Spell Ideas

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Seems like I've run out of ideas again. Any suggestions for skills of the elements Fire or Death? BTW the skills are for a Hero Arena so summons and skills dependent on large numbers of creeps will not be required (but if you have any ideas, just put them down. There may be a future use for them)

TomTTT

Reaction score
Well, I like those fire things, but they are pretty hard to make cool. I'll right a little note by each ability of how do I see it...
Circle of slavery
Creates a large circle of fire, that takes all of non-hero units and units under the level of the caster and turns their ownership to his own. All the rest of the units will be knockbacked out of the circle and will be lit on fire, causing them damage for a long period of time. (Change all your damage/time/number of units so on. May be an Ultimate? Seems pretty cool though...)

Magma Surge
The caster releases a huge magma surge, that damages all units touching it and litting them on fire, also has a chance to stun. (Change chance of stun/damage/so on. Maybe base of Shockwave? Or maybe a large straight up red thingy..)

Hell's eyes
The caster reveals the look of hell from his eyes, allowing him to see further, and cause a periodic damage to all units surrounding him. (Change damage/MP Cost/so on. Base this on Disease cloud or Immolation?)

I would also suggest to change the name of the "caster" to the hero's name. I hope this helped! :)

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Blaze Slam
You get burned up and you slam the ground, dealing dmg and fire buff dps.

Hot Hot Hot
You get dps but whenever you get attacked you get bonus attack [stackable] and every attack does extra dps.

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
As for the "Death" element

Cripple
The original Cripple spell! I know, its brilliant :D

Ghast curse
Can be cast on foe or ally (or self). Decreases movement speed but increases damage and attacks slows enemies. Trigger it, so that higher levels give more negative effect to enemies and more positive effect to allies!

Soul surp
Channel. Costs mana every second and also slowly drains mana from nearby units, BOTH friends and foes. For each mana drained (including mana cost for caster) hit points are restored (maybe x3 on lvl 1 and increasing with levels).

Rot
Deals % DPS on target. For example, 4% of maximum hit points each second for 5 seconds, dealing a total of 1/5 of the unit's maximum life!

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Circle of Slavery
Like I said, there's very few creeps in the map at any given time. Also, there's an item that grants control of them, so it would be nearly useless. May help in other maps, though.

Magma Surge
Nice idea, but I'll be needing a model for the magma.

Hell's Eyes
How do I change the sight range, even temporarily?

Blaze Slam
Great idea, simple to make too. But any suggestions for the icon?

Hot Hot Hot
Does this mean you have increased damage and each time you get attacked your damage also increases, as well as causing dps on attack?

Cripple
... I don't see a relation between the two, unless after getting crippled it slowly dies.

Ghast Curse
Cool idea, but doesn't seem like a curse. Name can be changed, but the idea stays.

Soul Surp
Sounds fun. But a bit overbalanced with the healing part, and too costly in terms of mana.

Rot
Is there a standard skill to do so? If not, it'll need triggering, but I'll probably use this (Great Idea).

NoobImbaPro

Reaction score
Inner Fire: Implant a seed of fire inside enemy hero's body. After 6 seconds the target will take an amount of damage X and will get burned for 5 seconds for 1/5 of X Dps.
Dark Ritual: Hero becomes invulnerable and its target after targeting an ally. everything gets darken in 800 radius and for 3 seconds all units withing range are slowed by 60% as/ms (allies included). After the 3 seconds the ally gets 20-80%(depending on level) of his maxhp in physical damage and the same amount for the enemies. If ally hero dies, the enemies get another damage equal to 1/2 of the primary one. If ally hero has 500 hp and he gets 800 damage , the enemies will get 800 not 500.

TomTTT

Reaction score
Well, that sucks about the Circle of Slavery. I kinda wanted that :(. xD kidding.
Well, about the Hell's Eyes, you can choose an item, don't know the names, but there are a lot of Item Abilities using that extended line of sight. Just change it to a unit ability (Passive?) and put in a spellbook. Then disable the spellbook, wait the amount of time and remove it. Or, if it's not passive, then just give it and order to use it.

MORE ABILITIES!

Coma [Passive]
Whenever the caster's health reaches 0 or below, it will move into a Coma state and will release a fire blast to knockback and damage all enemy units surrounding him, and his health will become 5% of it's original. While in Coma state, the caster will gain an increased health regeneration but decreased damage, attack speed and vision. If the caster will gain back at least 20% of it's health, it will get move out of the Coma state. (Acctually, sounds pretty cool, I think. It's damage, attack speed will be reduced, and he will not be able to move. Vision also decreased... Kinda like "Final Stand" thingy. If health reaches 0 while in Coma, caster will die. This ability seems to be Ultimate...)

Essence of the Blight [Passive]
The hero will continuously generate Blight and fire at areas he will walk to. In blight, the hero will gain increased health regeneration. The fire will damage all living enemy units to walk on it. (always wanted to see a hero generating blight...)

How are those? :)

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Inner Fire
I guess I'll use this. I'm thinking that Fire abilities will be mainly dps, so it becomes harder to to kill others without getting killed yourself.

Dark Ritual
Might be used on another map, but not here.

Coma
Kinda like Reincarnation, right? It'll need a bunch of triggers, but I guess it can be the Ultimate. Death skills should involve a bit of sacrifice from the caster, though.

Essence of the Blight
My friend had an idea like this once. I'll probably make something like dummy flame strike at the Hero's position.(Definitely using this)

Hot Hot Hot
So it's an active skill?

TomTTT

Reaction score
YAY! :)
Some abilities of mine are used. xD
Well, about the Coma, I don't want the delay of it and that you just respawn. immidiately when your health reaches 0 your vision decreases and you can't move, your health regenerates faster and you gain 5% of your health. (and of course the blast). If you ever played Call of Duty games (mostly MW, MW2 and BO) then it's similiar to the Final Stand deathstreak/perk.

Oh and more abilities... xD I'm up for some abilities...
Lava Flow (wanted to use Magma again, but already used hehe in Surge... Hehe...)
When starts the cast, the caster will pre-meditate, turning him invulnerable but unable to attack. In the pre-meditation he will be able to select up to X targets in his range of sight to become the Lava Flow's victims. After the caster selects the targets, he will create a large lava flow, that will drain health from the caster the longer he holds it (can be turned off), but will also grow stronger. (optional). [seems really cool ability...]

Maybe I'll think of some more later.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Lava Flow
How are the targets selected? Randomly or by selection? Plus, if you turn invulnerable you'll surely win the current round.

NoobImbaPro

Reaction score
Want another abilities?
Here are some!

Black Chackra: (black chackra point/points=bcp)
When hero casts an ability there is a great chance(>20%) to convert mp into bcp. So you don't loose mana and you gain bcp. It's a passive skill. When you reach limit (MaxMp/5) you are enchanted for 25 seconds. You deal with every hit 4% of your maxhp.

Inferno:
2.7 Seconds cast time. After he blazes the area (around 600) for 3 seconds dealing 125/170/205(+45 each time) dps. The effect lasts for another 1 second for the units that got burned.

Meteor:
It's like rain of fire (pit lord ability) but there is a chance(<10%) that a meteor will stun the affected units for 0.2 seconds.

chobibo

Level 1 Crypt Lord
Reaction score
Incinerate
AoE, DoT spell; when casted, the affected area will be ignited, all enemies inside the area will have thier hitpoints reduced by x% but if the fire elemental enters the area, his hitpoints will be regenerated by x%.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.