Spells ID (Text Order String)

I

IKilledKEnny

Hi, could anyone explain me this? I don't understand what it does, but I do believe it's important. Thanks a lot!

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
well the spell IDs are important in case u use 2 things(that i know at least...):
1)in case of using triggers u would be using it in Jass or in custom scripts
2) if u have seen some of blizzards spell u can see in the texts things like <AHbz:DataA1> well this takes the data u have give in ur ability and in order to put it u must know the raw name of the Data and the ability ID.

hope i solved ur problem :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We are still looking for Jassers"

I

IKilledKEnny

So the only thing it does it just makes spells not get in the way of each other when a unit got 2 spells based on the same 1?

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
that i think is order string......
or if it's for spell book than i think it distrupts...

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
SpellId =! orderstring/orderId (not the same)

SpellId is the 4 first digits of the rawcode (Ctrl+D).
orderstring is the string to order a unit to perform an action. (Especially Trigger Editor)

orderId is the 6 numbers used to perform an action via <blabla>OrderById.

You should look for Sooda's Tutorials to get more infos.

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=385497

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> orderstring is the 4 first digits of the rawcode
That would be the ability id (rawcode).

orderstring and orderID are almost the same, one is alphabetic and the other one is numeric expression of an order.
Every time you make a unit do something (drop an item, attack, move, cast a spell etc.) you are giving him some order. That order can be displayed as a number (orderID) or as a string (orderstring). Now if one unit has two spells with the same orderID/string (duplicating a spell will make the new one keep the original's orderID) casting either of them will result in him trying to do both at the same time...which is impossible and only one is cast (usually the first).
Some abilities can change their orderstring so that you may have several at the same time. These are Spellbook, Channel and Charge Gold and Lumber.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.