WIP Space Battleship 2

takethat

Reaction score
Space Battleship 2

Story
Not long ago, in the galaxy we in, a war broke out between 2 faction, the Galactical Empire and the Galactical Republic.

In the last day of the war, the mothership of both faction were trap inside a mysterious force field in a outlying system. Since the force field block every possible way of communication, no one knows what had happen in the orbit of that third planet from its star.

However, you know what had happen because you are one of the crew membet of one of the mothership...

Game Play
*Third Person Shooting game*​
Player 1 and Player 7 will take control of the two mothership.
Player 2-6 and Player 8-12 play as either a pilot or a captain who can control up to 8 type of ships.
various from as small as Interceptor to as large as a Dreadnaught.

Every ship got diffrent component to modify. Such as Wing Gun, Small Hull, Main Cannon, etc...

Objective
Destroy opponent Mothership.

*more to come*

==========================================================
V 0.10
Ship
Frigate above can now move sideway, and circling around target
Selection Circle and hp bar are no more
Frigate, Interceptor, and Converte remodel

v 0.09
Ship
Interceptor - Going to remodel and add Special Skill
Converte - Going to add Special Skill
Assault Frigate - Going to remodel and add Special Skill
Heavy Frigate - Going to put Main Cannon
Others - Not yet start

Environment
Force Field - Done
Earth Atmosphere - Done
Dock - Red/Green Light not added yet
Moon - Badly model (now being put at the corner where you can barely sees it)
Asteroid - Not yet implement

Skills
Interceptor/Converte - Drift, Slide (Done)
Interceptor - Missile Storm, Speed Boost (Done)
Converte - Release Space Mine (Done)
Assault Frigate - Auto Target (Done)

The map is currently not available for public and is only 2 player (for testing). However if there are people who want to try out anyway, i will make it 4 players and upload in epic.

Though I was intend to finish this alone, circustances and environment changes force me to post this thrend, strengthern my will to continue and seek assistant. Lack of time is another problem.

Assistance needed in following:
Modeller
Actually is to edit vertex of an existing model, which i can do it but i have little or no time to do so now. And the Moon is really need to be remodel, my friend who did it recently is obsses on another game... (*sad)

Trigger
All of the trigger currently is done in GUI, and I had finish the basic part, what i need is some one who can check on it and make it more efficient.

Tester
Though i not intend to make this public yet, i still need people who can test it out, the Internet Connection in my state comparable to turtle, and most player here are less fond on downloading map size larger then 1mb... I hardly find any one who can test it.

Map name is temporary atm.
btw, how to put spoiler?
Credit will be given when it can go public (lazy now XD)
Screenie
The Interceptor, original model
Interceptor.jpg

The Interceptor is shooting Plasma Bomb (Wing Gun >>> Plasma Bomb Gung) and is performing Sliding.
Interceptor_PlasmaBomb.jpg

The Interceptor is shooting Laser Beam (Wing Gun >>>> Laser Beam Gun) and its turning right...
Interceptor_LaserBeam.jpg

The Interceptor, new model, may need to modify abit.

Interceptor's special skill, Missile Storm - lauch

Interceptor's special skill, Missile Storm - hit

Interceptor's special skill, Smoke Screen

Converte
Converte model

Frigate
Assault Frigate in the dock

Assault Frigate attacking with Plasma Bomb Gun

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Looks awesome :D
Just a question, does it lag, 'cos if you're spamming weapons and mass shooting then something might happen. And how did you make the Space background thingy?
And spoiler tags are [.spoiler][./spoiler]. Just take out the '.' after the square bracket.

takethat

Reaction score
lag is one of my concern, though i not using slide trigger on projectile, it may still lag if many projectile create at the same time.

mass shooting is the purpose XD

you cant expect people in space age has weapon like the old 19c riffle that shoot 3 times in 1 minute do you?

background is a 3x3 size sky instead of the usual 1x3 size blizzard sky,
go open spore, start at space stage, zoom out to galactic view, screenshot, photoshop...

and thx for telling how to put spoiler XD

yesterday night, i had finally solve the speed boost problem for Interceptor, XD

though it maybe silly, but in this map, I would want it to be possible for an Interceptor to actually sink a dreadnaught... i dislike the concept of "big ship win all"

