Spawning trigger Help

Craigimus

Reaction score
I've made 30 levels but during the levels red's spawns first then blue then teal etc like its waiting for each spawn for each player before the next starts here is the spawning trigger

Code:
Actions
    Countdown Timer - Start Level1Timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 20.00 seconds
    Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for (Last started timer) with title Level 2
    Countdown Timer - Show (Last created timer window)
    Wait 20.00 seconds
    Countdown Timer - Destroy (Last created timer window)
    If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        If - Conditions
            (Player 1 (Red) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        Then - Actions
            Unit - Create 1 Level 2 Koopa (Red) for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Player 1 Start <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
            Unit - Change color of (Last created unit) to Red
            Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Center of RedTurn1 <gen>)
            Wait 2.00 seconds
            Unit - Create 1 Level 2 Koopa (Red) for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Player 1 Start <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
            Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Center of RedTurn1 <gen>)
            Wait 2.00 seconds
     If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        If - Conditions
            (Player 2 (Blue) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        Then - Actions
            Unit - Create 1 Level 2 Koopa (Red) for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Player 2 Start <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
            Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Center of BlueTurn1 <gen>)
            Wait 2.00 seconds
            Unit - Create 1 Level 2 Koopa (Red) for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Player 2 Start <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
            Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Center of BlueTurn1 <gen>)
            Wait 2.00 seconds

it will firstly do the first unit wait 2 seconds do the next unit then start doing blue's

i want it to do all of them at the sametime (not all the units but for each player at the sametime)

Squishinator

Reaction score
Maybe it is becuase of the last created unit action. the game is probably only reading one of the units as the "last created unit." try making them all different variables, although it is probably too much work.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Why don't you also do Blue's spawns in the same loop? Make another trigger to take out Blue's spawns with it detecting if the player Blue is Equal to Playing.

For the spawning time, I think it's because Waits in the same trigger are universal and stack...

And @ Squishinator: actually, you only need one variable for all of that. Just give it an array, so it'll be like: Dummy [1] | Dummy [2] | Dummy [3] | etc.

Craigimus

Reaction score
gah so angry xD i did all of it into one and just as i was copying and pasting the last level worldedit decided to error on me :/ -angry-
all that i did wasnt saved and gotta do it again GAh.

one thing i dont understand is taking out blue if he isnt there ?

like uhhh

Spawning
Event - time elasped equal 0
action - spawn unit in bluestart
- order unit move to blue1

BlueLeft/Not In Game
Event - Unit Enters Region Bluestart
Condition - Blue not equal to playing
unit - remove unit from game

would that work ? or just be to much work ?

i was just wondering how you make the spawns so its a race like in other TD's

would there be seperate spawns for each player ? and a region covering the players area and when theres no units left in the region it starts the next level before other players ?

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
Maybe I misunderstand, because I find it slightly difficult to grasp your arguments (sorry), but I think that if you add a condition that the player is not playing in a player loop, it would be easier?

Craigimus

Reaction score
i added all the spawning into one loop if i put one player not playing in the condition it would cancel out all the spawnings

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.