[Spell Ideas] Crystal Maiden

Jinxx

Reaction score
No no, it's not DotA's Crystal Maiden! :p

Frost Arrows are boring, but I love their sound effects (sounds like they're brittle and shatter), and even their icon looks crystal-ish, which gave me the idea of giving them stun effects instead of the old vanilla slow.

So I wanted to make a ranged hero with a crystal theme. I'm using the Nelf archer for this, and her abilities revolve around ranged stunning. So far I have only her first ability, and need 3-4 more for a full skillset.

1. Crystal Arrows (auto-cast, stuns for 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.4/0.5 seconds)
2. ? ? ?
3. ? ? ?
4. ? ? ?
5. ? ? ?

The abilities can be actives, passives, buffs, auras, debuffs, toggles, whatever comes to your mind as long as it's original. Also, the hero can be INT/AGI (STR wouldn't fit her theme or her model) depending on the spells she has, so don't worry about that. Just try to come up with some cool and original spells that synergize nicely. :thup:

EDIT: Nevermind, just say Happysmiley's thread... posting there.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
absolutezero.png

Absolute Zero - Active
Granted with absolute frost powers, the Crystal Maiden releases harsh barrages of chilling winds that spread outwards. All units caught in the wind are damaged, have their movement speed decreased and are frost-vulnerable. While frost-vulnerable, any damage taken from the Crystal Maiden will cause the unit to be frozen for 2 seconds and receive extra damage based on the damage taken. Frost-vulnerable state is removed when this effect applies.

Level 1 - Deals 100 damage. Movement speed reduction equivalent to 1.2 times of agility. Damage taken increased by 20% at that instance.
Level 2 - Deals 150 damage. Movement speed reduction equivalent to 1.4 times of agility. Damage taken increased by 40% at that instance.
Level 3 - Deals 200 damage. Movement speed reduction equivalent to 1.6 times of agility. Damage taken increased by 60% at that instance.
Level 4 - Deals 250 damage. Movement speed reduction equivalent to 1.8 times of agility. Damage taken increased by 80% at that instance.
Level 5 - Deals 300 damage. Movement speed reduction equivalent to 2.0 times of agility. Damage taken increased by 100% at that instance.

Cast Range: 600
Target Type: Point
Cooldown: 20/19/18/17/16 seconds

Note: Movement speed reduction is not percentage. It's a flat amount.

frozenplasma.png

Frozen Plasma - Passive
The Crystal Maiden gives out a chilling aura that slowly freezes nearby enemy units. As long as the enemy units are within range, their attack and movement speed are constantly reduced per second. At the limit, the units are frozen solid for 1.5 seconds. After the frozen state disappears, the slow rate is reset. All enemies that escape the Frozen Plasma effect have their slow reset. Limit is reached at 100% movement speed and 50% attack speed reduction.

Level 1 - 2% movement speed at 1% attack speed reduction per second.
Level 2 - 4% movement speed at 2% attack speed reduction per second.
Level 3 - 6% movement speed at 3% attack speed reduction per second.
Level 4 - 8% movement speed at 4% attack speed reduction per second.
Level 5 - 10% movement speed at 5% attack speed reduction per second.

Area Range: 500
Target Type: None

Can't think of another 2 at the moment. Just thought you might want to use this 2 skills.

EDIT
Didn't notice your edited part. Oh well.

Jinxx

Reaction score
Wow Glenphir, these are really nice! And sweet icons too! :eek:

I'll see what Happysmiley comes up with - regardless of him, I'm probably using your two spells on another frost-themed hero, they're just so... tasty! :thup:

mapguy

Reaction score
Northern winds - passive
The cold loves and follows the crystal maiden where ever she goes. Slows the movement and attack speed of all nearby enemies. If an enemy remains for a certain amount of time under effect of this aura he's freeze and cannot move, attack or cast spells (like a stun) for 2.5 seconds or until it takes 100 damage.
Level 1-10% movement 7% attack speed slow. freezes after 25 seconds.
Level 2-14% movement 10% attack speed slow. freezes after 22 seconds.
Level 3-18% movement 13% attack speed slow. freezes after 19 seconds.
Level 4-22% movement 16% attack speed slow. freezes after 16 seconds.

Orb of crystal - active, target area. (Channeling)
creates a crystal ball at target point which slowly becomes more and more cold. The orb explodes after 4 seconds or until the crystal maiden orders it to. The explosion releases a nova that slows the movement and attack speed of all nearby enemies by 40% during some seconds. The damage and duration the slow of the explosion is based on how much time the crystal maiden is channeling.
Level 1- 30 damage, 0.5 seconds of slow per second channeling.
Level 2- 50 damage, 0.5 seconds of slow per second channeling.
Level 3- 70 damage, 0.5 seconds of slow per second channeling.
Level 4- 90 damage, 0.5 seconds of slow per second channeling.

Shatter - target point
throws a ball of ice in target direction dealing damage to the first enemy it hits. The damage is based on the current movement speed of the target.
Level 1- damage equal to ((100 - (MS / 10)) x 2)
Level 2- damage equal to ((110 - (MS / 10)) x 2.5)
Level 3- damage equal to ((120 - (MS / 10)) x 3)
Level 4- damage equal to ((130 - (MS / 10)) x 3.5)
I like this spell :D

Ice wall - active, target point
Creates a wall of ice in target location, the wall extends 400 units to right and 400 unit to the left. No enemy can cross the wall, but if an ally aproaches the wall opens to that ally and than closes again when he pass. (the wall cannot be destroied)
Level 1- Lasts 3 seconds.
Level 1- Lasts 3.5 seconds.
Level 1- Lasts 4 seconds.
Level 1- Lasts 4.5 seconds.

I will use these ideas for my Ice Mage, But I dont care if you use them too.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.