Sound in Cinematics

U

Unregistered

I have a cinematic trigger at the beginning of a map that is not under a map initialization event. Inside the trigger as part of sending transmissions to players, I told it to play some sounds to go along with the dialouge under the send transmission field. They did not play.
Then I tried to manually play the sounds after the send transmission line and they still didn't play. i don't know how to get the sounds to play in cinematic mode and I can't change their channel to dialouge like with the Frozen Throne sounds in actual game cinematics. Please Help.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm guessing the sound has been classed as a '3d sound'. Right-click on it in the sound editor and uncheck 3d sound.

D

Doomsfire45

Thank You it worked

I am actually the person who started this thread, I just registered though. Anyway, It worked but I have a new problem. I can't play any music other than the default settings for the race chosen. I wan't it to play a couple other Warcraft songs but it just keeps playing the default even after I cleared the playlist and set a new play list. Any Suggestions?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't personally mucked around that much with music lists, as their implementation in the editor seems a bit obscure to me.

I imagine the command to stop the current music is "stop music". Setting up a music list is beyond me, but I imagine using "play music" should easily start playing the music you want.

And make sure that if you want different music that you have selected "use as music" when right-clicking on your desired music in the sound editor. This will allow you to select this song to play when using "play music".

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't know if this helps, but I was looking through my archive and found an old post made by someone on how to make a music list from imported mp3 files:

I haven't created a music list with internal music, so I'm not
sure how to do that, but for creating a music list using imported
mp3 files, here's the technique:

In Sound Editor, Import External Music will import individual mp3
songs. In order to create a music list of them, you have to use
Custom Text.

1. In Trigger Editor, create a new trigger with no events or
conditions, and a single action:
Music - Play Music

2. Select Edit|Convert to Custom Text, ignoring the warning
dialog. In the custom text, you will see a function that looks
like:
function Trig_Create_Music_List_Actions takes nothing returns
nothing
call PlayMusicBJ(" .....

3. Alter that function to indicate the mp3 files that you have
imported. You must not use their variable names, but their file
names, and you must include the path shown below.

function Trig_Create_Music_List_Actions takes nothing returns
nothing
call PlayMusicBJ(
"war3mapImported\\Handel.mp3;war3mapImported\\Bach.mp3;war3mapI
m
ported\\Mozart.mp3" )
endfunction

the line that begins with "call" should all be on one line

until the closing parenthesis. In the above examples, I am
creating a play list of three imported mp3 files: Handel.mp3,
Bach.mp3, and Mozart.mp3. You must include the
"war3mapImported\\" path for each file.

4. When this trigger is run, it will begin to play the new music
list, starting with a random song, and then cycle through them
repeatedly.

If you make any action to play the default 'music' preset, then
you must call this trigger again to return to your custom play
list.

If you are uncomfortable with custom text, don't worry too much,
since you can always delete the trigger and start over. The
conversion to custom text will only affect the selected trigger.

Keep in mind that imported songs are quite large, and that the
total size of all the imported files will be added to the storage
size of the saved game. Battle.net limits maps to 4MB.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.