Something about Widgetizer I wanna know

P

Peanuthead

I don't think it does. The Widgetize basically converts all objects(units, heroes, items) into a different format which can be accessed alot easier, thus speeding up loading time.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
You want a program to kick players on Battle.net, with? (Including maps that doesn't have kick triggers, such as Dota)

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
No, I meant how come certain maps, after playing them and you change the map to something like dota, everyone will dc in the first 10 seconds.

Example. I amd playing map A. After I am done, I play Map B, in the first 10 secs, everyone in the map dcs. To solve this problem, wc3 needs to be restarted. Does the widgetizer do this?

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I've never experienced this myself.
So I wouldn't know.
There are also a lot of reason behind custom maps crashing. But I don't know. Is it the same problem with the same map everytime?

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
Yeah, Vile's AoM, You would have to restart wc3 if you wanna play another map after you play his map. Weird..

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
This is a bug (or atleast a weird thing) in wc3. I don't know the exact reason but it has to with with how wc3 loads object data from a map and doesn't unload it until you close wc3.

I think that wc3 has 2 different files for it's unit data, one is used for those units that are in wc3 by default (ie footman) and this data isn't unloaded until you close wc3.
Then there is a second file type for the custom data in a warcraft map, this data is unloaded as soon as the map ends.

The first file type is faster than the second and the widgetizer has an option that converts the 'slow' files to 'fast' files, this has the side effect that wc3 never unloads the data when the map ends and that can create conflicts with other maps.

But, as I said, I don't really know if this is true. Someone that is more educated on the subject may clear things up.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
From what I heard this bug only existed with Doodad/Desctuctable optimization and its supposedly fixed now.
It used to cause the next map you load crash...namely this happened to ToB.
Either way you should be safe if you turn those two off. Not sure though, this might as well be a completely different issue you're talking about.

Anyway this is how I understand what widgetizer does:
Custom object data is stored inside a special, separate file in every map. This data has to be converted intro the native SLK format while the map is loading in order for Warcraft to use it.
Now widgetizer simply does this once and saves the SLK data so that Warcraft wouldn't have to do it again while loading.
Yet as phyrex1an said its possible that the modified SLK data is kept when you load the next map which would obviously cause a crash.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.