Spawning a number of doodads in some regions and then spawning in other regions

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
How do you make triggers that spawn a bunch of doodads in 5 random regions out of 6 total? In other words, that one of the regions has no doodads spawned in it...

Also, how do you repeat that for another group of regions? This time 2 or 3 total, depending on where a doodad didn't get spawned.

I have a problem getting the map to remember which of the 6 regions didn't receive a doodad in it. Hence, I can't determine which of the other group of regions have to participate in the doodad-giving process. Help will be appreciated.

Attachments

Dirac

Assign a boolean to every region, if you spawn a doodad in it set it to true, if destroyed it set it to false. Every time you want to create a doodad inside of it check if the boolean is true or false

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
JASS:
function SetArrays takes nothing returns nothing
    local integer a = 0

set Region[0] = region1
    set Region[1] = region2
    set Region[2] = region3
    set Region[3] = region4
    set Region[4] = region5
    set Region[5] = region6

loop
        exitwhen a >= 6
        set index[a] = a
        set a = a + 1
    endloop

set Count = 5
endfunction

JASS:
function test takes nothing returns nothing
    local integer rand
    loop
        exitwhen Count == 0
        set rand  = GetRandomInt(0, Count)
        call GroupEnumUnitsInRect(G, Region[ index[rand] ], Filter(function filterFunc))
        set index[rand] = Count
        set Count = Count - 1
    endloop
endfunction

it's not tested btw

if I'm not wrong with something, this should pick units in 5 random regions/rects out of 6
same could be used for your problem

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Assign a boolean to every region, if you spawn a doodad in it set it to true, if destroyed it set it to false. Every time you want to create a doodad inside of it check if the boolean is true or false
How do you do that :/

keychup

How do you do that :/
That's gonna need alot of explanation :p

- Open the Trigger Editor
- Press Ctrl+B (Alternatively you can click on the yellow X in the Trigger Editor's toolbar)
- Press Ctrl+N (Alternatively you can click on the green X in the Variable Editor's toolbar)
- Type Boolean_Region1 in the Variable name and pick Boolean as the variable type
- Repeat until you have 5 variables of the boolean type, entitled Boolean_Region1, Boolean_Region2, Boolean_Region3, Boolean_Region4, and Boolean_Region5 respectively.

Now that your variables are all set up you can use the condition "Boolean Comparison" and choose from the variables you made. Set True if there are trees in the corresponding region, and set false if there aren't.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I really do not want to move to California otherwise I might consider it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    yeah California is not anywhere you really want to live
  • The Helper The Helper:
    That is why I did not take the job Blizzard offered me back in the day, there is no way I could have moved my family there on what they were offering, not even close and that was like 20 years ago
  • The Helper The Helper:
    yeah they wanted me on the tech support team when they did not get me they got one of the next MVPs in Dinobot
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Dinobot was one of the youngest of the MVPs tkron probably could have worked for Blizzard but he had a good job in Chicago doing business programming already
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Dinobot probably still works for Blizzard would love to reconnect with that guy
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I wonder what ever happened to Wargasm?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This new version of Xenforo really is awesome
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Wargasm is still around. He works for the domain registrar where thehelper.net is kept.
  • Varine Varine:
    Is sqrage still around?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I have not seen him on lately the forum says he was last on 2 years ago
  • The Helper The Helper:
    How are you doing Varine have not seen you around in a minute
  • thewrongvine thewrongvine:
    lol I live in CA
    I've got some friends in animation department who have been applying for Blizzard, doing interviews and such. They said the workplace seems nice, though now it'd be all remote work I suppose
  • The Helper The Helper:
    good for them I live close to Austin and am trying to get my kids interested in getting into Games but not having much luck. I would never let them move to Cali.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    unless it was huge money
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and even then with the taxes I really could never let them move there
    Haha fair enough, I have no interest in CA at all as a living place either. Really only here just for the work in LA, but hopefully once I get settled enough in my work, I can move out
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    +1
  • jonas jonas:
    " a traditionally-sized California family of one person ":cool:
    +1

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop