speed increase buff

stevegoldy2

Reaction score
Hey, I'm pretty new to this and did a quick search and didn't find much.

1.) I want to make a buff to increase the units speed.
2.) Making it work without having to 'select' the target.. I want it to be used on the caster only.

this map editor is hurting my head :banghead:

INCINERATE

Reaction score
go to the units section of the data editor, find the behaviour field of the unit, and give it that speed increasing buff.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I think he was more after an ability which adds a move speed bonus to the caster when activated.

To make a move speed bonus buff, go to the behaviour tab and create a new object and set the type to buff. Then use the Movement Speed Multiplier property in the Behaviour - Modification + property to set how much of a move speed bonus you want to give.

The ability type that you would want to use is the Effect - Instant which is linked to an effect (via the Effect - Effect property) of the type Apply Behaviour, which will apply the buff you have just created before. Don't forget to add buttons to the Ability's Ability - Commands + property's execute command or else you wont be able to add it to the units command card property.

stevegoldy2

Reaction score
The ability type that you would want to use is the Effect - Instant which is linked to an effect (via the Effect - Effect property) of the type Apply Behaviour, which will apply the buff you have just created before.

Sorry, but I'm pretty new to this. I know the rest except this one part. I made a new effect and in that property window that comes up I set the 'Effect Type' to Apply Behavior. (I'm not sure if that's what you meant though) I don't see anything having to do with Effect - Instant.

*EDIT* I found out how to do this part. So I did everything and when i boot up the game and try the ability I get "No unit can handle this command."

*EDIT EDIT* Nvm. My deceleration was higher than my acceleration i think. But it works now!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.