Spells - Channel

B

Blackzabbith

in the data base order id section do you have to keep the channel base order id for it to work in the triggers?

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
Blackzabbith said:
in the data base order id section do you have to keep the channel base order id for it to work in the triggers?
No, you just have to compare the order ID with what you set on Channel.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I'm having an issue with channel, i've looked at every post in this thread and I haven't found an answer. I have my guy casting but when the targeted unit dies he is ment to stop but for some reason he doesn't. I've tried useing the
Code:
Unit - Order Unit to Stop
but it doesn't work. I've also tried stuning him with a spell but it doesn't stop. Just for reference, I have "Disable Other Ablilities" set to False.

Prometheus

Reaction score
I just need to know if there is a way to make your guy stop casting, you really don't need to know the trigger, just know that ordering him to stop or stuning him doesn't work.

O

Odin845

XXXconanXXX said:
Introduction

Buffs: In the Buff Editor, you can make a new buff for Channel. Buffs show up on the unit under 'Status' when you select them, and have a small icon and a description of the effect they are under.

I tried to do this with channel. but it didn't work, no icon shows up in status.

21ToWin

Reaction score
Nice tutorial but I have a problem still. Im trying to make a icon that does nothing. The only use for it is to set off trigers when it is clicked. My problem is that it wont show up on my unit. Is the 'visible' box not checked by default beacus idk were to find it... maybe im just blind...

Prometheus

Reaction score
In the ability editing.
look for
Data - Options
you can check more then one thing, just check visible as I have no idea what the other ones do.

21ToWin

Reaction score
There is no Data part for me... Goes from Art, Sound, Stats, Techtree, Ststs, Level...

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
Guess noone found a way to make artwork work properly with this spell...

Prometheus

Reaction score
Set the follow through time and make sure you have the right models set.

S

suncowiam

I'm trying to add a lightning effect between the caster and target but it's not showing up.

Anyone have an ideas?

Thanx

Prometheus

Reaction score
Trigger it
This spell was ment to just be a dummy spell with a wealth of options.

S

suncowiam

The problem with triggering a lightning spell is that I would have to create it manually. This requires the function AddLightning(Ex). This function takes coordinates as inputs and not the units so the lightning does not attach to the actual units. The reason I ask this is because I would like lightning to attach to the unit. For example, when a unit casts drain life on another unit, his lightning is attached to that target. This means that if the target moves around then the lightning will move with the unit.

Also, the reason I don't use Drain Life as my new channel spell is because it has a requirement that the target unit be an enemy.

So... Would anyone know how to create a channel lightning spell that attaches to two units and has no requirements on the target unit?

Thanx

S

suncowiam

Thanx for the suggestion but I've tried the move lightning. The only thing I don't like is that it's jerky unless I set my timer to a small period to refresh the movelightning. Also, the shorter the timer period, then the more CPU is involved and this could lag the game. I was hoping for something similar to drain life where it seemed to be optimized already.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.