Stacking

S

Senex

I played a starcraft map called Cannon/Sunken Defense where I could move a unit and my screen turned dark and I could build buildings upon others.
Can any1 tell me how to make a map like that and if it is possible in WC3 too?

thx

V

victimchild

I believe that you have to turn off share vision with yourself and other players for whatever player is stacking. It's helpful to have beacons, flags, or different colored terrain to signify dark and light sides. It's important to make sure that you don't turn off the vision for the enemy comps because when you have vision turned off your units don't respond. I'm asumming you know how to stack?

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Right on. You need to turn off vision for you by every single player in the map. Remember that vision trigzors are backwards; If you want player 2 to turn off vision to player 1, you make a player 1 trigger with action 'run ai script: turn OFF shared vision for player 2'. Which is actualy a good thing when making triggers like that.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
WHOA there man. Warcraft 3 has a TOTALLY different system for building placement.

Actualy, I think you can stack buildings in wc3 by giving them a retarted pathing map, like the ones used for flowers, and making them buildable on eachother in the Object Editor.

J

joscpe

You could try changing the pathing map to none and setting the space it takes up (cant remember wut its called) to 0 in the unit editor.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.