US News South Carolina Permits Dogs to Attack Bears for Sport

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
COLUMBIA, S.C. August 23 — An undercover investigation by the Humane Society has caught on tape the horrific scenes of a practice called bear baying currently conducted solely in the state of South Carolina. Bear baying, also known as bear baiting, is an event where a captive black bear is chained to a stake in an enclosed area, and is then set upon consecutively by packs of hunting dogs.

Prior to the encounter, which can last up to 4 hours, the bear's claws and some of its teeth are removed, rendering the animal defenseless. The goal of the bear baying is to have the dogs cause the bear to rear up on its hind legs. Hunters claim this practice is intended to train the dogs to hunt bear, since when a bear is on its hind legs, its belly and vital organs are exposed to the aim of a hunter's gun. However, as seen in the undercover video, bear baying is treated more like a sport in South Carolina, where dozens of spectators including children, line up to watch the spectacle.

Last edited:

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The inhumane part of me finds it interesting and I'd love to watch it, but the other part of me says that it's wrong to torture an animal like that.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Anyone who does this, should be killed.

Anyone who watches this should be killed.

Anyone who would want to watch this should be beaten sensless.

No wait, thats a little extreme.

how about we tie them to a pole in a cage with some hungry polar bears?

coheed

Reaction score
The inhumane part of me finds it interesting and I'd love to watch it, but the other part of me says that it's wrong to torture an animal like that.

The inhumane part of me wants to beat the shit out of you. The other part of me wants to beat the shit out of you as well.

Society does not need children like this.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
The inhumane part of me wants to beat the shit out of you. The other part of me wants to beat the shit out of you as well.

Society does not need children like this.

Society does not need overly sensitive persons posting completely pointless comments.

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
how about we tie them to a pole in a cage with some hungry polar bears?

Oh sure use polar bears because we live in Canada. This is happening in America so use grizly bears.

But anyway, the is dangerous for the bear and the dogs and should never be allowed anywhere at anytime. If you wanna train your dogs to hunt bears then get a stuffed bear (no i don't need a teddy bear :p) or maybe a robotic bear if they exist. That way no bear is tortured and no animal, or person for that matter, has its life at risk.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Notice that I said the inhumane side. As in the side of me that is, you know, inhumane. It's in everyone, no matter how much we don't like to admit it.

Nothing's black or white.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
Notice that I said the inhumane side. As in the side of me that is, you know, inhumane. It's in everyone, no matter how much we don't like to admit it.

Nothing's black or white.

Say that at one of their 'KKK' conventions and you'll be burned to the stake.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
This is like cockfights, or dogfights, or any other animal fight. Except in South Carolina, it's legal to fight dogs and bears.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
This is like cockfights, or dogfights, or any other animal fight. Except in South Carolina, it's legal to fight dogs and bears.
Fuck that! Seriously it's cruelty and barbaric.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
I've been attacked by a brown bear before. Very small but trust me they are more powerful than you could imagine. And yes, even a small black bear could 1v1 pwn a big dog easily.

This really is sick... I've seen a video of bear baiting before... it's extremely bloody... the bear stands absolutely zero chance. Not that it matters if the bear has a chance or not, but you can see how pointless it is.

R 3 T R O

Reaction score
If i knew anyone who did this to any animal, i would demolish my fist onto their face and leave an engraved mark on their chest that says "I'm R 3 T R O 's Bitch!" and every god dam time they take their shirt of anywhere anytime it will remind them of the impact feeling of knuckles just squeezing and shattering his face and just completely rearranging his skull.

But hell, thats just what I'd do at first sight when i see him. but then when i have time to calm down and realize what he as fully done, that's a whole other story, that wont end so well.

oorosco

Reaction score
Aren't people going a little overboard on their "peta-act"? I mean seriously, this isn't the worst thing that has happened to living things, in fact worse things happen everyday to HUMANS. I would give my sympathy to the bear but in fact i rather be sympathetic to all those millions of people who get stuck in shitty situations because their father's/mother's are shitty parents and ruin their potential- and that's in first world countries...

Btw
Pineapple you should be exiled from human society if you honestly hold those views in regards to the value of a human life in respect to one of an animal, perhaps you should go live with your kin. Have you ever seen someone get beaten senseless? Go to some local gym and go into a ring for a bit and you'll understand how shitty that is... oh and killing people? I know you're not being literal but dude... that's just too peta.. it's disgusting.

Matemeo

Reaction score
Aren't people going a little overboard on their "peta-act"? I mean seriously, this isn't the worst thing that has happened to living things, in fact worse things happen everyday to HUMANS. I would give my sympathy to the bear but in fact i rather be sympathetic to all those millions of people who get stuck in shitty situations because their father's/mother's are shitty parents and ruin their potential- and that's in first world countries...

Btw
Pineapple you should be exiled from human society if you honestly hold those views in regards to the value of a human life in respect to one of an animal, perhaps you should go live with your kin. Have you ever seen someone get beaten senseless? Go to some local gym and go into a ring for a bit and you'll understand how shitty that is... oh and killing people? I know you're not being literal but dude... that's just too peta.. it's disgusting.

QFT. The barbarism people show other humans is disgusting.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score

Btw

To be honest, no I wouldn't kill them, and I wouldn't tie thme up either. I think they should be locked up however.

And at another token: EVERYONE is already on the help people train. Not that many people think about the animal. They didn't go out saying "Gonna go try to kill something for fun. See ya."

The simple fact that worse happens to people does not mean this is okay to do bad things to animals. "Yeah, I punched him in the face, took his wallet and ficked him in the nuts. BUT may I remind you, every day people are killed, suffer from disease and tortured? Shoiuld I really be punished?"

I personally am against hunting (for sport). If your killing an animal for fun, thats beyond barbaric. Even early men would eat and use the bones of an animal.

-------------------

And as far as the value of life goes, every life is measurable, and when you live your life inflicting pain on another living thing, your life is worth far less. They do not need to do this there are many many other ways to train the dogs, nor should people be wanting to watch this. i'm just disgusted with it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.