Space Invaders XL - an underrated and totally obscure port of the Arcade

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the most rare NUON titles - LOL - Space Invaders XL for the NUON is a 2 player version of the game and provides a ton of different options that really bring the Classic to life!

I don't think we will ever see a re-release of this because it is Space Invaders and I am sure the license is expensive. However, if it could ever re-released this is a great title for the NUON.

Here is a review from 2018

Here is the NUON-Dome take on the game from back in the day

One of the real cool things about this game is that it is a NUON exclusive in the fact that all the other platforms it was ported to never got an official release. At a suggested retail value of 29.95 from when it was released if you come across this bad boy it is worth quite a bit more than that!

Talk about Space Invaders XL for the NUON here!

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I was extremely disappointed with this when it came out. After all the hype from Minter when Nuon was still known as "Project X", even the company calling it a Mario Killer that would crush the N64, we get a port of a 1978 arcade game.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I was extremely disappointed with this when it came out. After all the hype from Minter when Nuon was still known as "Project X", even the company calling it a Mario Killer that would crush the N64, we get a port of a 1978 arcade game.

Hey it was a good port man. Not the technology break-thru we were all hoping for unfortunately.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.