Spawn Trigger Help!

Beonaam

Reaction score
I'm very new to the World Editor, so forgive me if I sound completely stupid.

I am trying to make it so that a few specific computer controlled units will spawn if and only if the player's single hero unit approaches a given building with a specific custom item.

So far, I've used the trigger editor to make the condition for the player carrying the custom item, but I have no idea have to make a condition that the player is within proximity of the building, nor how to make the computer controlled units spawn.

Help? If you need any other information that I haven't specified, please let me know. :)

Yoshii

Reaction score
Events
Unit - A unit comes within 512.00 of Magic Vault 0002 <gen>
((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at (Point(300.00, 300.00)) facing Default building facing degrees

the problem wit hthis trigger is the building has to exist in your map because the trigger will ask you to select the building

Beonaam

Reaction score
Okay, I've figured out that much, tested it all, and it seems to work.
The only problem is that every time that hero goes back to the triggered region, another set of enemy units spawn... is there a way to only make it so the trigger only works once?

Beonaam

Reaction score
Wow, now I look like an idiot. :p

One last thing, since I don't want the player to have a base (just one single custom hero unit), I made it so that the game doesn't automatically spawn a base for each player. However now when I test the game, there's a message saying "You will be revealed to your opponents unless you build a town hall" and a timer counting down from 2 minutes. Any way to disable that?

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
you don't look like an idiot. you're new to the editor, and you had a question about something you didn't understand.

Yoshii

Reaction score
Wow, now I look like an idiot. :p

One last thing, since I don't want the player to have a base (just one single custom hero unit), I made it so that the game doesn't automatically spawn a base for each player. However now when I test the game, there's a message saying "You will be revealed to your opponents unless you build a town hall" and a timer counting down from 2 minutes. Any way to disable that?

There is the default trigger in your map at map initialization
it read like
-action give starting ressource
-set game as melee
and other stuff

the trigger is called melee initialization

delete all melee game stuff, starting ressource,melee AI and starting building.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.