Some holiday cheer for NUON fans AKA Iron Soldier 3 for NUON release Interest thread

The Helper

Administrator
Staff member
Over 50 sign-ups in the first couple days... definitely good progress so far! Appreciate the coverage from RetroRGB and other Twitter / YT fans of obscure platforms. :)
The RetroRGB news post is number 2 on Google for Iron Soldier 3 right now and it is really first because and Amazon link is 1. You can't ask for better than that as far as search engines are concerned. Nice!

songbird

Cool Member
We've passed 75 sign-ups as of today. Great progress! Although it's slowing down a bit now, where I've only seen about five sign-ups today. But with some patience, it seems we're on track to hit 100.

Of course, ideally we'd hit 125 or 150, to allow for people who don't order for whatever reason when the time comes. But I'm very happy with the progress considering I just launched sign-ups last weekend. Thank you so much for your support!

While I will continue to post updates here, I will also keep the Songbird IS3 info page updated on a regular basis, particularly when we get closer to opening real pre-orders.

Reactions: K3V

midnight8

NUON Forum Moderator
Staff member
We've passed 75 sign-ups as of today. Great progress! Although it's slowing down a bit now, where I've only seen about five sign-ups today. But with some patience, it seems we're on track to hit 100.

Of course, ideally we'd hit 125 or 150, to allow for people who don't order for whatever reason when the time comes. But I'm very happy with the progress considering I just launched sign-ups last weekend. Thank you so much for your support!

While I will continue to post updates here, I will also keep the Songbird IS3 info page updated on a regular basis, particularly when we get closer to opening real pre-orders.
are you tracking comments? I put in there I wanted 2 copies, so if it doesn't get counted like that, I will go put in for another

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
did you get to 100 today?
Maybe the request has slowed down dramatically. :(

It's goes by initial sales tracking that's common in game sales chart, where typically 80% of the sales are attributed within the first week of release of a new game or new announcement.

midnight8

NUON Forum Moderator
Staff member
Maybe the request has slowed down dramatically. :(

It's goes by initial sales tracking that's common in game sales chart, where typically 80% of the sales are attributed within the first week of release of a new game or new announcement.
i think i saw him post somewhere earlier he was at 95, is why I asked

The Helper

Administrator
Staff member
The thing is about the 100th sign up is not even an official post on the Songbird Twitter it is just a screen capture K3V put up on Atari Age of Songbird posting on an Atari forum :)

The Helper

Administrator
Staff member
I guess they are trying to ride the wave and get as many sign ups as possible and I am a fan of that. I guess I will pull the trigger on the email.

V-SNES

The thing is about the 100th sign up is not even an official post on the Songbird Twitter it is just a screen capture K3V put up on Atari Age of Songbird posting on an Atari forum :)
If I'm not mistaken, that screenshot is actually from the Songbird productions website so it is indeed an official post.

songbird

Cool Member
Yes, we hit 100 pre-orders a couple days ago. Sorry, I thought I posted this here already. This project is CONFIRMED as an early 2021 release from Songbird. :)

Details and official ordering page coming by January, but here are a few tidbits for you:
  • One-time run based on demand
  • Professionally pressed full-color DVD with full-color manual
  • Black Amaray DVD case
  • Shrink-wrapped
  • Available by March 2021 (hoping sooner)
Getting more sign-ups is definitely still needed, as it's possible some people will not follow through with actual orders when the time comes.

Thanks for all the support!

Reactions: K3V

songbird

Cool Member
Tough to say. Very little hobby activity on the console, and no way to encrypt DVDs (although CDRs will work on the N50x systems).

The Helper

Administrator
Staff member
Tough to say. Very little hobby activity on the console, and no way to encrypt DVDs (although CDRs will work on the N50x systems).
I am hoping we can work out the encryption issue it appears that we have the tools to do it they just need an the proper environment to work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    My boyfriend is super into Bethesda modding so I'm probably going to join him in that for a bit, then move on to making mobile/browser games.
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    I mostly just want to look at my old projects because I know I posted uploads on here somewhere.
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    My one game was basically Among Us but you sabotaged an entire medieval city simulated drastically inefficiently with dynamic NPCs :S
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    of course I never finished it x D
  • jonas jonas:
    xD
  • jonas jonas:
    I think you can still run the original game, just there's a chance your map won't work with the newer patches
  • jonas jonas:
    what development framework have you been looking at for mobile development?
  • jonas jonas:
    I'm currently creating (as a hobby) a space invaders like game for mobile using Xamarin, after starting a few larger projects that I also may not have finished :rolleyes::p
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Awesome! you should look at the Atari VCS platform it does not have a huge user base but the one it has is super active at around 11k and they have no games in there store
  • The Helper The Helper:
    basically it is linux
  • The Helper The Helper:
    OMG it is BanLord as Blackveiled on the forum
  • The Helper The Helper:
    what is up buddy
  • jonas jonas:
    thanks for the tip, that sounds cool. Never heard about the VCS before but seems like it should be a good match
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The winter vacation left a toll on me. I missed staying up late and sleeping in late.
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    i haven't looked into it yet
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    If I could use something Python compatible it would save me some learning
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    But Unity might be easiest
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    looking at old posts here makes me happy. Makes me be all like "wow I was pretty smart in 2009"
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    mostly failing at life through adulthood really demotivated me for a while
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    ....what I don't get is why the fuck they would force us to permanently convert to a version of the game everyone fucking hated : \
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    Raid Shadow Legends texture pack smh
  • jonas jonas:
    Most people fail at life throughout their adulthood. Sometimes we get to learn from it. Usually it just feels like crap.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What does not kill you makes you stronger is what they say
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    for real! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome