Spell Ideas for my Archer

Happy

Reaction score
hey guys...

im making a map like you could imagine ^^ so i need for my archer 2 "normal" spells....

at the moment it has:

1st skill : Hide
A changed version of windwalk.

Ultimate :
A periodic passivly shot elemental arrow onto a random enemy unit in range.

what im searching for is spells fitting to an archer. means nothing like an arrow hitting the unit and taking it over the half of the map and then exploding.
it shall be at least a bit realistic^^
and one thing too...they shall be active.

thanks in advance and hoping for good ideas^^

happy

EDIT: oh and by the way...could anyone tell me which was the spell destroying HP and giving mana (everything on your hero...so the casting one^^)?? i cant find it =(

Deathtrex

Reaction score
How about

How about some kind of Aimed Shot? Takes time to cast and maybe not hitting one target but continues around 600 range or somthing and hitting all in the line. And how about a trap? Frost trap, place an Invisible frost trap, the unit/hero who enters gets frozen for a period (Single attack removes the frozen buff)

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
it shall be at least a bit realistic^^
like the current are :rolleyes:

Razor Arrow
Shoots an arrow in front of the archer, which pierces trough enemy units it hits, dealing weapon damage. The arrow ignores enemy unit's armor and deals double damage if it hits the unit from behind.

Deathtrex

Reaction score
Can you make that?

Dino can you make that trigger? Cause i can actually use that for my map too :p

Aedes

Reaction score
Powershot

Takes time to release a powerful shot at a target enemy unit dealing huge damage and stun. Damage and stun is based on how long it cast (just set an amount on this). Max of 3 seconds casting time. Also reveals the targeted unit on the map. Casting range of 2000.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Repeating Shot

The Archer fires an arrow at a targeted unit, dealing normal damage, slowing it's attack speed by 8%, movement speed by 15%, and reducing armor by 1. Each successive shot lowers the targets attack speed by an additional 1%, movement speed by 3% and armor by 1. Stacks up to 5 times, 3 second cooldown.

Change the values as you want x)

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
About the hp-mana thing, I think you need to trigger that. Which is, fortunately, not very hard :p

Got a couple of ideas
Arcane Aim - Have a few seconds casting time. When the arrow is shot, it have a random magical effect on it (could be a poison arrow, a mana burn arrow, a fire arrow, a frost arrow, etc) Note: If possible, aiming (casting time) should not reveal invisible Archer
ALTERNATIVE: Aims until unit comes too far away, then shoots, the power of the shot increasing with each casting time second. Should have a maximum casting time.

Hunter's mark - When cast on an enemy, the archer immediately starts attacking it. Decreases the unit's armor, and all attacks made by the Archer at close range (150 or someting) deals extra damage. Lasts until the Archer is issued another order! Note: nice assassin combo with windwalk

Drow - This is, if your Archer have the Sylvanas model. Because then an active metamorphis turning her into the Dark Ranger model. Effect: Turns Ethereal for the duration of the spell. Note: Have a lot of possibilites for more effects, as long as you keep it from becoming overpowered

Marksman's Blessing - Like a Roar, but only affects ranged units!

shady

Reaction score
I've read many good spells and here is mine.

Elemental arrow:
Made Fire,earth,wind,water,frost,shadow,holy arrows and import them to one spell called Elemental arrow.

Auto-Cast/Passive/Normal: Auto-Cast or Normal ( I recommend you Auto-Cast :) )

Mana cost:
Fire: 25/35/45/55
Earth: 40/45/50/55
Wind: 85/75/65/55
Water: 22/33/44/55
Frost: 100/85/70/55
Shadow: 55/55/55/55
Holy: 70/65/60/55

Auto Change/Self choose: Self Choose: ( Changing )

You can choose between 7 Elemental arrows that can do additional damage.

Change between different arrows 4-5 seconds or more/less.

educator

Reaction score
I've read many good spells and here is mine.

Elemental arrow:
Made Fire,earth,wind,water,frost,shadow,holy arrows and import them to one spell called Elemental arrow.

Auto-Cast/Passive/Normal: Auto-Cast or Normal ( I recommend you Auto-Cast :) )

Mana cost:
Fire: 25/35/45/55
Earth: 40/45/50/55
Wind: 85/75/65/55
Water: 22/33/44/55
Frost: 100/85/70/55
Shadow: 55/55/55/55
Holy: 70/65/60/55

Auto Change/Self choose: Self Choose: ( Changing )

You can choose between 7 Elemental arrows that can do additional damage.

Change between different arrows 4-5 seconds or more/less.

1- omg, epic idea:thup:

2- my ideas
Hunting Owl
sentinel, but with a unit target instead of tree (or fearie fire with sentinel buff)

Plague arrow
base: fire bolt (nulled)
the archer fires an arrow at a target it then adds a disease cloud ability that affects allies n' nuetral (not enemies) and removes the ability strait away so that the target and units in an area gets affected by it

shady

Reaction score
1- omg, epic idea:thup:

Well, thank you. :):D:D:p:p:rolleyes::eek::D:thup::D:D:D:D

EDIT: I'm Making edit cuz i will get really big trouble if i make new post.

One dude like my spell idea ( ^educator ), so i decided to make icons and spells in sample map.

REMEMBER TO EDIT THE SPELLS AND TO MAKE TRIGGER TO HIDE SPELL BOOK CUZ THEY ARE NOT SO DONE. IF YOU NEED SOMETHING JUST PM ME AND I'LL TRY TO HELP. BUT JUST EDIT WHERE SPELLS ARE SIMILAR ONE WITH OTHER. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THAT TIME ALSO PM ME AND I'LL FIX THE PROBLEM.

thanks for the attention. :)

Attachments

• Elemental arrows.w3x
    85.6 KB · Views: 272

vonDarkmoor

Reaction score
How bout an Active Multi Shot. something like the wardens fan of knives but in a cone shaped zone.

