Code:
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Hellfire 
    Actions
        Set CasterNova = (Triggering unit)
        Set NovaReal = 0.00
        Set NovaLoc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Dummycaster for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at NovaLoc facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Turn collision for (Last created unit) Off
                Unit - Add Hellfire (dummy)  to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Set level of Hellfire (dummy)  for (Last created unit) to (Level of Hellfire  for (Triggering unit))
                Set NovaLocOffset[(Integer A)] = (NovaLoc offset by 700.00 towards NovaReal degrees)
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave NovaLocOffset[(Integer A)]
                Set NovaReal = (NovaReal + (360.00 / 8.00))
                Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_NovaLocOffset[bj_forLoopAIndex])
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_NovaLoc)

Sorry if this topic is too old to be revived, but since I was following this guide, I figure I should post it in here.

Julian4life

Reaction score
Can you guys figure out a war stomp type nova.

EXECPT, instead of multiple war stomps all over, have just one war stomp that has an animation that has, say... a 1000 distance?

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
@Julian4life
- I never said it was a requirement that all skills in the nova should be the same. You could also use war stomp on the nearer distance, thunder clap on the medial distance, and Detonate in the further distance.

@Megika
- Make sure that your dummy spell is based on shockwave.. If not, then change the field *Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave* to the skill your dummy is based on. For example, if the dummy is based on impale, then change it to "Undead Crypt Lord - Impale". If it is based on carrion swarm, then change it as well !

-Make sure the casting range is at 99999, no mana cost, no cooldown, and that the target allowed is present.. (this usually only works on enemies if it is a negative type ability)

G

Golemauge

U Mentioned POison nova in ur tutorial, can u do a trigger for it? by the way, i alrdy did the aoe impale spell succesfully, so the guide is rly helpful, but the important thing for me is the poison nova like it is in dota, you know? i tried alrdy many possibilitys but nothing worked. its something about dummys are the bullets and they are moving, dunno exactly. So would be nice if someone can help me

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
U Mentioned POison nova in ur tutorial, can u do a trigger for it? by the way, i alrdy did the aoe impale spell succesfully, so the guide is rly helpful, but the important thing for me is the poison nova like it is in dota, you know? i tried alrdy many possibilitys but nothing worked. its something about dummys are the bullets and they are moving, dunno exactly. So would be nice if someone can help me

It's something like this, I'm really unsure since I'm too lazy to check:

Trigger:
  • Poison Nova Setup
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to <spell>
      • Boolean Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Set UnitGroup[99] = (Units in (Current camera bounds)
      • Unit Group - Remove all units in UnitGroup[99]
      • Set CasLoc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Real[99] = 0.00
      • Set CasterVariable = (Casting unit)
      • Set Boolean[1] = True
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set CasLocOffset = (FrostOrbCasLoc offset by 190.00 towards Real[1] degrees)
          • Unit - Create 1 <dummy unit as missile> for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at CasLocOffset facing Real[1]
          • Unit - Turn collision for (Last created unit) Off
          • Set DummyUnit[(Integer A)] = (Last created unit)
          • Set Real[99] = (Real[99] + (360.00 / 5.00))
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_CasLoc)

Trigger:
  • Poison Nova Effects
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • Boolean Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Real[99] = 0.00
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Point[Integer A] = (Position of DummyUnit[IntegerA])
          • Set PointOffset[Integer A] = (Point[Integer A] offset by 23.00 towards Real[99] degrees)
          • Set Real[Integer A] = (Real[Integer A] + 23.00)
          • Unit - Move DummyUnit[Integer A] instantly to PointOffset[IntegerA], facing Real[1] degrees
          • Set UnitGroup[Integer A] = (Units within 200.00 of PointOffset[Integer A] matching ((((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Not equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Not equal to True))) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup[Integer A] and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 <dummy unit as caster> for (Owner of CasterVariable) at PointOffset[Integer A] facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add <your dummy ability> to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Set level of <your dummy ability> for (Last created unit) to (Level of <your ability - Poison Nova> for CasterVariable)
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Alchemist - Acid Bomb (Picked Unit)
              • Unit - Add a 11.00 second Generic expiration timer for (Last created unit)
              • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to UnitGroup[99]
              • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_UnitGroup[bj_forLoopAIndex])
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[bj_forLoopAIndex])
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_PointOffset[bj_forLoopAIndex])
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • Real[Integer A] Greater than or equal to 750.00
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Kill Unit[Integer A]
                  • Set Boolean = False
                  • Unit Group - Remove all units from UnitGroup[99]
                  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_UnitGroup[99])
                • Else - Actions

You should remember that you dummy unit must die AFTER the effects of the Poison is done (the dps). If not, the kill is not recorded as yours but to an unknown player. This is an essential to triggers that has conditions regarding a player killing units and also it interferes with the bounty.

If this works, please do tell..

G

Golemauge

It doesnt work, when i want to activate the 2nd Trigger, this message pops up
call RemoveLocation(udg_PointOffset[bj_forLoopAIndex]):banghead:
Its a script error, the world editor tells me. Maybe ucan make this in a Map? I dont know what is wrong, you or me, just this many things confuse me a bit.
btw i tried it on my map, i mean not the full trigger, only since Unit - Create 1 <dummy unit as caster> for (Owner of CasterVariable) at PointOffset[Integer A]
And my whole wc3 crashed i had to restart my computer, so it would be very nice if you make it on a map and upload it.

EDITH SAYS: My problems are solved, you dont need to do sth for me, but ty for the other stuff)))

G

Golemauge

Ok the 360° thing is done, but can you show me how to make a nova like a breath? i mean an angle which is always in front of the caster, i heard something about AngleBetweenPoints but i dunno which points to use there.
I tried but failed many times, hopefully there is an solution ty so far

FireMaster

Reaction score
This tutorial helped me too much and, accindentally:nuts:, I discovered how use this whit spells whit "Area of Target".:eek:

FireMaster

Reaction score
Ok the 360° thing is done, but can you show me how to make a nova like a breath? i mean an angle which is always in front of the caster, i heard something about AngleBetweenPoints but i dunno which points to use there.
I tried but failed many times, hopefully there is an solution ty so far

Trigger:
  • Massive Impale
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Massive Impale
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Real = (Facing of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Breath_Angle = Real
      • Set CasLoc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of Caster) at CasLoc facing default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Turn collision for (Last created unit) Off
          • Unit - Add Massive Impale (Dummy) to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Massive Impale (Dummy) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Massive Impale (Hero) for (Triggering unit))
          • Set LocOffset[(Integer A)] = (CasLoc offset by 400.00 towards Real degrees)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale LocOffset[(Integer A)]
          • Set Real = (Random number between (Breath_Angle + 45) and (Breath_Angle - 45))
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_LocOffset[bj_forLoopAIndex])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_CasLoc)

Something like that.

xy4kuz4x

Reaction score
funny, but I can't follow your Massive Impale example (linear nova spell) although I've follow all of your example.

the massive impale always become a weird impale.

when I cast massive impale (hero) to east then the dummy impale always be casted on west....

HELP PLZ...

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Just curious, What is "real" variable suppose to do?
A real variable (in wc3) is any number with a decimal.

EX:

Also, angles and distances in wc3 are innately real values, not integers, because they often contain decimals.

KoJi

Reaction score
Problem

LINE NOVA SPELLS, I done the trigger i test the skill n when i cast it my war3 hang. Why?

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
You'll have to post your triggers or your map, or we can't find what's wrong.

KoJi

Reaction score
Untitled.jpgUntitled1.jpg

Dummy unit = 1

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.