spawning/attack-moving

Po0gles

Reaction score
Hey, im making a map in which i want units to spawn and attack an area, but i do not want them to just attack the player thats nearest, i want them to kind of swarm so that not only the player at the front will be attacked. What i was thinking about is making multiple regions and let the units check if there is any player and if there wasnt one to just check the next region and so on... unforunately i think that would be very complex and i would have to put a lot of work in it, also maybe it would not work. Can you help me find a better solution for my problem?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
What you describe is a very basic AI. I dont think you could make it work and have it less basic (and thus less complicated) then that.
Of course, the answer depends heavily on your map.

jonas

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Make them run as scouts to random locations and if they are attacked make all units a-move towards the unit that got attacked.

Or simply attack round robin: for each player get the location of their oldest (or whatever) town center, and whenever you send an attack wave pick the next player from them.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Make them run as scouts to random locations and if they are attacked make all units a-move towards the unit that got attacked.
That could easily be exploited to make the AI a walkover.

Or simply attack round robin: for each player get the location of their oldest (or whatever) town center, and whenever you send an attack wave pick the next player from them.
That could work, but perhaps not as good as just determining which towncenter is a valid target. After all, its just 12 players at max, performance is no concern.

Po0gles

Reaction score

That actually sounds good to me. Like making an integer and every unit that spawns gets a random number for example with 5 players, every unit gets a random number between 1-5, 1 means attacking player 1 and 5 attacking player 5. I just wonder how to make the units know where the specific players are and how to make the whole system work, can you give me an idea of the trigger?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.