Shoots 3,4,5,ect ... arrows at multiple enemies.

Maybe increase chance to miss for a more realistic aspect.

Rare_Yeoman

Cool Member
Reaction score
Well, here are a few of the abilities that i've used for my archer hero,

Rapid Fire- increases atk speed for a period of time

Hail of Arrows- Start with the Tinker hero's cluster rockets, replace the modlefile with that of an arrow, and remove the stun.

Also, you mentioned realism, and one thing i'd been trying to incorportate into a ranged hero is min rangge on atks. This could be a great way for ballancing an over powered hero. I personally gave the hero Point Blank Shot which was a passive ability which lowered the min range and increased dmg on atks made within a certain distance of the hero.

Hope this helps you

P.S. if you end up using any of these, i'd appreciate credit, thanks

Chilling

Reaction score
The spell you're looking for might be Life Siphon or Mana Siphon, unless you want to remove HP from an enemy and get mana in return, in which case you would have to trigger it, which wouldn't be too hard at all.

Happy

Reaction score
thank you all for your really good spells ^.^

i chose to use the hunters mark spell made by Necrach for sure. i really like it :thup: and its fitting perfectly like you said to the windwalk thingi^^

the other doesnt really fit.

@ shady : your spell is really really good...ill use it in another map if you agree...im working on a couple of maps at the moment^^ and for this archer its bad because it has a similar spell as ulti^^

and for the third spell ill use an arrow reducing movementspeed a bit everytime its hitting an enemy...whether ill make it stackable or not im not sure ^^ but i think its fitting to the windwalk thingi and the hunters mark spell ^^

thanks to all ^^

and for sure Necrach youll get credits in the map im currently working on most of the time...and shady youll get credits in the other one where ill use your spell^^

shady

Reaction score
@ shady : your spell is really really good...ill use it in another map if you agree...im working on a couple of maps at the moment^^ and for this archer its bad because it has a similar spell as ulti^^

I'm happy you like my elemental arrow spell :) if need help with something just pm me ^^

and shady youll get credits in the other one where ill use your spell^^

Okay no problems :)

shady

Reaction score
i come with another interesting idea,

Spell name: COTE:SEF ( Call Of The Elements:Storm, Earth and Fire )

Description:

<name of archer> call the elements Storm, Earth and Fire.Each elemental strikes enemy twice, but the second wave of elemental arrows will deal half of first arrows but effect will be greater,( i mean this: once storm arrow once earth arrow once fire arrow, wait 1 second and again storm,earth,fire arrows be launched ) in the end of the strikes enemies near the targeted unit will be silenced for <seconds> seconds. ( 200-250-300 range ) ( silence buff will show on the enemy target with description: This unit is under the effects of elements, this unit is silenced. )Targeted unit will be revealed on the map for <seconds>. ( targeted = the unit that is selected for COTE spell )

THIS IS ULTI SPELL!!

Mana Cost: <you choose>
Damage of arrows and effects of the arrows:
Fire: For 1.5 seconds the unit will take <damage> fire damage every 0.5 seconds. Second fire arrow for 3 seconds the unit will take <half of the first fire arrow damage> fire damage every 0.30 seconds.:thup: (example: 60 damage over 1.5 seconds every 0.5 seconds, second arrow 10 damage over 3 seconds every 0.30 seconds. 1.5 secs every 0.5 secs = 60 = 20 x 3 damage ; 3 secs every 0.30 secs = 10 x 10 = 100 damage )
Storm: Big amount of damage. Second arrow 50% of the first storm arrow damage. ( example: 90 damage ; second arrow 45 damage )
Earth: Slow for 2 seconds. Second earth arrow slow for 1 second but with 2 seconds stun. ( this stun will be active when 4 seconds are passed )

Kind of hard.:D:D:D:D

here is one think i recommend for you:

Trigger:
  • sef spell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to COTE:SEF
    • Actions
      • Sound - Play Storm,Earth and fire. Heed my call.mp3

( sound option can be found at Sound - Play music theme, you choose imported. First import my theme song then remove " war3imported/ " and save. That's all. :) )

Click here for sef sound ( i cut it myself from song power of the horde )

Hope you like it.

aki15

Reaction score
Multishot
Fires arrow to a unit in 300 aoe of target dealing 75/150/225/300 dmg each.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Perfect Aim - #% to crit %

Ranger Instincts - Most rangers are skilled and know how to aim their bow, grants 5% attack speed, 2% attack, 2% movement speed [Lvl1]

Random Shots - 25% To miss, but adds 10% more attack, and 5% more attack speed [Lvl1]

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Shady, the thing is, is that your spell is actually unoriginal, its from Archer Wars, at least give credit to them if you're going to steal a spell

shady

Reaction score
Shady, the thing is, is that your spell is actually unoriginal, its from Archer Wars, at least give credit to them if you're going to steal a spell

WHAT!! xhqxqhxhqhxhqhxqh dude xhqxhqhxqhxhqhxqh this is the first time i hear about Archer Wars!:nuts: If you think i stole their spells, you're going in vary wrong way.This is my personal spell and i think about her 40 minutes, if you don't see i even modify my post for updates! Ask before you post.

EDIT:
My first idea was COTE:WAEF ( Call of the elements: Water, Air, Earth and Fire ), but i hear the song power of the horde and rename my spell to SEF.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.