Minigame Spirit Wars

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Uhm, yeah, Like I had this idea: If you have made a good kill count, feel free to post it here. Note: Also include a screen shot with the ammount of your kills and deaths. There will be a hall of fame, in the first post where the first 5 people will be posted. And.. if this "wall of fame" gets big I will expand it to 7/9/10 people.

Reaction score
Bumpy. I guess nobody would want to play anything "custom" now with the bytecode bug that's scared everyone (true, I'll play only DotA from now on...).
Does this mean this will get abandoned until 1.24 is released? Meh, I'll make a v0.16 with some minor bugfixes on the hotkey stuff but ... if no one is going to play it then I see no point.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well, sure. I am on vacation now (untill monday) and I won't be on. If you can pach up something better then the current terrain that wloud be awesome.

John, it is up to you now =] I will be back on monday arround 2pm our time. cya.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I have a coupple of pretty neat ideas for the next version. They still aren't discussed with Tyrande, but I think that he will like them.

Well... any bug/balance reports ?!

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Bumpy. I guess nobody would want to play anything "custom" now with the bytecode bug that's scared everyone (true, I'll play only DotA from now on...).
Does this mean this will get abandoned until 1.24 is released? Meh, I'll make a v0.16 with some minor bugfixes on the hotkey stuff but ... if no one is going to play it then I see no point.

Bet that 80% of Bnet players don't know about this.
All of the 10 lads I asked said that they neither had problems with it nor did they know it.
I actually deem the danger of this threat quite low.

Reaction score
Well, Blizzard released a B.net update that made custom games safe ONLY in it - google for the article. However, because only B.net restricts execution of such code they'll need to make a patch for Single/Multiplayer and fix all this shit.

EDIT: I'm retiring from this project - if anyone wants to work on it (if Blood also wants that) he can get the open source from him. If there are some things that need to be changed in my posts (when there are updates for game modes and such) you can contact me and give me what to post and I'll do it. I hope this won't get abandoned and continue to grow and become something more.
Why am I doing it? Because I'm tired of working alone on ~5 versions without any help from anybody. I don't wanna say anything else.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Since you put it like that.

Either way, this project is far from dead. And, if anyone wnats to help sure... although I have something else in mind... (evil laugh)

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
:( Why are you retiring.

Anyways,

I am diassapointed with the terrain command! It doesn't even look like snow, a desert, or that other one..... I think you should get rid of it or at least make it look good.

Also, sometimes when I cast a spell it fires twice.... I managed to get 2 Slice Hooks out in 1 cast.

The terraining of the waterfall is still bad.... where is the water coming from? Rocks?

--------------
What do you have in mind? New project?

Reaction score
> I am diassapointed with the terrain command!
Well, yes, that's because it just replaces terrain and since the current one is based exactly on Ashenvale it can't get really good ...

> I managed to get 2 Slice Hooks out in 1 cast.
I've tested it some times and I found that it bugs only on the Shuriken - mostly when you cast it ON a unit and it's far away. I have an idea how to fix it but as I'm not working on this anymore maybe someone who wants to can ask me... Or find a better way. ^^

> What do you have in mind? New project?
Maybe. I started some solo project but I have no "main" idea of it but a lot of things were currently added. If I manage to work out something more special I'd make it a thread or something like that.

Reaction score
OK, this thing probably ain't dead after all.
Expect some new stuff and lots of changes in a lot of aspects... :)

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Yay! Maybe make something like CIS's double click drop (Customizable Item System), you just double right click an item and it goes to the other backpack, or swaps item. Easier. Will the double-cast bug still be there or fixed? I get like 2 meteor booms on 1 cast.

Reaction score
Everything will be fixed, I'm doing almost everything from scratch. Probably a different method will be used for the items and spells sharing cooldown.

Reaction score
v0.16

- New terrain!
- Fixed Glacial Wall from having no hotkey on the normal ability.
- Fixed -addb from making the bot invulnerable the whole time if it was added after 30 seconds of selecting a game mode.
- Fixed some visual glitches that made one and the same texttag appear twice but with a tiny difference in intervals (~ 0.1 second).
- Fixed the life bonus system from working only on one Ghost model - it now supports all 3 of them.
- Added a limit to Shield - 100.
- Blink's range fixed to 750 as it should've been from previous version.
- Improved the "jumping" of the Souls a lot - it now looks like a real jumping.
- Fixed Chain Lightning from having infinite casting range (it's 700 now).
- Lots of code fixes related to improving game performance. *

* Please watch out for this. I've done my best to edit a lot of aspects in the game to improve functionality and performance and rewrote the Item/Spell system from scratch (since sometimes it didn't cast both the item and the spell; it would've been easier if Blizzard didn't have all those bugs...). Although it has been tested many times, nobody knows when some random bug can pop out.

GetTriggerUnit-

DogEntrepreneur
Reaction score
Very good map. But has phew bugs. Like at the end of a round, when you get 10-0 and you restart, you the spell is not added anymore to your spirit. Even if you cast with item, nothing happens

I liked it alot.

IMO, hotkeys sucks.
But you can't do anything really, there's so many spells :(

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Spells like Sheep Strike are way too delayed. Honestly, if you get hit by that, you're retarded. :| (Well, obviously I r skilled ^^ so I still got a lot of kills with it, but that's just me :D)
The freakin meteor is so fast and rigged, :|
Hotkeys are really bad. You had me reaching across the whole keyboard AND mouse, :) An idea, hotkeys are assigned with QWERTY according to order of spell bought. Your first spell would be 'Q', second would be 'W', third would be 'E', etc.

But other than that, it's awesome :D
The addbot is awesome. Terrain commands don't work yet? Spells need balancing around.
Good job, :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.