General Spy agencies addicted to corporatedata

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
OPINION: Imagine the government passed a law requiring all citizens to carry a tracking device. Such a law would immediately be found unconstitutional. Yet we all carry mobile phones.
If the National Security Agency required us to notify it whenever we made a new friend, the nation would rebel. Yet we notify Facebook.
If the FBI demanded copies of all our conversations and correspondence, it would be laughed at.
Yet we provide copies of our email to Google, Microsoft or whoever our mail host is; we provide copies of our text messages to telecommunication firms; and we provide copies of other conversations to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or whatever other site is hosting them.
The primary business model of the internet is built on mass surveillance, and government intelligence-gathering agencies have become addicted to that data. Understanding how we got here is critical to understanding how we undo the damage.

More: http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digital-living/8996269/Spy-agencies-addicted-to-corporate-data

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont have a phone, dont use twitter, facebook, etc and I use the e-mail service of my university.
Think I am doing pretty well in terms of staying anonymous.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.