Vylatin

Reaction score
[off topic]
I knew immediately that it was "spore" background! :D
----------
Anyway. This sounds good, and looks pretty unique. And I love mass shooting! :)

takethat

Reaction score
[off topic]
I knew immediately that it was "spore" background! :D
----------
Anyway. This sounds good, and looks pretty unique. And I love mass shooting! :)

[off topic]
spore is a pain, till now i still haven decide to war or ally with the grox, kinda tire lo..

btw, the spore galacic sky may give way to file size constraint...

i prefer 1 hit ko then mass shooting XD

i also think this is unique, thats y i make it XD

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Looks nice actually, and well pretty chalenging. Though you would need to make some tenee tiny adjustment. The selection circle looks to far from the unit. Well, bet the spacecraft is a bit hard to adjust with a selection circle on it.

takethat

Reaction score
this is one of the problem i facing, i have no idea why the selection circle (sc) not in tie with the ship, every ship is like this...

95blojoe

Reaction score
Its very hard to make a better bships ver right now becuase of that guy who made a bships v with 30 inventory slots

takethat

Reaction score
Its very hard to make a better bships ver right now becuase of that guy who made a bships v with 30 inventory slots

had you see the screenshot you would have know this map will be little or no resemble with battleship, (bship had dozen of version too)

the map name is temp, because I had not think of any better name.

===========================================================

I tried selection heigh, i put to the max, it still remain the same, the problem here is that the point of the unit doesnt match with its animated model's position.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score

That is rubbish.
a) This is no normal battleships...
b) That map sucks. It is completely imbalanced, and barely anyone plays it.
c) It is really easy to do such a system yourself. Simply create invisible heroes, but them into an array, and periodically set their x/y to the x/y of your ship.

@takethat:
Couldn't you just scale the selection circle size to 0.00 (for the ship and it's guns?)
It would bug with the "alt" hp-bar showing, but it would definetly look better : /
You might alternatively create a dummy unit with no visible model, but the same stats as the current ship and make the player select that one instead of the ship. Just make sure x/y, skills cooldown and hp/mana are the same =)

How about "Galactical Crusade" for the name?

Gl & hf with this project. Hopin you'll finish it, I am : )

takethat

Reaction score
That is rubbish.
a) This is no normal battleships...
b) That map sucks. It is completely imbalanced, and barely anyone plays it.
c) It is really easy to do such a system yourself. Simply create invisible heroes, but them into an array, and periodically set their x/y to the x/y of your ship.

@takethat:
Couldn't you just scale the selection circle size to 0.00 (for the ship and it's guns?)
It would bug with the "alt" hp-bar showing, but it would definetly look better : /
You might alternatively create a dummy unit with no visible model, but the same stats as the current ship and make the player select that one instead of the ship. Just make sure x/y, skills cooldown and hp/mana are the same =)

How about "Galactical Crusade" for the name?

Gl & hf with this project. Hopin you'll finish it, I am : )

i played battleship :p but not that ver which got 30 slot...
i just wonder if selection scale to 0, which will not show any circle, does that make the unit non attackable by normal attack?

in latest ver, i make weapon and hull selection circle hieght to max, so can no longer be see on the screen

i had tot of using a dummy as something like control panel, but most of my trigger are using triggering unit to refer the hero... quite lot of work if converte.

smoke screen is a skill that create a cloud of purple smoke that block your view, so yeah, alt hp bar will spoil this skill.
(y purple smoke? pls watch gundam 00 XD)

galactical crusade =.= got any reason using this name mah?

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
There's this action in the category "Players" or something that makes it not show life-bar and selection circle or something. Try searching "hide" or "show" in the actions thingy. And the selection circle is just for aesthetics, it doesn't do anything to the unit, just that you can't see which unit you are selecting if you have loads of units XD.
And how about: "Lost Universes" or "Galatic Battlefield" for the name?

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
galactic strife.. or galactical strife. for title since it is fought between two factions? and in SPACE!!! then i can always say.. lets play gs.

takethat

Reaction score
update:
New model for Interceptor, Converte and Frigate
New Skill for interceptor and converte, Smoke Screen
Side Movement System for every class of ship except Interceptor and Converte
More Screenshot

i still hope to have some 1 to help me model the Mothership, but the docking and launching system is needed before continue, and it need to be done togather with the mothership...

guess i have to model it myself.

if any1 interested, can suggest how ships look like (design)
Destroyer, Cruiser, Battleship, Dreadnaught.

next will be the heavy frigate.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.