Some holiday cheer for NUON fans AKA Iron Soldier 3 for NUON release Interest thread

songbird

You may change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Got about 65 pre-orders so far, so the rate has slowed a bit. Also that's only about half of the people from the first sign-up list I had. Hopefully we'll cross at least 100 by end of Jan.

I have not looked into the VCS at all. I have released one set of Lynx games for the Evercade handheld though. It's a great little system with a nice variety of cartridges so far.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Well the VCS has like 11k people waiting to buy stuff in the Atari Store. I am going to buy my IS3 when I get paid if I ever do I hate being a contractor. The VCS is a linux system and most of the games are from are Unity . No telling how many preorders are out there for the system but I would guesstimate probably double what the backers are and for a major software company for like 206 audience but seriously 20k audience on a digital system with like 18 games in the store that is an opportunity waiting to be untapped. If you can put out a linux game then you can get in the store but otherwise, it is windows or something else and will not be Atari VCS native. Use Unity or target Linux and you can get in the Atari store and lookup on Google the Atari VCS development links and such.

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Got about 65 pre-orders so far, so the rate has slowed a bit. Also that's only about half of the people from the first sign-up list I had. Hopefully we'll cross at least 100 by end of Jan.

I have not looked into the VCS at all. I have released one set of Lynx games for the Evercade handheld though. It's a great little system with a nice variety of cartridges so far.
would love to see something for vcs, i have my system now, need a good racing game :)

songbird

Reaction score
Finally broke 100 pre-orders today! Expecting the first samples within a week, then we test, then get ready for shipping to the fans. :)

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
When I order can I get it shipped to a different address then the Credit Card Billing Address? I did not see the option on the order page would I just let you know in a note?

songbird

Reaction score
Sure, put the updated address in the notes section of your order, then also send me a separate email just to be sure I see the request. Given I have 100+ orders to process, extra reminders will only help. :)

songbird

Reaction score
1611268327889.png

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
also, is this a 1 time run, or will this continue to be offered?

songbird

Reaction score
This is a one-time run. I'll keep selling the extra copies through my site, eBay, etc. while supplies last.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Props to Songbird for pulling this off. This is really what started the whole NUON Resurgence phenomena right here. If he can get that controller solution done and be the path that publishes new NUON games we have a powerful Ally to the NUON right here!

songbird

Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate the support! It's been fun getting back into NUON after all these years and you can definitely expect more NUON goodies from Songbird in the coming months...

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate the support! It's been fun getting back into NUON after all these years and you can definitely expect more NUON goodies from Songbird in the coming months...

I am trying to source you a Dev kit :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.