Spore

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
Wow, the Earth! I wonder is there any creatures on that planet?

Reaction score
I was eagerly awaiting the release of Spore, but after I heard about the ludicrous DRM I lost all enthusiasm.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I got to space age! It's not as fun as I expected to be; you can only control one ship, "wtf?". Your space ship is so over powered... he can kill a whole planet by himself? when there are like 40 enemy ships shooting at you!!!

I also wish you could still play as if in Civ stage while in space age.. And the game is very slow without cheats, who can afford to sell spice for hours just to get a 100k??

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I also wish you could still play as if in Civ stage while in space age.. And the game is very slow without cheats, who can afford to sell spice for hours just to get a 100k??

Don't worry. Once you got some T3 terraformed pink spice planets with colonies filled with factories your cash starts rolling in. Then you could easily collect millions of sporebucks without problem.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
I think that creating things is more fun than the actual game. But it's still fun to try to get all of those achievements (which you can't do if you use cheats). I think it's a great game :thup:

Knight7770

Reaction score
I haven't, but some dude found it and posted how to get there, never bothered to go there, yet. :)

How to find earth
This is a far better link to a way to find the Earth. I actually found it just now using this video; try it yourself ;)

Some stuff about Earth and its star system:
  • The star system is called Sol
  • All of the planets have yellow spice (at least for me)
  • Jupiter and Saturn can't be colonized, but their moons can
  • The name of the achievement you complete from finding Earth is called Manifest Destiny
  • The terrain on all of the planets is accurate (especially Earth)
  • None of the planets are colonized
  • Earth is at T1, but still needs more life to be stabilized
  • Pluto is not in Sol
  • Neptune and Uranus are not colonizable

Some pictures:
Directions to Sol in one image:
directionstosolwr0.png
The Sol star system:
spore20080914145221mz2.png
~~~~~~~~
You can look at all of my creatures, vehicles, and buildings if you follow the link from my signature. Once you get to the thread, look at the top, under Knight7770's Creations; you should find a link to my Sporepedia page. I will be updating that thread more often now that I have played with Spore enough to have a good opinion about it.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Oh, I'm still trying to find the treasure for the quest..

Knight7770

Reaction score
Oh, I'm still trying to find the treasure for the quest..
What are these treasures and quests of which you speak? You only get Sporebucks for doing missions.

Knight7770

Reaction score
Sorry I meant artifact, it's for the quest when you tell the guy you want to explore the universe.

Btw here is my Sporepedia Page.
Just look for any planet with yellow semi-circle type things coming off of it. You can see them when you enter the star system. The yellow circles can mean there's an artifact or a planet-shaping/coloring tool on the planet, or it's a pirate attack (really easy to defeat). Do some searching ;)

duyen

Reaction score
Finally killed an epic in creature stage - it bugged and wouldn't attack me lol.

Knight7770

Reaction score
Finally killed an epic in creature stage - it bugged and wouldn't attack me lol.
Did you still get the achievement? I'm having some trouble getting that one; I think I need to lure it to my nest.
Right now, I'm working on getting the secret achievements, like Dance with the Devil, Sluggator, Cerberus, Fear of Flying, and others. ;)

duyen

Reaction score
Did you still get the achievement? I'm having some trouble getting that one; I think I need to lure it to my nest.
Right now, I'm working on getting the secret achievements, like Dance with the Devil, Sluggator, Cerberus, Fear of Flying, and others. ;)

Yeah I got the achievement.

This is what I recommend you to do, you will need:

-Speed - Level 4 or 5
-Sprint - Above level 3
-Sneak - Useful for getting away if something goes wrong, but not required
-Spit - The higher level the better
-You must be Omnivore or Herbivore

Step 1. Get an epic that can't fly to follow you.

Step 2. Sprint ahead and run behind a tree with food (if it dosen't have food you'll just starve while attacking it :p) like this:
diagramow7.png

Green = Tree
Blue = You
Red = Epic

Step 3. If the epic just stands there on the opposite side of the tree from you, your good to go. Just spit on him and keep spitting until he dies.
If he's not standing on the opposite tree, repeat steps 2-3.

Yes - this can take awhile, if you would like to speed this up here's what you can do:

You Need:
-Sneak - High level recommended
-Speed - Level 4 or 5

Step 1. Find 2 ground epics, memorize there general location.

Step 2. Go to one of the epics and make it chase you, lure it to the other epic.

Step 3. Once you get to the other epic go into Sneak, the epics will be confused for a moment then will fight each other.

Step 4. Run 10-20 feet away to watch.

Step 5. Let the epics kill each other, then the last epic will only have about 100 health.

Step 6. Go to the earlier stated strategy to kill the last one

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.