score
Sorry, for double post, I can't edit it, since the trigger always messed up if I did... I forgot to mention the number 1280.00 that is used in the trigger was the Abilities (Art - Missile Speed), or should I store it as Real variables too...?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Make the missle a unit, have the unit travel to its target, when the missle reaches the target activate the trigger.
There is no simple way to detect whether a wc3 standard missle has reached its target. The only event that is being fired is the "UnitTakesDamage" event, but its hard to filter out false positives.

Reaction score
Make the missle a unit, have the unit travel to its target, when the missle reaches the target activate the trigger.
Create a dummy just to see a missile hits...? Isn't that too excessive...? Its just a missile and does nothing actually...
There is no simple way to detect whether a wc3 standard missle has reached its target. The only event that is being fired is the "UnitTakesDamage" event, but its hard to filter out false positives.
Yeah I'd tried that before and it doesn't work...

Reaction score
Okay, thanks for your answer, but what if I sued timer to "wait" the actual missile hits...? is there any differences with using dummy unit as a missile...? And what's the problem that might happen if I usde timer...?

Edit: used...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You dont know how long it takes until the missle hits its target.
The target might move, might get teleported, might blink away, might die, etc.

When you use a missle you can give it a timed life or invalidate it when the target is teleported away / blinked. You can also remove the missle when the target dies or other nasty things happen. Imagine the target uses some kind of incinvibility ability or cloaking or anything. In those circumstances you dont want the missle to hit, but a timer is not able to detect that.

Reaction score
Blast...! I didn't think about that before...! Thanks, that makes the only option is make a dummy unit as missile, thanks guys...:)

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm back, with some trouble...:(
I'm trying to un-channel Blizzard ability - creates a dummy to cast the Blizzard...
But, I got problems here, the dummy only cast the Blizzard for just 1 wave then got removed, which the dummy ability has 6 waves' blizzard...
Here're the triggers:
Trigger:
  • blizzard unchannel cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blizzard unchannel
    • Actions
      • Set bu_point_caster = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set bu_point_target = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 blizzard dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at bu_point_caster facing (Angle from bu_point_caster to bu_point_caster) degrees
      • Unit - Set level of Blizzard (dummy) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Blizzard unchannel for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Add a 10.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Archmage - Blizzard bu_point_target
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_bu_point_caster)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_bu_point_target)

Trigger:
  • blizzard unchannel stop
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blizzard (dummy)
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to blizzard dummy
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game

So, is there any idea why those triggers above doesn't work like what I want...?

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
There is no reason for the second trigger.
The generic expiration timer in the first trigger removes the unit from the game when it expires.

Solu9

Reaction score
First off.
Do is your dummy unit invulnerable and does it have the locust ability?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
The first trigger seems fine. The issue lies in the game AI. It's pretty annoying sometimes. I have no idea how to go about dealing with this.

For me, the best workaround is to recreate the whole damn ability using trigger.

Solu9

Reaction score
In my experience a channel ability like Blizzard works fine if the dummy unit is owned by a player, neutral hostile, or an AI NOT set to anything specific in the Player Properties. So I doubt it is because of the AI in this case.
But I agree. The AI can screw up a lot.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Well, I've had this problems before myself too.
And the annoying thing is that it happens in random.
Sometimes it works but sometimes shit happens.

Both of the trigger look pretty fine to me.
If the AI issue is not it, then it definitely is your Object Editor issue.

> The AI can screw up a lot.
True that.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never had problems with a dummy unit casting blizzard.
If everything in the object editor is set up correctly this should work as long as the dummy unit does not get stunned / killed / silenced in some way.

Reaction score
First off.
Do is your dummy unit invulnerable and does it have the locust ability?

Nope, its not invulnerable, but it has locust...

Well, I've had this problems before myself too.
And the annoying thing is that it happens in random.
Sometimes it works but sometimes shit happens.

Both of the trigger look pretty fine to me.
If the AI issue is not it, then it definitely is your Object Editor issue.

> The AI can screw up a lot.
True that.

I have never had problems with a dummy unit casting blizzard.
If everything in the object editor is set up correctly this should work as long as the dummy unit does not get stunned / killed / silenced in some way.

Ok, the only thing I've change in World Editor is:
- Art - Animation Names: - (since the dummy has no model)
- Stats - Hero Ability: False (because I've seen some spell doesn't work since the dummy is a unit, not hero)
- Level [1, 2, 3] - Cast Range: 99999.00 (because the spell was purposed to be able being cast from across the map)
- Level [1, 2, 3] - Cooldown: 0.00
- Level [1, 2, 3] - Mana Cost: 0
Else than had mentioned above is set to normal (nothing changed), It's been 2 days and still I can't get this thing work...

Edit: If the dummy have Locust ability, its impossible to be stunned/silenced, right...? Or the dummy have to be invulnerable too...?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.