Snippet Spinning Attachment Tool

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
Sure attachment systems look great but the screenshot you posted in the post before Andrewgosu looks like a spell :p

You should at least add something where it can find the attachments current location(s) and put it in some global variable or something so it can be used in another trigger

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
>>screenshot you posted in the post before Andrewgosu looks like a spell
Yeah, it is a spell.

>>The point is these should be coded to specific purposes, not made into generic systems.
This is snippet not system. +_+, you can screw it as you like.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
JASS:
//////////////////////////////DO NOT TOUCH BELOW THIS LINE//////////////////////////////////
QFT.

But really, why not name it Spinning Attachment Template then instead, and simplify your code right down, and just let users specify the starting angle...

And NOT provide a library (just a scope, because users shouldn't be using it directly without tailoring anyway) and get rid of all this crap:
JASS:
    static method create takes unit u, string path, integer count, real range, real speed, real height, real size, integer facingstyle, boolean endeffect returns Data
        local Data d = Data.allocate()
        set d.cs = u
        set d.range = range
        set d.rotatespeed = speed * HANDLER_SPEED
        set d.currentangle = 0.
        set d.stop = false
        set d.i = 1
        set d.endeffect = endeffect

I mean, you say it's a snippet, but at the moment it's coded like a system. A "hey look, this system does everything and has way too many parameters but still probably doesn't achieve exactly what you want" system.

Isn't a tutorial more practical? Or a demo map? Or a snippet that is more snippet-like?

Hmmm. A demo map that demonstrates how to do spinning effects... Or hey, you could even demonstrate how to do all kinds of effects... But you'd need to write readable, commented code.

JASS:
private integer array DATA
private integer COUNTER = 0

Please follow convention... These are not constants, "Data" and "Counter" are the correct names for them. :)

kingkingyyk3

Reaction score
I just found your system x100
My system can use dummy created by yourself...

Bump

kingkingyyk3

Reaction score
If you don't want the dummy provided, you can use dummy yourself.(Because I found some effect attached on dummy is not awesome, direct put the effect's model as dummy's model is better)

Gwypaas

hook DoNothing MakeGUIUsersCrash
Reaction score
Now you just said that Caster System and XE fails, that is not true, your system is the one that fails.

kingkingyyk3

Reaction score
You can say anything as you like. The brain is yours, not mine.

Besides, users have their choice. Perhaps my stuffs are not your cup of tea, but you can't take away other's choice.

Gwypaas

hook DoNothing MakeGUIUsersCrash
Reaction score
More like we should help the users that do not know so good to use the best system, not the one they think they might like. And Oasis is really easy to use if you really needs it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.