space invaders xl on ebay not mine

Xentorians

Reaction score
Holy cow! woooooow talk about being late , my broke ass would have definitely bought it. You shouldnt have let it go midnight. Whatever! put it on a credit card, borrow the money, borrow someone's credit card. It doesn't matter! You GET stuff like this by all means necessary, you just don't let it pass you by, I knew I shouldn't have gone to Long Island for 2 days.blasted im so upset lol. oh well hehehe.

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Holy cow! woooooow talk about being late , my broke ass would have definitely bought it. You shouldnt have let it go midnight. Whatever! put it on a credit card, borrow the money, borrow someone's credit card. It doesn't matter! You GET stuff like this by all means necessary, you just don't let it pass you by, I knew I shouldn't have gone to Long Island for 2 days.blasted im so upset lol. oh well hehehe.

If it was remotely possible I would have gotten it. I did not have much money and I only have 1 credit card and it has no limit. I spent what money I had on a fishing license several hours before so I could go on a fishing trip with some friends. If it would have come up on payday(friday) I would have skipped paying a bill or something but I knew it wouldn't last. I was wishing someone here would get it. Oh well I'm sure in a week space invaders xl will be up for about 100 bucks buy it now. lol

Believe me it was not easy to let it go. Wife and kids want to eat though. I'm not sure why? I think we would survive without food for a few days. lol

Xentorians

Reaction score
lmao!! Yeah man! If fish can go a few days without eating so can a family! But why did you get a license? I go fishing sometimes and Ive never needed a license. Theres a nice Toshiba set up for auction right now. I betcha this player wont get too much attention like the last few auctions Ive seen. If it doesn't go beyond $40 I might bid on it. I was able to get this fabulous machine linked below, the winning bidder didnt pay and I was the second highest bidder. And I'm all set up for it, ive got plenty of amiga 500 games, cant wait. I kinda overpaid though, oh well, Ive no wife and kids lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220237483336&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
lmao!! Yeah man! If fish can go a few days without eating so can a family! But why did you get a license? I go fishing sometimes and Ive never needed a license. Theres a nice Toshiba set up for auction right now. I betcha this player wont get too much attention like the last few auctions Ive seen. If it doesn't go beyond $40 I might bid on it. I was able to get this fabulous machine linked below, the winning bidder didnt pay and I was the second highest bidder. And I'm all set up for it, ive got plenty of amiga 500 games, cant wait. I kinda overpaid though, oh well, Ive no wife and kids lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220237483336&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012

You don't fish without a license here. If yu do you can get a fairly heavy fine and also they can take your fishing gear or even you vehicle your driving although that would be the case mostly for repeat offenders. You can fish in state parks without a license but the place we go is no longer a state park. Due to long hours in my previous job I have not been able to fish much in the ladt few years and I miss it. Now I only work 45 to 50 hours so I would like to fish more.

Xentorians

Reaction score
ok then that explains why ive been able to get away with it. Im not a huge fishing aficionado or anything and im neither very knowledgeable. All I did was read up on fishing a little bit, head over to modells sporting goods, buy some cheap generic gear and head out to the nearest pond or creek and what have you lol. It's fun, Ive been able to catch some fish to eat. Only thing i hate is having to throw back a fish that I THINK I cant eat.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
You guys are making me want to go fishing bad but it is just way to hot in Texas right now to entertain that idea.

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
You guys are making me want to go fishing bad but it is just way to hot in Texas right now to entertain that idea.

I'm in Texas in orange all the way in the southeast corner. where r u?

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
ok then that explains why ive been able to get away with it. Im not a huge fishing aficionado or anything and im neither very knowledgeable. All I did was read up on fishing a little bit, head over to modells sporting goods, buy some cheap generic gear and head out to the nearest pond or creek and what have you lol. It's fun, Ive been able to catch some fish to eat. Only thing i hate is having to throw back a fish that I THINK I cant eat.

I go saltwater fishing. I have not been fishing in a pond in a long time.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm in Texas in orange all the way in the southeast corner. where r u?

Houston.

I would go to Texas City, Galveston, Surfside or possibly some of the freshwater lakes for Bass like Conroe, Fayettville (power plant lake), Lake Houston, or even in the Bayous we have around here - they have mutant huge fish in Buffalo Bayou cause it is never fished except net fishing by homeless and others at the spillways.

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
Houston.

I would go to Texas City, Galveston, Surfside or possibly some of the freshwater lakes for Bass like Conroe, Fayettville (power plant lake), Lake Houston, or even in the Bayous we have around here - they have mutant huge fish in Buffalo Bayou cause it is never fished except net fishing by homeless and others at the spillways.

for me mostly Sabine lake, rollover pass, some surf fishing off the pier in Galveston, Neches river in Beaumont, sometimes the trinity river south of the bridge on I-10. I also from time to time hit the Seabrook or Texas City area.

Xentorians

Reaction score
Well the Toshiba SD-2300 went for 18.25 shipped. Way below the $40 i mentioned earlier and I won it. hhhmm big deal I already have a N501, but the Toshiba looks alot cooler and has better controller ports and a door to open and close the controller ports. hhhmm big deal, impulse buy.

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
Well the Toshiba SD-2300 went for 18.25 shipped. Way below the $40 i mentioned earlier and I won it. hhhmm big deal I already have a N501, but the Toshiba looks alot cooler and has better controller ports and a door to open and close the controller ports. hhhmm big deal, impulse buy.

I have been wanting one too. I just like toshiba products. I actually think the samsungs look cooler though. congrats on the buy.

Xentorians

Reaction score
hhmm I don't know, I have to disagree. The Toshiba player looks cooler, it has more of an audiophile look to it whatever that means. I've been playing Space Invaders XL, the game is exactly the same game that was released on the SNES titled just "Space Invaders" same exact options and menus. The sound effects are a little louder though, thats probably because im playing the SNES one on the original XBOX via emulation. Honestly though, I dont know how this game was so big back in the early 80's, I think it gets WAY too frantic when you've killed most of the invaders on the screen, even on the first level. I think Galaxian destroys this game, its much better balanced.

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
hhmm I don't know, I have to disagree. The Toshiba player looks cooler, it has more of an audiophile look to it whatever that means. I've been playing Space Invaders XL, the game is exactly the same game that was released on the SNES titled just "Space Invaders" same exact options and menus. The sound effects are a little louder though, thats probably because im playing the SNES one on the original XBOX via emulation. Honestly though, I dont know how this game was so big back in the early 80's, I think it gets WAY too frantic when you've killed most of the invaders on the screen, even on the first level. I think Galaxian destroys this game, its much better balanced.

The toshiba is a good looking unit as well but most all tv's and stereo equip is starting to come in silver which means the nuon goes with my stuff better. Especially since I just had to switch to a yamaha surround sound. My marantz amp went on the fritz the other day. Damn i'm gonna miss that thing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.