Spell Request (Wind Walk Caster)

Junior123

Reaction score
I try to make a spell, which grants the abilty to "go through" units like Wind Walk. There is a similiar spell in DotA, I think, but the problem is that everytime the person, who has the abilty activated, casts a spell or uses a item, the ability would vanish like WW.
And it would take to much effort to create an completely new spell now.
Therefore I tried to make it with triggers, but I failed..

Is it possible to code a spell with a dynamic duration? Upon activation a buff with the effect should be placed on the hero and a dummy unit should be summoned. This dummy unit check every 0,15s, whether the hero still has the buff or not. If not, the dummy unit cast a new buff with the rest duration on it.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
If it's just a Phase spell, like Phase boots from Dota, then it's an extremely simple spell.

However, I don't get what you mean by "dynamic duration". Could you explain again what you mean by this:

Upon activation a buff with the effect should be placed on the hero and a dummy unit should be summoned. This dummy unit check every 0,15s, whether the hero still has the buff or not. If not, the dummy unit cast a new buff with the rest duration on it.

Junior123

Reaction score
If you use a spell/item, the WW buff will disappear. That is my problem. The buff shouldn´t disappear.

Example (I don´t want this): Hero activate it. WW-buff will be placed for 5s. Hero uses a skill after 2s. WW-buff disappear.

Example (I want this): Hero activate it. WW-buff will be placed for 5s. Hero uses a skill after 2s. WW-buff disappear. A new buff with 3s duration is placed on the hero.

Junior123

Reaction score
Is this really the collision just for units oO? The hero shouldn´t be able to go through buildings. But if you are right: Thank you, I will test directly.

Dirac

Reaction score
collision dosnt work, it grants the ability to walk through cliffs.

Add the ability Ghost "agho" to the unit, it gains ww without invis

Jinxx

Reaction score
collision dosnt work, it grants the ability to walk through cliffs.

Or just use a Wind Walk with a high transition time (~150 seconds, I think this is how the Phase Boots from DotA work). :thup:

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score

that ability allows other units to walk through Ghost unit ( unit who has Ghost ability) but DOES NOT allow Ghost unit to walk through other units
----
for the dynamic duration, you can let the duration of WW to 0 (it's infinite) and use a timer to remove the buff.

Junior123

Reaction score
This sounds really simple, but doesn´t Wind Walk still interrupt when you use a skill? That is my main problem.

Sjaakje

Reaction score
You could give wind walk the Slow Aura (tornado) buff so it doesn't have a buff and then make a trigger to every 0.20 seconds add your buff to your unit if it doesn't have it currently. That same trigger before adding the buff checks if the unit is doing the wind walk spell and if it doesn't it will force it to cast it again. This trigger is ordered to start when the unit cast the spell. After 5 seconds (or whatever duration you have) it is stopped. Alternatively you could put it all into one trigger with 0.2 waits and some if/then/else checks.

sentrywiz

Reaction score
I try to make a spell, which grants the abilty to "go through" units like Wind Walk. There is a similiar spell in DotA, I think, but the problem is that everytime the person, who has the abilty activated, casts a spell or uses a item, the ability would vanish like WW.
And it would take to much effort to create an completely new spell now.
Therefore I tried to make it with triggers, but I failed..

Is it possible to code a spell with a dynamic duration? Upon activation a buff with the effect should be placed on the hero and a dummy unit should be summoned. This dummy unit check every 0,15s, whether the hero still has the buff or not. If not, the dummy unit cast a new buff with the rest duration on it.

But WHEN if at all you need the unit to exit wind walk? Attack? Spell cast? Specific time?

Crazy_Dead gave you anti-collision answer. You can put that inside the triggers.

You can make like Tom Kazansky said, put 0 in duration of wind walk and apply through triggers to check for buffs.

Like if the unit would attack or cast a spell, and it has a wind walk buff you can:

1. order it to stop
2. move it somewhere else
3. make it "recast" windwalk

I don't know what your spell really does. Is it permanent invisibility? There is already a spell like that if you need it. Its in Specials.

More details!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.