Someone dropped 1250 bucks on this Nuon System on ebay

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Well as a Toshiba 2300 fan... at least they bought one that will last.

Also two controllers, a remote, and some good games (3 out of 4 ain't bad) yeh, some nice stuff.

Pretty cool shot..

s-l1600.jpg

What is this? I mean, this is Iron Soldier 3 but that sticker on the disc? What the hell! :p

s-l1600 2.jpg

Last edited:

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
but it also says that the system works "most of the time" and one of the controllers is super glued, and you have to hold up on the tray to make it work. The iron soldier game is a copy, just seems like a lot. even knowing controller cost. makes me wonder what all my stuff is worth. lol

sixersfan105

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Yeah that's way too much given the issues listed. That said, it was $1,250 OBO, so there's a good chance it went for much less. I do wish eBay listed the true selling price when a Best Offer is accepted.

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
There comes a time for me in collecting at least when you have to ask, how badly do you want it, or can you wait it out? Most of the time I can wait it out. But sometimes I just say "It's just money". :p

As said in the movie Stardust, "That's the great thing about money, you can always get more"

As it happens, if we were to say two controllers at $300 a piece, a Nuon player at $200, we are already at $800. Nuon games tend to fetch $100 each when things go sideways. Shame that Iron Soldier 3 was not original but oh well, had a cool case. (grin)

Well anyway, hope they enjoy it, and hope they find us here one day.

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope they enjoy it too, but you can typicqlly get the players for under 100, most I have paid for one is like 120 shiped for a dvdn2000. I see the 300 all the time on the controllers, but not real sure how many of them actually sell at that price especially when one is glued and the dvd player is said to have problems. Not knocking the person that bought it, because you want what ya want and who am I to judge, but it does make me wonder what I could get for my stuff. I'm not selling though. lol. Been wondering the same thing about my jaguarcollection lately, it may be worth a small fortune

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
That is just crazy!
i guess the heart wants what the heart wants . I won't knock anyone for wanting it this bad, this one just seems to have issues. I am used to the issues being worse than the seller claims too.

adsap27

Reaction score
I was watching it the entire time. The person put it on sale 1000, but they bought it at 1250? That was not smart by that person at all..

adsap27

Reaction score
Yeah that's way too much given the issues listed. That said, it was $1,250 OBO, so there's a good chance it went for much less. I do wish eBay listed the true selling price when a Best Offer is accepted.
Most likely someone took it for 1000, which makes it a lot better if true

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
Most likely someone took it for 1000, which makes it a lot better if true
well an offer was snt to the watchers for 1000, but typically ebay after closing shows the price it sold for. controllers typically right now are selling for 250 each, so that is 500 bucks of the money, Tempest I know people are asking a lot, but none have sold in quite a while, so benefit of the doubt 100 bucks, the iron soldier is fake so pretty worthless especially with songbird putting them out now. None of these games have actually been selling on ebay, so the outrageous prices have to be taken with a grain of salt, benefit of doubt to other 2 games 100 bucks so that puts us at 8, the system given benefit of doubt at 100 gives us 900, but that is a lot of benefit of doubt. I'm thinking the glued controller at least should be worth less. Like i said, I guess if it is something ya want go get it, just makes me wonder what my collection would be worth. lol

atarigalore

Reaction score
last nuon I bought was $60 on ebay for a N501. I needed another cause my last one stopped out putting video.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210327-060207_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210327-060207_eBay.jpg
    660.1 KB · Views: 164

adsap27

Reaction score
tempImage80eqsi.jpg

I recently purchase most of this besides Freefall, which I bought for about 90 (which it sold for about a month ago so I will count that in). In total it came out to about 650+.

265- New controller (shipping all included here and below)
115- Samsung CIB (came the same day as IS3)
75- Toshiba with manual (bought a 2nd one because I fell on my OG last month, my OG Toshiba was 55 and it still works beautifully post-fall)
185- Games / IS3 70, Freefall 90, 15 ballistic(( big shout out to Sixersfan for the ballistic price!!))
40- Bought Tetris and tempest reprods, just so I can play a few times

Im still looking for a legit Merlin. Overall if it was for 1000 not bad; However, if it was 1250 I definitely think he overpaid by a big percentage.

P.S Im disappointed to find out about the incompatibility with IS3 with both of my Toshiba's. But thankfully It works flawlessly on my Samsung. I really like the Samsung VLM while listening to music as well

adsap27

Reaction score
The original box got a little beat up in the rain but overall still looks great. I couldn't believe the price because someone else sold it for 150 plus like 25 shipping without the manual so I lucked out

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.