stacking buffs

SinFIXX

Reaction score
is there a way to make buffs stack? or maybe a spell stack? say, 1 stack of fury gives you +1 attack speed, while 2 stacks give u 2...and so on...

can i recreate classic buffs from wow? i.e. +stamina, blessings, druid buffs...

need help with spawning creeps. i want them to spawn in 60 sec intervals, alternating east and west entrance points. 5 skeletons and 1 necromancer per wave. i would like to add them to a melee map as neutral hostile. if any unit makes it from east to west(or west to east) with out getting killed, they despawn. any tips?

Sungazer

Reaction score
This thread has good discussion about your first question:

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=142070

Basically, castable spells cannot stack, but auras can. Auras work great if it is supposed to be an always-on, permanent buff.

If it is meant to be castable, with a duration, a possible soultion is to create a spell based off Bloodlust with lots and lots of levels, and just set the move speed to 0% and the attack speed for each level the increment you want it to go up.

I'm out of time, but I'll come back and help you with your second question soon, happy editing!

Edit:

For your second question, you need 3 triggers; one to spawn the creeps, one to detect and remove them when they reach the east and one to detect and remove when they reach west. I tested these, they work, and don't leak.

You need these variables:

unit group variable, east_group, default initial value
unit group variable, west_group, default initial value
boolean variable, east_spawn_turn, set initial value to true
boolean variable, west_spawn_turn, default initial value
integer variable, east_count, default initial value
integer variable, west_count, default initial value

You need these regions:

east spawn <gen> - serves as both the east spawn region and despawn region for west units who make it across
west spawn <gen> - serves as both the west spawn region and despawn region for east units who make it across

Trigger:
  • Spawn
    • Events
      • Time - Every 60.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • east_spawn_turn Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Necromancer for Neutral Hostile at (Center of east spawn &lt;gen&gt;) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Create 5 Skeleton Warrior for Neutral Hostile at (Center of east spawn &lt;gen&gt;) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set east_group = (Units in east spawn &lt;gen&gt; owned by Neutral Hostile)
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in east_group and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of west spawn &lt;gen&gt;)
          • Set east_spawn_turn = False
          • Set west_spawn_turn = True
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Necromancer for Neutral Hostile at (Center of west spawn &lt;gen&gt;) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Create 5 Skeleton Warrior for Neutral Hostile at (Center of west spawn &lt;gen&gt;) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set west_group = (Units in west spawn &lt;gen&gt; owned by Neutral Hostile)
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in west_group and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of east spawn &lt;gen&gt;)
          • Set west_spawn_turn = False
          • Set east_spawn_turn = True

Trigger:
  • West Despawn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters west spawn &lt;gen&gt;
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is in east_group) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
      • Set east_count = (east_count + 1)
        • If - Conditions
          • east_count Equal to 6
        • Then - Actions
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_east_group)
          • Set east_count = 0
        • Else - Actions

Trigger:
  • East Despawn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters east spawn &lt;gen&gt;
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is in west_group) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
      • Set west_count = (west_count + 1)
        • If - Conditions
          • west_count Equal to 6
        • Then - Actions
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_west_group)
          • Set west_count = 0
        • Else - Actions

Let me know if you have any questions, hope I answered what you were asking. Happy editing!

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
If you know Jass you can do this by using some buff system such as ABuff or that Rising_Dusks Buff System together with some bonus system like UnitProperties or BonusMod.

With these you can do exactly what you wanna do, but it requires some Jass knowledge, so you can use those systems properly.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Auras need not be permanent. You can add auras into a spell book and then disable the spell book. Thus, the spell book would be invisible. After the duration, you could either disable the aura inside the spell book or simply remove the spell book.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.