Some help for my map...

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Have you tried changing the dummy's model to see if it actually casts for the entire 6 waves, without dying or moving away sometime in between? That might shed some light on whether it's an AI, Object Editor or trigger-related problem.

Also, Locust usually renders the unit invulnerable to any other spell (unless, of course, you manually remove it with a trigger).

Reaction score
Have you tried changing the dummy's model to see if it actually casts for the entire 6 waves, without dying or moving away sometime in between? That might shed some light on whether it's an AI, Object Editor or trigger-related problem.

Yeah, I already tried that, and the dummy actually does nothing after cast the first wave, it just stands there... Also I have set the acquisition range and movement speed to 0.00/0 to make sure the dummy doesn't go anywhere or tries to engage other enemies...

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
It isn't hard to test to see if it's AI issue or not. You add your dummy into the map and manually make it cast the spell. If it casts without any problems, then it's AI issue. If it doesn't then it's something else.

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Oh. Try to set the acquisition range to a large number. Fx. 5000.
Set: Combat - Attacks Enabled = NONE
Set: Stats - Can Flee = False

I'm also fairly sure the dummy unit MUST be able to see the target location if a channel ability is to work.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Think so too. The area should be visible.
My advice is to spawn the dummy unit at the target location for the spell and give it a sight range of at least 350.

Reaction score
It isn't hard to test to see if it's AI issue or not. You add your dummy into the map and manually make it cast the spell. If it casts without any problems, then it's AI issue. If it doesn't then it's something else.
I already tried that, and the dummy is just Stop after cast the first wave...
Oh. Try to set the acquisition range to a large number. Fx. 5000.
Why the acquisition range has to be so big, isn't that make the dummy will engage every enemy in 5000 range(if attack enabled is set to one of available attack (1/2), but my dummy's attack enabled has already set to None)...? Meanwhile, if you want to channel a spell the caster should not move to engage any other enemies, or it will cancel the channels...
Think so too. The area should be visible.
My advice is to spawn the dummy unit at the target location for the spell and give it a sight range of at least 350.
Yes, the dummy has 800 range of sight (day n night)...

Now, just forget it, it already work...
I simply delete all the triggers, variables, dummy unit, and the spell itself, then start it again from the start all over again with the same method and it completely work, even though I don't know why...
Maybe what vypur said was right, it happens in random, and lucky for them who never get this problem...

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Why the acquisition range has to be so big, isn't that make the dummy will engage every enemy in 5000 range(if attack enabled is set to one of available attack (1/2), but my dummy's attack enabled has already set to None)...? Meanwhile, if you want to channel a spell the caster should not move to engage any other enemies, or it will cancel the channels...

Glad it works for you.

To answer your question in the quote.
Sometimes (can't remember when) a unit will not cast spells beyond it's acquisition range.
And when you have disabled both attacks it will never (and can't) try to move to, or track down, an enemy unit.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
It's best to be safe. Just make it invulnerable, what's the issue? WC3 has a lot of situation combinations.

EDIT: I was referring to the locust & invulnerable question.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.