Sound effects

MissKerrigan

Hey guys,

I actually have 2 questions about sound effects:

1. I made a trigger with a sound effect and put it on 50% volume but it's still 100% volume in game

2. I made a sound effect trigger which must keep running in game, but it only must play again if the sound effect is finished! (no overlapping)

3. I create a defence game with 50 waves and give sounds 'round 1' 'round 2' 'round 3' of adjudtant

Does anybody know if there are more of these sounds which are 'round 11' to 'round 50'?

MissKerrigan

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
"I made a trigger with a sound effect and put it on 50% volume but it's still 100% volume in game"
I had the same problem as well. What you could do is just copy the sound in the data editor, and increase its volume there, and play that sound through the trigger.

"I made a sound effect trigger which must keep running in game, but it only must play again if the sound effect is finished! (no overlapping)"
What you could do is have a repeating timer, equal to the length of the sound, and when the timer expires, the trigger replays.

"I create a defence game with 50 waves and give sounds 'round 1' 'round 2' 'round 3' of adjudtant Does anybody know if there are more of these sounds which are 'round 11' to 'round 50'?"
Unfortunately, I dont know :(

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
if i am correct the adjutant voice was done using a text-speech program, im sure you could find something like it and an adjutant voice to import, then you can make whatever voice combinations you want, however beware the all feared map size limit, importing 40 custom sounds would quickly fill that up, but you could do 1-20 then every 10 so it would play the sound 30 then 5 for her to say 35, since the first word is always the 10 digit and the 2nd is always the 1 digit, for all above 19

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
there are actually inbuilt sounds of an announcer designed specifically for this situation. There are separate sound files for words such as "round" and numbers going up well past what you need. The trick is to devise a method of playing each sound file such that it sounds continuous (shouldn't be too hard)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I really do not want to move to California otherwise I might consider it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    yeah California is not anywhere you really want to live
  • The Helper The Helper:
    That is why I did not take the job Blizzard offered me back in the day, there is no way I could have moved my family there on what they were offering, not even close and that was like 20 years ago
  • The Helper The Helper:
    yeah they wanted me on the tech support team when they did not get me they got one of the next MVPs in Dinobot
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Dinobot was one of the youngest of the MVPs tkron probably could have worked for Blizzard but he had a good job in Chicago doing business programming already
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Dinobot probably still works for Blizzard would love to reconnect with that guy
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I wonder what ever happened to Wargasm?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This new version of Xenforo really is awesome
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Wargasm is still around. He works for the domain registrar where thehelper.net is kept.
  • Varine Varine:
    Is sqrage still around?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I have not seen him on lately the forum says he was last on 2 years ago
  • The Helper The Helper:
    How are you doing Varine have not seen you around in a minute
  • thewrongvine thewrongvine:
    lol I live in CA
    I've got some friends in animation department who have been applying for Blizzard, doing interviews and such. They said the workplace seems nice, though now it'd be all remote work I suppose
  • The Helper The Helper:
    good for them I live close to Austin and am trying to get my kids interested in getting into Games but not having much luck. I would never let them move to Cali.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    unless it was huge money
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and even then with the taxes I really could never let them move there
    Haha fair enough, I have no interest in CA at all as a living place either. Really only here just for the work in LA, but hopefully once I get settled enough in my work, I can move out
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    +1
  • jonas jonas:
    " a traditionally-sized California family of one person ":cool:
    +1

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop