Spell help ??!

aki15

Reaction score
Hi everyone i'm trying to make a spell that travels and when hits someone stun/knockback/freeze/poison it and dissapear. Just like Miranas arrow in dota. :confused::confused:

aki15

Reaction score
Can i edit it a little?
EDIT-----------------------
I tried to edit something, but it seems too complicated for me :D
Can you make me a Hammer spell just like that, traveling and stunning when hit. But 2 second stun, no stun increasing per range. If you wish to do it, please don't use hashtables or jass :) Thanks :p !

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Can i edit it a little?
EDIT-----------------------
I tried to edit something, but it seems too complicated for me :D
Can you make me a Hammer spell just like that, traveling and stunning when hit. But 2 second stun, no stun increasing per range. If you wish to do it, please don't use hashtables or jass :) Thanks :p !

Why "No hashtable"? Hashtables are the most efficient method to make spells MUI for GUI.

aki15

Reaction score
Hmmm, i can't say it's bad... Just when i import some spell that uses hashtables my map crashes... (i can't even start loading it)!

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Hmmm, i can't say it's bad... Just when i import some spell that uses hashtables my map crashes... (i can't even start loading it)!

Crash? Are you like using some really old World Editor version?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Thats because you imported it wrong into your map, try testing Ayanami's map, it does not crash, and you test it with your own editor :b

so if you import it correctly it should work the exact same way as in Ayanami's map:p

damon92

Reaction score
well, i just finished coding this Elune-Arrow-like spell for my map,

it launches a rocket that travels in a line and will explode if it comes in contact with a tree (will destroy the tree) or an enemy unit (damaging and stunning)

have fun with it :D

edit: oh yeah it's in GUI, and is easily editable (if you know GUI of course), it uses no hashtables, just variables.

feedback is appreciated

View attachment Riot Rocket - Updated.w3x

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
well, i just finished coding this Elune-Arrow-like spell for my map,

it launches a rocket that travels in a line and will explode if it comes in contact with a tree (will destroy the tree) or an enemy unit (damaging and stunning)

have fun with it :D

edit: oh yeah it's in GUI, and is easily editable (if you know GUI of course), it uses no hashtables, just variables.

feedback is appreciated

View attachment 38824

Sadly, not MUI. Other than that, it should be quite fine. However, you don't need this:

Trigger:
  • (Number of units in RR_Targets_Group) Greater than 0

If the unit group is empty, the loop actions under the "Unit Group" will not run at all. Plus, you're only removing the leaks only when the RR_Targets_Group is greater than 0. Thus, it leaks.

damon92

Reaction score
Sadly, not MUI. Other than that, it should be quite fine. However, you don't need this:

Trigger:
  • (Number of units in RR_Targets_Group) Greater than 0

If the unit group is empty, the loop actions under the "Unit Group" will not run at all. Plus, you're only removing the leaks only when the RR_Targets_Group is greater than 0. Thus, it leaks.

hehe, thats my first spell to be submitted here.

on your feedback:

i'm using the If - (Number of units in (RR_Target_Groups) Greater than 0 because there is another actions in the Then - Actions (Killing the rocket, and leak removal)

about the leaks, yeah now i noticed that it would leaks if the rocket didn't hit anything, well if i change the condition to having an 'or RR_Dummy is dead equal to true' it will solve it right?

thanks for the feedback mate :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.