Some problems I've got; help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDN

Reaction score
There's a problem with the current template: I always have to scroll sideways to view a thread (it's like this in all threads). I don't know if this is just me, or if it's like this for everyone. My screen resolution is 1280 X 1024

Skin/Template - Could we have another, darker template? Seth_Cross said something about making multiple templates in August. It's now october. If none of the current administrators has the time to create some new templates, get someone else to do it for you.

Last thing - I cannot download any files (such as .w3x) from thehelper.net - it tells me I do not have permission. Is this the reason, or is it something else (perhaps an IP problem)?

ps. why use vBulletin? Invision is > vB! ;)

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
>Last thing - I cannot download any files (such as .w3x) from thehelper.net - it tells me I do not have permission. Is this the reason, or is it something else (perhaps an IP problem)?

are you an administrator of the comp your on?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
There's a problem with the current template: I always have to scroll sideways to view a thread (it's like this in all threads). I don't know if this is just me, or if it's like this for everyone. My screen resolution is 1280 X 1024

Skin/Template - Could we have another, darker template? Seth_Cross said something about making multiple templates in August. It's now october. If none of the current administrators has the time to create some new templates, get someone else to do it for you.

First off, this isn't an actual problem, this is a request. Second off, word it like a request... We are not here to cater to your demands, this ain't customer service. Be polite.

Finally, I don't think anyone's even really tried yet. I know Ghan was messing around with a few things, but I don't think he found a look he really liked. Either way, if you want it so bad, why don't YOU create a skin, or get someone to and submit it?

Last thing - I cannot download any files (such as .w3x) from thehelper.net - it tells me I do not have permission. Is this the reason, or is it something else (perhaps an IP problem)?

This is a question for someone else. I have no idea why you wouldn't be able to. It sounds more like a permissions problem then IP.

ps. why use vBulletin? Invision is > vB! ;)

What crack are you on, man? I had an IF board for awhile. Actually, I've had several.

IF is like... Elementary School compared to vB College o_O

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score

Your browser isn't sending a referrer header, thus the hotlink protection kicks in and the server refuses to service your request: no pictures or downloads for you.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Which browser are you using?

TDN

Reaction score
First off, this isn't an actual problem, this is a request. Second off, word it like a request... We are not here to cater to your demands, this ain't customer service. Be polite.
Oops, yeah you're right, that wasn't a problem, more like a request. I just didn't want to make another thread for it. Sorry about that.

Either way, if you want it so bad, why don't YOU create a skin, or get someone to and submit it?
I'm not a skinner, and I don't currently have a vBulletin forum, but would you consider starting a competition for template submits? I'm sure you'd get some great skins that way.

IF is like... Elementary School compared to vB College o_O
The admin CP has more features in Invision; front end templates also look much better.

Which browser are you using?
Firefox.

DM Cross

Reaction score
The admin CP has more features in Invision; front end templates also look much better.

After you just said you don't have vBulletin software, this is a very flawed remark.

I had a few IF boards back in the day and I now run my own, plus administrate here. I've done the comparison and let me state, not inform or suggest or theorize, let me STATE; IF is nothing, compared to vBulletin.

Also, let us pretend for half a second that IF has ANYTHING vBulletin doesn't have; vBulletin is about 100 times more secure than IF will ever be :)

Keep in mind, you are talking about FREE forum software, compared to a corporate PRODUCT. There really is no contest :) Sorry!

TDN

Reaction score
Keep in mind, you are talking about FREE forum software, compared to a corporate PRODUCT. There really is no contest Sorry!
I'm not talking about invisionfree. Invision Power Board pricing (http://www.invisionpower.com/community/board/purchase.html) compare to vBulletin pricing (https://www.vbulletin.com/order/)

But when I said
ps. why use vBulletin? Invision is > vB!
I wasn't being serious. There's no point in switching anyway, as you're already using good software (I didn't say vB wasn't good)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Ah, okay. I just assumed IF because that's pretty popular for free boards, which a lot of people use.

My bad ^.^

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not a skinner, and I don't currently have a vBulletin forum, but would you consider starting a competition for template submits? I'm sure you'd get some great skins that way.

That is an idea I have considered but have not tried yet. We are doing something else right now and if we do decide to have a contest for new optional themes it would not be for a few weeks. These themes kind of tie into the thing we are working on now in a way.

TDN

Reaction score
Ah, okay. I just assumed IF because that's pretty popular for free boards, which a lot of people use.
Wow you're right about that. I've tried invisionfree in the past, but it didn't impress me.

That is an idea I have considered but have not tried yet. We are doing something else right now and if we do decide to have a contest for new optional themes it would not be for a few weeks. These themes kind of tie into the thing we are working on now in a way.
Ok - if you're busy right now that's fine.

Just found the reason I can't see images or download anything. Stupid antivirus - it was blocking me; it blocks everything... I hate ZoneAlarms. Too bad I've already paid for it. I also don't like this thread anymore. It makes me look stupid. Sorry for wasting your time here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.