Spell ignoring cd?

nabbig2

Reaction score
I have this move that basically casts Avatar, and it usually works fine. However, when the hero casts the move on himself, the cooldown is completely ignored and set back to 0. I have 1 trigger for each level, just with increasing the duration.

Code:
shamanistic rage
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Shamanistic Rage 
        (Level of Shamanistic Rage  for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1
    Actions
        Set avatartarget = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Unit - Add Avatar 2 to avatartarget
        Unit - Set level of Avatar 2 for avatartarget to (Level of Shamanistic Rage  for (Casting unit))
        Unit - Order avatartarget to Human Mountain King - Activate Avatar
        Unit - Pause (Casting unit)
        Unit - Unpause (Casting unit)
        Wait 6.00 game-time seconds
        Unit - Remove Avatar 2 from avatartarget

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I don't see the point of your trigger at all, why not just let "shamanistic rage" be based off of avatar?

nabbig2

Reaction score
The hero can cast it on other units as well. In that case, it works fine, but not on himself.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Why do you pause the caster then unpause? Remove that its useless.

Edit* Also change casting unit, to Triggering unit.

nabbig2

Reaction score
The pause/unpause was just being used to see if it would help. Anyway, keeping or removing them doesn't do anything, but I removed them as you advised.

I changed casting to triggering unit, still no difference.

Happy

Reaction score
what about triggering that if the target is the caster order him to stop and create a dummy with the same spell who casts it on the caster....like you said casting on others works...so why you dont use this way?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I think it's because it never actually get to cast the ability, and it should work if you add a 0 second wait, since what your doing is ordering it to do something else as soon as it casts it, which may stop it from actually casting it

nabbig2

Reaction score
what about triggering that if the target is the caster order him to stop and create a dummy with the same spell who casts it on the caster....like you said casting on others works...so why you dont use this way?

Slapshot I tried what you said, but unfortunately it still makes no difference.

I guess I can go with what Happy said, but does anybody know what in the world is causing this?

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
You could also just custom make Avatar by adding Spell Immunity, Armor Bonus, Life Bonus, and Damage Bonus to a spell book and add it to the target. :\

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.