World South Korean navy ship sinking, North suspected

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
SEOUL (Reuters) - A South Korean naval ship was sinking on Friday after possibly being hit by a North Korean torpedo and several sailors were killed, South Korean media reported.

A South Korean warship later fired at an unidentified vessel toward the north, indicating a possible attack, and the South's presidential Blue House was holding an emergency security meeting, the Yonhap news agency said.

"The ship appears to have begun sinking after an explosion at the rear of the ship," Yonhap quoted the South Korean Navy saying in a statement. "We have been unable to find the exact cause of the incident as of this moment."

The incident comes as destitute North Korea is facing pressure to end its year-long boycott of international nuclear disarmament talks, where it can win aid to prop up its broken economy in exchange for reducing the security threat it poses.

Last edited:

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Maybe it was Hi-Jacked. The world has become a place where this could easily have happened. *He says while watching a movie*.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
only 2? I could have sworn there were more then that.. especially if you consider things like "war on drugs" and the like into the mix

Yea, this. And none of them are going well at all. Hell, I'd even say a majority are complete failures.

If the U.S. gets involved in this, I'm outta here. :p

black.sheep

Reaction score
I doubt the US would go to war with a country with nuclear weapons...
Maybe they would start drafting diplomats?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a good question. I've bet it turns out to be a false alarm.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I wouldn't blame anyone until I had evidence.

Imagine you're a South Korean. The North Koreans have oppressed you for a long time. What now? You have to think of it from their perspective. They are the ones who blamed them, did they not?

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Imagine you're a South Korean. The North Koreans have oppressed you for a long time. What now? You have to think of it from their perspective. They are the ones who blamed them, did they not?

Still, you need proof of the incident. North Korea doesn't have much of a reason to sink one of South Korea's boats. Their economy is doing bad enough and if a war sparked, North Korea may fall.

A country that wished to do harm to Korea (north and south) could have done something like this to frame North Korea in hope of sparking a war.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
We're not talking about proof here... We're talking about "what would be the first country you suspect if someone attacked you?". For South Korea, that'd be North Korea...

Imagine this, there are these three kids at your school. One is a goody-two-shoes and doesn't do anything wrong. The other is a baddy-bad-nut and steals stuff all the time. And the last is someone who completely ignores you all the time, but is otherwise what you would classify as "normal". One day, your new... whatever... calculator goes missing. Who do you suspect?

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
We're not talking about proof here... We're talking about "what would be the first country you suspect if someone attacked you?". For South Korea, that'd be North Korea...

Imagine this, there are these three kids at your school. One is a goody-two-shoes and doesn't do anything wrong. The other is a baddy-bad-nut and steals stuff all the time. And the last is someone who completely ignores you all the time, but is otherwise what you would classify as "normal". One day, your new... whatever... calculator goes missing. Who do you suspect?

I would choose the goody-two-shoes because he would be the last one to suspect ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.