Minigame Spirit Wars

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Then why do i get the same modle everytime and played 25+ times.

Reaction score
That can't be really possible since I'm pretty sure it gets you a random every time (I also tested in single player just to make sure). Possibly "bad" luck? :p

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
Gametime: 23 minutes
Mode: dmn 20
My score: 20-3

interesting concept, neat spells. (probably for balance reasons but why cant our stats go over 100?) also, why have a shop to buy these stats when you could pretty much collect 100 of each stat in like 3 mins.

Bugs: The AI had some bugs, they were good in the beginning but when they got to their 2nd inventory, they were useless.
(Probably on purpose but i didn't like how my items died when i dropped them O_O)

Suggestions: A better way to use gold? i had a lot and all i could spend it on was stats that wouldn't go over 100.
Add a skill + hotkey for swap inventory, i like to avoid numpad as much as possible.

Also if this wasnt an AI, i would imagine the players trying to escape by running into orbs. since theres a lot, you could pretty much recover all hp in about 7 s if you're lucky,

Use mana for something? xd

overall, its a nice minigame.

EDIT: and yes hotkeys suck. i know theres a lot of spells but Hotkey O? lol. use up all available keys on the left hand side first
sorry if im just repeating other peoples suggestions, i didn't really bother reading the thread.

Reaction score
> use up all available keys on the left hand side first
All available keys ARE used. So basically, we can't add more spells since there won't be hotkeys for them... Use the numpad, it is really easy once you get used to it. :thup:

> Add a skill + hotkey for swap inventory, i like to avoid numpad as much as possible.
We ran out of hotkeys...

> probably for balance reasons but why cant our stats go over 100?
Balance exactly.

> The AI had some bugs, they were good in the beginning but when they got to their 2nd inventory, they were useless.
Is that really a bug? They didn't cast anything or they stopped casting forever?

Thanks for the review, we'll consider the other stuff.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
well, from what i saw, they never switched back to inventory 1, so at a certain point, they only used 1 spell instead of comboing like 4 of them.
(and their blink was extremely annoying XD)

oh and ice wall was really hard to use against ai

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
so, this baisicly means that PC' will be able to carry up to 6 spells at a time. This way it will be balanced, don't you think?

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
huh? i dont mind the ai having 10 spells. although they might be really good, they just dont know how to switch back

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
yes, so the bestest fool proof plan in my opinion is that we give them a standart inventory: less max spells but faster and longer combos ;)

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
huh? i dont mind the ai having 10 spells. although they might be really good, they just dont know how to switch back
There's a good chance you'll die instantly 0_o
If the AI was better, it could use all 10 spells at once and kill you and those around you instantly.

Reaction score
> it could use all 10 spells at once
I've probably screwed something when updating the AI, it should switch inventories and cast all 10 spells whenever possible. More bugs to fix.. ^^

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
There's a good chance you'll die instantly 0_o
If the AI was better, it could use all 10 spells at once and kill you and those around you instantly.

Imagine 11 Ai players doing that... mmm doesn't it sound chaotic and sweet ?

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
After about 20 min of play with one ai my computer started lagging, I think because there were alot of spirits and I couldn't get them fast enough. Fun game though.

Reaction score
> I think because there were alot of spirits
Heh, I thought we added some limit to the number of active souls.

OK, I think it's time I start working seriously on this and finish it once and for all. But will get released when Bloody comes back since I have to consult with him on some things.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
yeah, well while I am away (boredom LTD.. zomg) I found a way to make 29438753948 more spells before having to stop the map. The problem is that it makes a travesty of the "u can make over 4 thousand spell combinations and over 3 million combos"

Period

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Nice Map. I played it for a while and was continuosly owned by the AI. Seems Pretty Balanced, but there were a few power spells especially with the AI. (I know this has already been mentioned but the return glaive thingy was the main one. Once I had six AI cast it on me at once, I lasted 0.01 seconds). Terrain seems good, better than some things I've seen and far better than what I could do. I think you've still left some debug messages in though, twice I got the 'Game(Or something like that) is attempting to access a null variable'. Could you possibly spawn a few more sheild spirits, I found it really hard to recover my sheild after dying three times (From 250 to 195, i got to 220 before an AI won). Overall, great game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.