If i wanted this to use the hero's current damage i would do the following
  • Give the hero 500 attack speed
  • Silence the hero
  • Make the the hero attack the current target
  • Make the hero jump once he deals damage
It would require a damage system but it would be incredibly easy

Blood_Wraith

Reaction score
Okay, okay. I'll just use this for now until I know how to calculate a unit's base damage.

Trigger:
  • Unit - Cause o to damage p, dealing ((Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 10.00) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal

Dirac

Reaction score
There's no way to calculate the unit's base damage, even if you get an approximate it would still be missing the bonus from items/abilities and on-hit effects such as orbs, cirts, bashes, etc.
If you use NewGen i can code you an omnislash spell that uses the unit's attack, it would require you to create an ability for the attack speed bonus though

Blood_Wraith

Reaction score
Eh... that's okay. Could you point me to a tutorial that at least tells me how to calculate a Unit's base damage? I'm sure there's a custom script that's not too hard to do, or whatever.

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
You can do it, just like I've said some posts earlier. That's the way I'm using in my map to calculate the attack damage or the bonus attack damage of heroes.

Each hero has a struct instance attached to its unit type, and it stores all the necessary stats (such as base armor, base damage, damage per level, attack speed, and so forth). All the bonuses from abilities, items, buffs, debuffs are triggered using Status, therefore I just have to sum the returned value of two functions to get the current values. It's easy, but you really have to reinvent certain things in WC3.

Blood_Wraith

Reaction score
You can do it, just like I've said some posts earlier. That's the way I'm using in my map to calculate the attack damage or the bonus attack damage of heroes.

Each hero has a struct instance attached to its unit type, and it stores all the necessary stats (such as base armor, base damage, damage per level, attack speed, and so forth). All the bonuses from abilities, items, buffs, debuffs are triggered using Status, therefore I just have to sum the returned value of two functions to get the current values. It's easy, but you really have to reinvent certain things in WC3.

What he said. Are you gonna give me a link to a tutorial like that or just keep repeating yourself? Or you could give me an example here.

Blood_Wraith

Reaction score
I'm sorry, this is all very confusing to me, I was hoping you'd give me an example trigger or something obvious. If all else fails: screw it, I'll just be lazy and use Hero Strength X 10 as the value, or whatever.

Mr. Reez

Reaction score
Thank you for the tutorial, extremely helpful and detailed, I learned a lot from it! I was wondering thought if one can show a trail instead of "blink".

xAerox

Reaction score
Edited = i got now 1 things that make my skills fail..
1) I have no CD for the skill eventhough i set the CD.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.