Spore

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Spore came out today. How is it? I'll tell you when I pick it up. :thup:

Forty

Reaction score
a friend has it, we tested it yesterday. a funny expirience, especially the beginning was nice, but I wouldnt buy it since I think it will become boring with the time. its always the same:

meet another group of monsters
-> kill them or make them your friends

Oninuva

Reaction score
Yeah I hope they add some aspect of Online play in the future besides SporePedia.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
It was great fun at first, but then at the later creature phase and tribal phase, it got rather repetitive, and the civ phase was rather short and simple. But the space stage makes up for it, it becomes a whole different game with many pros and cons. There is a lot room for improvement, but the game is still really, really good.

Oninuva

Reaction score
What do you think of the replay value? From personal experiences EA games don't have much of that.

Cornface

Reaction score
I think it has good replay value, especially if they fix some issues the game has. You can play the game many different ways, and with many different creatures.

Oninuva

Reaction score
Oh I read some reviews and some of them say that after the first run through, everything is basically the same except your creature. Could you share some of these "issues".

Cornface

Reaction score
It is rather hard to explain when you haven't played the game, but I will try my best.

Here is the biggest one in the space stage
-Incidents in many various forms can happen on your planets and on allies planet, if you are half way cross the universe, they still call you to help them. And this happens, a lot. If you are unlucky you could get these emergency calls once per minute. And you cant ignore them either, I think. They will destroy the eco-system on the planet and will ruin them sooner or later.

-Another one in the space stage is once you have finished the game your scroll button will probably be broken. You will have to use it, a lot.

-Also, in late space stage, when your empire is huge and you have lots of colonies (which produce spices, which can be sold for lots of gold) you will have problem collecting these spices. You have to travel to each planet separately too collect the spice, and that will be hard to keep track of once your empire is getting bigger.

Another issue (at least for me) was the simplicity and the length of the civ stage.
-It was extremely short, you can complete it in about 10 minutes if you'd like. And it was really simple too, but maybe you find it funnier.

These are the few things I thought was annoying, I bet you find some of them ain't, but then you will probably find more annoying things. It is still a great game and I will definitively replay it sometime.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Spore is one of the biggest letdowns in my gaming history.
I played through the whole thing, as did my buddy, about 30 minutes after it came out. And all I have to say:

1. I was expecting something more...simlike? It's pretty much 100% planned out, and even on hard, the AI is horrible.
2. It feels like 4 minigames, and 1 even more half assed, buggy minigame.
3. There are like, 6 buildings to build on each mode. In this age of games, at least give us some more variety, right? I mean, cool, you can make them look how you want, but come on Maxis...
4. On top of that, you can only place them in certain, pre-determined areas. Okay, cool. But give us more room, come on. ;P
5. Even on hard, get the max room for your Group, and some body part with rank 4 Strike, and you can own any tribe on any difficultly with little to no deaths.

I've waited months for this game to come out, and the creature creator is 300x the game Spore is. Sad too, when that was simply a "preview" to spore. :thdown:

Overall: I wouldn't recommend it. The replay value lacks. :thdown:

Cornface

Reaction score
I won't argue back with you DDRtists, I agree with you on some points, but I still like the game. Maybe was it thanks to I had zero expectations at all.

Oninuva

Reaction score
Well i just bought it today. I didn't get to read your replies before purchase but, oh well, I hope they patched.

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
I bought it on Friday (It released in Finland 4th of September)
Fine game, but the space is horrible with those attacks!
Oh, and I have a technical problem. Click meh!

Cornface

Reaction score
I bought it on Friday (It released in Finland 4th of September)
Fine game, but the space is horrible with those attacks!
Oh, and I have a technical problem. Click meh!

Aye, a way to turn of all the eco attacks/pirate raids/enemy raids would be great. It becomes so bloody annoying.

Reaction score
I think I would've liked it more if it had just concentrated on the pre-civilization stages and simplified it less.
Could've been awesome, but now it felt too much like just a toy with half a game built around it.

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
i won't buy it it have had too bad reviews for a game that cost 75 bucks

and even a lifetime achievement. So: nothing to see here, pass along.

im sorry to hear that your kin only lives 7-12 years

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.