Some "little" questions about ability, and items :)

A-SM

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have some little question about skill and items. Here they are:

Items:
  1. How to make a charge based item? Let's say I have Blades of Attack which increases damage by +9, when I buy it again it will increases the charges to 2 instead of taking another slot in inventory. But it will still have the effects as if we have 2 slots of Blades of Attack.
  2. I also have a little problem creating an item like Healing Salve, as mine always take another place in inventory instead of increasing the charge.

Skill:
  1. What is the best base ability to create a "Blink Strike"? Like Rikimaru's. I tried using Shockwave, but it targets the ground also a unit, so I have to damage an area instead damaging a targeted unit.
  2. What skill base used to create a magic resistance? And is it possible to create a physical resistance also?

Thanks in advance :)

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
What is the best base ability to create a "Blink Strike"?
Channel.

What skill base used to create a magic resistance? And is it possible to create a physical resistance also?
I believe there is a skill that reduces magic damage, otherwise there is an item effect that does as well. Physical resistance is armor, however there are a few passive abilities that reduce damage taken. I can't remember exactly what they are called, but it was something Neutral and I think Spiked Carapace might have.

Juggernaut

I don't know what to change it to
Reaction score
Use channel for blink strike.
And check when blink strike is cast, then move the caster behind the target,
and then
Unit - order triggering unit to damage target unit of ability being cast.

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
For damage reduction you can use:

Physical:
Defend (Human)
Hardened Skin (Night Elf)

Magical:
Magic Defense (Human)
Magic Shell (Undead)
Spell Immunity (Night Elf)

Just what came to mind.

A-SM

Reaction score
Hmm, that's what also came to my mind, using the Defend or Magic Defense ability. Well it solves the problem though, thanks :)

BY the way I forgot something about the skills part, here it is:
Have you ever play Bleach versus One Piece? If you have, you should know Ichigo's Reiatsu Blade. Which increases damage by 20/30/40/50 (if I'm correct), but the interesting part is that Ichigo doesn't do the casting motion.

The question is, what ability does the Reiatsu Blade based on? I thought it was using an ability which requires no target to active with, like War Stomp. And then set the item damage bonus level to equals to Reiatsu Blade level+1. Wait several seconds and then set the item damage bonus back to level 1 which has no additional damage. Am I right? Thanks.

thorhunter

Reaction score
Skill:

2. Depends if the ability is within item or unit. Defend does the job as item ability but is quite troublesome when it comes to units. I personally prefer using Elune's Grace as base. Also, I don't think there's a working ability that reduces all physical damage types by percentage (I tried using Spiked Carpace but it seems not to work), but If your map isn't much about damage types you can use piercing damage as universally used and modify it in game constants accordingly.

A-SM

Reaction score
yes, I did that thor. I use the piercing as main attack type, just change the name and its icon. :)

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
I also have a little problem creating an item like Healing Salve, as mine always take another place in inventory instead of increasing the charge.

Perhaps it's triggered to increase the charge on purchase if a unit already has one... or perhaps there is a much easier option somewhere you can edit. I'm not too sure.

Solu9

Reaction score
For increasing charge you need this trigger:

Trigger:
  • Item Stack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))) Equal to True
      • (Item being manipulated) Not equal to (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)))
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Charged
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))) to ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)))) + (Charges remaining in (Item being manipulated)))
          • Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Hero manipulating item)
          • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
        • Else - Actions

Change "Charged" to whatever item class you need. Hope it helps.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
^Remember that to do this, the unit needs to have an empty inventory slot in the first place. You can get around this by replacing the purchased item with a powerup.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.