US News South Carolina Permits Dogs to Attack Bears for Sport

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
Aren't people going a little overboard on their "peta-act"? I mean seriously, this isn't the worst thing that has happened to living things, in fact worse things happen everyday to HUMANS. I would give my sympathy to the bear but in fact i rather be sympathetic to all those millions of people who get stuck in shitty situations because their father's/mother's are shitty parents and ruin their potential- and that's in first world countries...

Btw
Pineapple you should be exiled from human society if you honestly hold those views in regards to the value of a human life in respect to one of an animal, perhaps you should go live with your kin. Have you ever seen someone get beaten senseless? Go to some local gym and go into a ring for a bit and you'll understand how shitty that is... oh and killing people? I know you're not being literal but dude... that's just too peta.. it's disgusting.

Let's break down your logic.

situation A is wrong and situation B is wrong to varying degrees...

Your Logic: "Because A is wrong, I believe no one should do anything about B"

I must assume that you believe that we must queue up the things that we fight for. You may choose not to put your effort towards helping one situation out in favor for another, but that does not mean that everyone must work on situation A until it is taken care of and then move onto situation B. In fact, situation A is so broadly ridiculous that it's a joke to even compare it to situation B. It takes one law to save some bears from being brutally maimed to death... I don't honestly know what you want to do about your broad statement... Maybe you should stand up and do something about it if you feel strongly for... world peace?--I don't even know...

Now, if your opinion is that it is ok to send waves of dogs to attack a bear until it DIES or is maimed enough for the hunters to shoot it... then I have very little respect for you. You are entitled to that right; however.

As for Pineapple... I thought it was fairly obvious that he was just saying crazy stuff... others have said some crazy things too. It's a representation of their anger. They are entitled to that.

Good day.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
these people have a sick, twisted and demented definition of "sport," as do almost all sport hunters. Hunting for sport is like playing Starcraft 2 only you start with 20 battlecruisers while they have to start from scratch. Only in this case it's even worse, because the bear has no way to defend itself, so it would be like taking away all of the opponents SCV's. What a fair and fun "sport."

It's amazing how twisted and cruel some people's idea of "fun" can be. If someone did this to another person it would still be really disgusting, but when it's done to an animal it's just fine? Blech I know humans are on the top of the food chain, but there's a difference between survival/the natural order and just looking for an excuse for cruelty...

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
i kinda lol'ed at some of those posts. You would beat someone up because they enjoyed watching a bloody sport. Hypocritical much?

Razalgrim

Reaction score
these people have a sick, twisted and demented definition of "sport," as do almost all sport hunters. Hunting for sport is like playing Starcraft 2 only you start with 20 battlecruisers while they have to start from scratch. Only in this case it's even worse, because the bear has no way to defend itself, so it would be like taking away all of the opponents SCV's. What a fair and fun "sport."

It's amazing how twisted and cruel some people's idea of "fun" can be. If someone did this to another person it would still be really disgusting, but when it's done to an animal it's just fine? Blech I know humans are on the top of the food chain, but there's a difference between survival/the natural order and just looking for an excuse for cruelty...

This "bear baiting" shit is stupid, disgusting, and horrendously shallow. I mean, do they even have TVs in South Carolina? Why are they so bored as to stoop to this?

I will, however, have to disagree with you regarding your viewpoint of hunting for sport.

Going after a bear in its own territory is absolutely NOTHING like raping five SCVs using twenty Battlecruisers. So you have your rifle, a hunting dog, and maybe a backup magnum handgun in your person just in case the target bear slaps your rifle out of your reach and starts mauling you to hell. Now, the bear has long, sharp claws that can disembowel you in one swipe, skin so thick that you have to shoot it in the stomach with a high-powered rifle magnum cartridge just to take it down, and absolute fearlessness to accompany its piss-inducing ferocity.

Miss one shot and you could end up dead. Even if you don't end up dead, you might come home with half of your face looking like it did three bouts with Stephen King's Mangler.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
This "bear baiting" shit is stupid, disgusting, and horrendously shallow. I mean, do they even have TVs in South Carolina? Why are they so bored as to stoop to this?

I will, however, have to disagree with you regarding your viewpoint of hunting for sport.

Going after a bear in its own territory is absolutely NOTHING like raping five SCVs using twenty Battlecruisers. So you have your rifle, a hunting dog, and maybe a backup magnum handgun in your person just in case the target bear slaps your rifle out of your reach and starts mauling you to hell. Now, the bear has long, sharp claws that can disembowel you in one swipe, skin so thick that you have to shoot it in the stomach with a high-powered rifle magnum cartridge just to take it down, and absolute fearlessness to accompany its piss-inducing ferocity.

Miss one shot and you could end up dead. Even if you don't end up dead, you might come home with half of your face looking like it did three bouts with Stephen King's Mangler.

Mostly I was talking about in this particular example the battlecruiser example holds, which we can agree on it sounds like. And with most bear hunting, don't people almost always travel in packs for this very reason? Most people don't go hunting alone, and depending on the weapon and distance from the bear, if you miss you could just shoot again. And that's assuming you hunt bears for sport. If you just hunt small game like ducks and such, I fail to see how it's "sportsmanlike" at all. Although if you went bear-hunting alone, and had a lower-quality gun then it could be considered a "sport," but that rarely seems to be the case...

Also, one guy I saw who was an avid hunter didn't hunt bears with a rifle, he used a full-on sniper rifle and had an assault weapon of some kind, and it seems like the range on a sniper rifle makes it a bit less dangerous, and assault weapons are harmful to most anything... but this is anecdotal evidence, so it might not indicate the majority of bear hunters, so if you're more of a bear hunter then me feel free to point that out.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Because of my cousins marriage, I'm related to a family of people who go out, four of them, and bring knives and one low quality gun, and hunt black bears (black bears, mind you, not grizzlies.) I see how that is considered a sport because there's the obvious chance of death.

We don't talk to that part of the family.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Mindless Bloody Battle ? FUCK YEAH ! Can't wait for season one... although... this is unfair. I don't want to see the bear get eaten alive. LEAVE IT"S CLAWS AND TEETH ON DAMN IT. Then sit, chill the fuck out and enjoy a good family fun with massacre. Mmm don't you just love how well humans are treating other speacies ?

On a more serious matter, this is dumb and barbaric. So, in other words, nothing out of the ordinary- people tormenting creatures for our fun. What is wierd is that it hasn't been made into a reality show... yet.

Guys, give the Carolina guys a rest. we are humans. It is in our nature to destroy, to try to bring the world to it's knees. Very few are the ones who understand that by doing so, we are dooming ourself, because, even though if you are religious or not, you must agree that there was somewhat of a balance, before the humans started progressing and when the cracks of the balance emblem become big enough they will be restored one way or another.

Logic: Melting ice caps. We are drawing our gas from the earth, therefore leaving gigantic wholes in the earth full of air, therefore making the crust of the earth more and more unstable. It is not just coinsidence that there are a lot of earthquakes in the last few years.

Anyway, to sum it all up- this is barbaric and cruel. We shouldn't do this not because it isn't in our nature, but because we must treat the other kinds how we want them to treat us and to alteast try and foster the nature balance of our world.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Guys, give the Carolina guys a rest. we are humans. It is in our nature to destroy
What an excuse!
Just because a human can destroy doesn't mean you SHOULD desrtoy evrything there is.

Oh no! Carolina will not rest until the "crap sport" be gone!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.