Spell Recovery.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
When a unit casts a spell. Is there anyway to modify the speed in which the casting unit recovers.

My hero stands there for a good few seconds after pretty much every ability. All though, during this time, I can order the hero to attack, and he will.

EDIT: Triggers are pretty much a no go here. As I'd like the AI to think for itself, rather than just picking a random unit and ordering the hero to attack it. (But this does break the recovery time)

merlinds

Reaction score
yes, is the cast backswing. Is only an animation that can be interrupted without affecting the skill.
you have to edit it for the unit, in the objects editor you have to edit 2 fields:
I give you the raw data since my editor is in spanish:
1 : "castbsw" set it to 0.001
2: "castpt" set it to 0.001

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Art - Animation - Cast Backswing &
Art - Animation - Cast Point.

Technically, both should be set to 0 for instant casting.

merlinds

Reaction score
yes your right, but i`m very careful with the zero, because some times it work weird, that`s why i use 0.001.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Ok, that kinda works...

However, it seems to be interupting one of my spells.

Trigger:
  • Blinding Light
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blinding Light
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.01 seconds (IT ISN'T THIS AS IT'S IN ALL MY ABILITIES)
      • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Unit_Hero, 103)
      • Set Point_AbilityBlindingLight = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Blinding Light for Player 1 (Red) at Point_AbilityBlindingLight facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Unit_DummyBL[3] = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to Unit_DummyBL[3]
      • Unit - Add See to Unit_DummyBL[3]
      • Unit - Order Unit_DummyBL[3] to Orc Far Seer - Far Sight Point_AbilityBlindingLight
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Point_AbilityBlindingLight using Special Effect RayBlast.mdx
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Sound - Stop LightningShieldTarget <gen> After fading
      • Sound - Play LightningShieldTarget <gen>
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Point_AbilityBlindingLight using Objects\Spawnmodels\Undead\UDeathMedium\UDeath.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Point_AbilityBlindingLight using Units\NightElf\Wisp\WispExplode.mdl
      • Wait 0.40 seconds
      • Set TempUnitGroup[1] = (Units within 400.00 of Point_AbilityBlindingLight matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempUnitGroup[1] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause Unit_Hero to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Real((Intelligence of Unit_Hero (Include bonuses)))) x (Real(Integer_AbilityLightDamage))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup ( udg_TempUnitGroup[1] )
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Point_AbilityBlindingLight using Special Effect TheHolyBomb.mdx
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Point_AbilityBlindingLight using Units\NightElf\Wisp\WispExplode.mdl
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Blinding Light for Player 1 (Red) at Point_AbilityBlindingLight facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Unit_DummyBL[1] = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to Unit_DummyBL[1]
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Blinding Light for Neutral Hostile at Point_AbilityBlindingLight facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Unit_DummyBL[2] = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to Unit_DummyBL[2]
      • Unit - Add Miss Chance to Unit_DummyBL[1]
      • Unit - Set level of Miss Chance for Unit_DummyBL[1] to (Level of Blinding Light for Unit_Hero)
      • Unit - Order Unit_DummyBL[1] to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Drunken Haze Unit_DummyBL[2]
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_Point_AbilityBlindingLight )
      • Animation - Reset Unit_Hero's animation

untitled-7.jpg

The spell never casts. but when I reset it back to normal it did.

Very strange, all my other spells work fine ><

merlinds

Reaction score
after what modification did it stop working? because when the thread starts the ability works fine! you just changed the cast backswing?

I see you use begins casting an ability, remember that this is the moment when the unit start casting it.
And now you have setted the casting backswingm this moment is almost the same that "start the effect of an ability" so this may have broken your trigger.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure whats happening, as all my other skills are set up pretty much the same.

EDIT: Fixed. Was follow through time.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
The cast backswing is in the unit not the spell

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Why are you using the wait? You should use Starts the effect of an ability without the wait.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
but its not when he finishes casting, its when he starts, he adds an animation to the unit

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Why are you using the wait? You should use Starts the effect of an ability without the wait.

Without the wait 0.01 seconds. The animation never plays, I have still not figured that out...

Why did I have to do an Image Verification to reply? :mad:

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Ah. But why can't you assign the animation to go with the ability instead of triggering it?

merlinds

Reaction score
mm if your event is "a unit begins casting an ability" and instatly you put an animation order in the trigger, the animation will be orderd before the unit start the effect of the ability, so if the ability gives the unit some order it will cancel the animation you ordered in the trigger.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.