WIP ~ Space Shooter ~

Reaction score
<image dead>

Description:
Being WIP there is not much to tell yet. However, Space Shooter is a vertical scrolling-shooter type of a game.

Use your weapons with the help of bonuses to destroy the enemies floating in the space. Currently, you're not able to shoot the enemies. Reason: They do not exist.

Controls:
You're going to need arrow keys and mouse buttons to control your Space Ship. If you don't own mouse or arrow keys, you're not able to play this.

Moving is done by pressing arrow keys. Aiming and shooting is done my moving and clicking with mouse.

Everything on the right-side menu happens with clicking mouse - changing weapons, using bonuses or toggling options.

Screenshots: (1280x1024 pictures)
<image dead>
<image dead>
<image dead>

What I Want You To Do:
Report any bugs with movement and shooting. If you get any awesome ideas for this map, please use the reply button at let me know it. I might add it, and probably will, if people like the idea.

Anyway, have nice time testing what I have made so far :)!

Change Log:
Alpha 5:
- Fixed a bug that caused the game crash randomly on start up for some people. (Credits to vypur85 and Artificial)
- Fixed cooldown indicator showing incorrectly when swapping weapons during cooldown
- Cursor no longer turns green when moving it over the Space Ship (Credits to Builder_Bob) NOTE: This isn't working now, I made a mistake, sorry.
- Initialization now takes few seconds, that is to make smoother start up

Map:

Attachments

• Space Shooter alpha 5.w3x
    186.6 KB · Views: 350

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
Screenshots look really appetizing.

I shall try this sometime, hopefully. And I'll post feedback

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
...and the map is not playable. Is it only me?

Yes, I opened it fine.

I have been looking forward to this, and it is really cool. I will be looking forward to the next version :thup: I can see your second map of the week coming soon :D

EDIT: I forgot to add, the only thing that makes it feel less "spacey" is the cursor, so I think you should get a custom one. Or was that already planned? :rolleyes:

Nexor

Reaction score
hmm, nice map, but there are some bugs, I can't shoot after some clicking on the right side of the map (the menu thing)
I can't turn the ship, it always looks to the bottom of the map

Are there anyway enemies at all?
Idk how you get some weapons, but I couldnt

Reaction score
> ...and the map is not playable. Is it only me?
I'll check it. EDIT:// Opened fine for me. Tried straight through wc3.

> Or was that already planned?
Yes. I was planning it after I made the custom UI. But it wasn't that necessary at the point. And thanks for other comments :)!

> I can't shoot after some clicking on the right side of the map
Because that's the menu, and in the menu, there are nothing to shoot.

> I can't turn the ship, it always looks to the bottom of the map
"If you don't have mouse or arrow keys, you're not able to play this." Vypur said it was a ridiculous statement. This proves him wrong. So you have to own a mouse. Anyway.. you MOVE the mouse on the field to aim, change direction, change facing of the ship.

> Are there anyway enemies at all?
Read map description. Some dummy enemies are coming soon.

> Idk how you get some weapons, but I couldnt
You have to weapons, currently. Changing them happens by clicking the icons under "Available Weapons" text.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> This proves him wrong

Ridiculous because computers always have keyboard and mouse (unless...). Which was why "You're going to need arrow keys and mouse buttons to control your Space Ship." was already sufficient to describe the requirements. Anyway, cut the crab. This isn't important.

Still not playable for me =.=". Odd. The previous version you sent was still playable. Not sure why this isn't playable. Anyone else having this problem?

It just stall there, and the WC3 song continued playing. Sometimes it closes immediately after loading.

Reaction score
[DEL]Okay well. Anyone who had the problem, please test this. After you've tested, let me know if it still crashes on start up, or when you shoot.[/DEL]

Start-up/Shoot crash has been fixed. (hopefully nothing new comes up)

There is still a bug with the movement that happens rarely and randomly. If you figure out why or when it happens, please notify me.

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
This is amazing, This game will kick ass once you get some things to shoot in there, Never seen this type of map before. ;)

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
Really cool! Just don't make it too hard. (In some games of this style it's almost impossible to complete the first level...)

Nexor

Reaction score
I lost control on the edges after some seconds. and in the first map I couldnt shoot when I clicked on the menu(not f10, the right side of the map)

Reaction score
> Just don't make it too hard.
Harder the better :).

> I lost control on the edges after some seconds.
What do you mean by losing control?

> and in the first map I couldnt shoot when I clicked on the menu
I answered that already. You're not supposed to shoot to the menu.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I thought you meant the wep #2, which has a random fire.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.