Some holiday cheer for NUON fans AKA Iron Soldier 3 for NUON release Interest thread

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i would be ok even if it gave the ole homebrew load up screen. :)

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
I am hoping we can work out the encryption issue it appears that we have the tools to do it they just need an the proper environment to work.
from what i read stuff that works on the linux system referenced should also work on ubuntu, but i would have no idea how to set it up

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
For some reason I have the Songbird Twitter set as the main site that is my bad.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Iron Soldier 3 order page is up. 5 dollars off the price if you order before January 22. This is going to be an important date because it is going to tell Songbird how many people are serious about getting this game. If anything this is a going to be a major collectors item 20 years from now for sure as it is now you cannot go wrong ordering Iron Soldier 3 for NUON here:

https://songbird-productions.com/product/is3-nuon/

Go NUON!!!

songbird

You may change this now in User CP
Reaction score
You beat me to it! :) Thank you so much to all the NUON fans who have rallied behind this release; glad it can get a proper reprint after all these years.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
You beat me to it! :) Thank you so much to all the NUON fans who have rallied behind this release; glad it can get a proper reprint after all these years.

Now that the order page is up we are going to send out the email to everyone that has ever posted in this forum about this. Hopefully this will be a spark. Thank you so much Carl for doing this man it was the right thing at the right time that is for sure!

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Email sent to all users who ever posted in this forum.

You are getting this email because you have posted in the NUON Dome forum at some point in the past and since we were the official NUON forum for a time you are one of the few, the proud, the people that know about NUON. If you know about NUON, then you have to know about Iron Soldier 3 which is one of the best games for the NUON and it is finally getting an official release all these years later at the crazy price of 54.99 if you order before Jan 22, 2021 and 59.99 after that until March 2012.

This is going to be a very limited Re-release so if you want one you need to get your order in at the following link before March 2021. Like I said limited release. The fact that this title has ever been Re-released is a miracle.

https://songbird-productions.com/product/is3-nuon/

The NUON platform is one of the most obscure retro games systems out there and Iron Soldier 3 is the most rare commercial game for it. Even if you do not ever want to play Iron Soldier 3 you should buy this game and put it next to the NUON you have in your closet so your kids can have this part of history :) Even if it is next to the Demo Only copy you got from the forum :) This is like when you could order Battlesphere for the Atari Jaguar at the Atari forum for a hundred bucks.

Thanks to Carl at Songbird Productions for making this possible.

If you are someone who has some history with the NUON, maybe an unreleased game or prototype, ex employee, know an ex employee, please consider checking in at the NUON Dome Forums and saying Hi and sharing your story! People are out there who really want to hear anything they can about the NUON and are trying to recover any of the lost history. It has been a long time and we would LOVE to see you again!

NUON Dome Forums: https://www.thehelper.net/forums/nuon-dome-general-discussion.80/

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently this email list is not that good as a good portion of the emails bounced back probably based on the age of the email addresses.

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
yea, had to update mine the other day in here, i think the one that was listed i probably had not used in 8 or 9 year. any help is good help though

songbird

You may change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Thanks for the support! I've received about 50 orders so far, so please keep them coming!
:)

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the support! I've received about 50 orders so far, so please keep them coming!
:)
question, non nuon related, but any chance you get in on making a game for the new VCS system?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.