Spells - Making a DotA like Omnislash

Z

Zekareisouji

Oh i c, the script actually allow the caster to attack normally (I dun c any PauseUnit in the script), that's how he manage to get a real attack while slashing?
What about the attack type and damage type?

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
> that's how he manage to get a real attack while slashing?

Yes.

> What about the attack type and damage type?

Attack types determine more or less how much of the damage's damage
will be dealt to the target, to be vague.

Remember that fortified armour takes extra damage from "Siege" type attacks,
Hero armour reduces damage from most attack types, large armour takes extra
damage from "Magic" types, etc, etc ...

I actually don't know too much about Damage Types, so I'm not going to explain anything there.

Z

Zekareisouji

Er... Actually im not asking about that basic stuff, but nvm since you dunno... Cos once I use ATTACK_TYPE_HERO and DAMAGE_TYPE_MELEE, I get a physical normal attack, but another time I use ATTACK_TYPE_CHAOS and DAMAGE_TYPE_UNIVERSAL I get an exact damage.

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
> another time I use ATTACK_TYPE_CHAOS and DAMAGE_TYPE_UNIVERSAL I get an exact damage

That sounds about right.
"Chaos" does full damage to all armor types.
"Universal" I think is used for ultimates, so it can damage some types of "immune" units.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
It bothers me a bit that thread name is "DotA like Omnislash". The ability itself comes from Final Fantasy VII PlayStation One game. Basically please mention original idea is taken from Final Fantasy VII. I would be really thankful for that.

NetherHawk

Reaction score
@tinki3, i would like to ask something, would it be possible to create an illusion of the juggernaut with 100% damage and ask it to attack den remove it instead? i think jugg can score critcals while carrying out omnislash. or can u boost jugg's AS by 400% and realli ask him to attack those targets.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Nice tutorial, but it has one sort of bugg. If the unit dies while your doing omnislash and there is no new unit nearby, he will stop the omnislash (ofcourse) but then as soon as you get within range of a unit again (could be 5 seconds later...) he continiues where he left out... How do you prevent this?

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
> How do you prevent this?

Add in a custom script line exactly like the one in red, below.
Note that it must be in the same place as shown in this trigger in order to work.
That is, in the "Else" part of the "If-then-Else" statement located inside the loop.

Code:
Omnislash
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Omnislash 
    Actions
        Set o = (Triggering unit)
        Set t = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Set tl = (Position of t)
        If ((Level of Omnislash  for o) Equal to 1) then do (Set loops = 2) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Level of Omnislash  for o) Equal to 2) then do (Set loops = 4) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Level of Omnislash  for o) Equal to 3) then do (Set loops = 7) else do (Do nothing)
        Unit - Make o Invulnerable
        Animation - Change o's vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 50.00% transparency
        Selection - Remove o from selection
        Unit - Move o instantly to tl
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_tl)
        Animation - Play o's attack animation
        Unit - Cause o to damage t, dealing (Random real number between 150.00 and 250.00) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of o using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkCaster.mdl
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to loops, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Wait 0.30 game-time seconds
                Set o_current_loc = (Position of o)
                Set EG[1] = (Units within 600.00 of o_current_loc matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Not equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of o)) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is A flying 
                Set EG[2] = (Random 1 units from EG[1])
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_o_current_loc)
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Number of units in EG[1]) Greater than 0
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit Group - Pick every unit in EG[2] and do (Actions)
                            Loop - Actions
                                Set p = (Picked unit)
                                Set pl = (Position of p)
                                Selection - Remove o from selection
                                Unit - Move o instantly to pl
                                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_pl)
                                Animation - Play o's attack animation
                                Unit - Cause o to damage p, dealing (Random real number between 150.00 and 250.00) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
                                Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of o using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkCaster.mdl
                                Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_EG[1])
                        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_EG[2])
                    Else - Actions
                        [COLOR="Red"]Custom script:   set bj_forLoopAIndex = bj_forLoopAIndexEnd + 1[/COLOR]
                        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_EG[1])
                        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_EG[2])
                        Selection - Add o to selection for (Owner of o)
                        Animation - Change o's vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
                        Unit - Make o Vulnerable
        Selection - Add o to selection for (Owner of o)
        Animation - Change o's vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
        Unit - Make o Vulnerable

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
what variable type should be (P) and (PL) (variables)

Code:
Set p = (Picked [B]unit[/B])
Set pl = ([B]Position[/B] of p)
Simply judged by what they are set to, p is a unit and pl is a point.

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Whoa quite an old thread.. But doesn't dota's Omnislash works with splash and critical strike?

GameOver[GR]

Reaction score
Stun Problem

What to edit from object editor (for omnislash) to make stun 0.01 secs ?:(

Hey my omnislash is not working !! i press my omnislash on an enemy creep and then it stuns (lower than 1 second)
without damage or something special !!

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Actually, the new omnislash is creating the same dummy Hero (with locust and invun), set its level to the same as the caster and create items to the same as the caster and the skills and skill levels..

Simple really ^_^..

About double slash (if it still does exist), it is also VERY possible..

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Thats kind of stupid, recreating the hero. What you do is move them to the enemy, have them attack and repeat. That way it includes crit and stuff.

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
There's no such thing as creating a new unit in Omnislash...
Just teleportation + Triggered damage + Order for attack + Hope for getting a second hit.

Anti-krazy

Reaction score
Hi guys im a brand new member here and i have a question with the omnislash

when i activate it and use it. Its very different.

like if i kill 1 unit it teleports to another (duh) then it hits the other person but when it teleports to another unit it doesnt hit him and teleports again to another unit but the slashes i requested were 3

L

Lanan

+rep!
A nice spell and the tutorial explained things properly.
+I managed to make it work.
Cheers!

Fluffball

Reaction score
Wow, thanks Tinki3, great spell, got me onto kindof advanced triggers.

Would you mind me making the one with the items and splash and all that, then posting it? Will give you main credits though.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> the items and splash and all that

You mean if you have Battle Fury then you will splash or if you have Buriza then you will have Critical Strike? It's not possible. Not even in DotA. Sometimes you may see Critical Strike during Omnislash but those only occur based off luck and speed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.