[Spell Shield]: What works/doesn't work?

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
The item that every 35 seconds blocks an incoming spell attack, what spells work on it, and what doesn't work? And is there a way to change what it works on?

I've noticed, like some AoE attacks don't work, and some normal abilities don't work, people with "Piercing" attacks trigger it for some reason as well.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Spells that target units are blocked. Examples: Stormbolt, Firebolt, Slow, Polymorph, Shadow Strike, etc.

Not sure if you can change it, or how.

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Spells that target units are blocked. Examples: Stormbolt, Firebolt, Slow, Polymorph, Shadow Strike, etc.

Not sure if you can change it, or how.

Oh ok, what about the whole blocking a piercing attack? It ruins boss fights, because a random creep with piercing attack will trigger the shield, then the boss uses a spell and kills everyone pretty much. +Rep

LightChaosma

Reaction score
i dont know anything about this shield, but what you could try is to detect damage type, and if its pierce, reset cooldown

Trithilon-V2

Reaction score
i dont know anything about this shield, but what you could try is to detect damage type, and if its pierce, reset cooldown

How convenient..... you cant detect it that easily.
Btw i never saw piercing attack triggering spell shield.

This might be due to the skills that creep must be having.

Does your creep have any on-attack skill (any buff placing on-attack skill or auto cast orb skill)?
Do you have any trigger in the game which has either of the events
-A unit is attacked or a unit is damaged
followed by a dummy unit casting some spell on the attacked unit.

IF NO...and this happens for all the units having piercing damage....just give ore info about the map with screenies....if possible upload the map.

LightChaosma

Reaction score
could be made easy with custom value, but indeed, you are right about it being hard.

but is it realy the damage type? have you tried turning it to seige, and check if it would still cause the shield to fire? because if it does, it doent have anything to do with damage type, but something to do with the unit....

Trithilon-V2

Reaction score
Dude....did that solve ur problem?
I tested it throughly....and peircing attack didnt trigger my spell sheild item.
Btw you could set the point value of the unit to a particular value for all the units that have peircing attack.

Verrak

Reaction score
The spell shield should only block direct spells (Stormbolt, banish, deathcoil)
If the spell has 2 parts Via triggers Like Stormbolt + acid bomb, then it only blocks one of them.

Now what your refering to might be Bash...the spellshield does block the mini stun of bash, even if its .01 seconds. If you ever played dota, the sharpshooters head shot is the skill bash, and it will trigger linkens Orb (which is a spellshield)

Aoes like warstomp/thunderclap are not blocked. you would need a trigger to implent those.

Piercing attacks do not trigger it, but percing attack with bash attached to it, Do trigger it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.