Staff Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Obviously any article's Writer B would be set up in advance. Writer A does Sports, but is also interested in RP. Writer B does RP but isn't interested in Sports, but instead, is interested in Movies.

Writer A can fill in for Writer B because his back up is the same as Writer B's primary.
Writer B cannot fill in for Writer A because his secondary is Movies, not Sports, Writer A's primary. Someone else would have to fill in for Writer A.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Obviously any article's Writer B would be set up in advance. Writer A does Sports, but is also interested in RP. Writer B does RP but isn't interested in Sports, but instead, is interested in Movies.

Writer A can fill in for Writer B because his back up is the same as Writer B's primary.
Writer B cannot fill in for Writer A because his secondary is Movies, not Sports, Writer A's primary. Someone else would have to fill in for Writer A.

Edited my comments not seeing you posted. Anyway, I still suggest the Social group.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Simple. Last minuting is no longer a huge option.

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
Are you still looking for a columnist? If so, I can fill that spot.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
All articles this week will go to me, please make sure they are grammar and spelling checked. It will help me out alot. Thanks.

The Deadline for these said articles are due to me by Saturday and anything past Saturday 11:59pm EST will not be accepted unless you have a good excuse.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Changes and New Stuff (New Theme)

This is a public notice and/or letter to most of my staff, well the Prose Staff, not really sure who owns who in the matter. :eek:

With the recent changes and shifts in power, I somehow gained leadership of the Prose of the Week. I know right, like I need anymore power on this site? Any who, you should be expecting some changes in the way things work now. I have received a few private messages about those who are confused with what is going on so I will address each issue individually.

Basic Questions

Is the Prose of the Week going to end?
No! Have I let anyone of you down, well those of you who matter. On a serious note, No, I will be running the Prose of the Week at least for the rest of this month, when my own school year begins, I will most likely be able to maintain leadership of this little operations, because most of the work I do for this is over the weekend.

Are you still looking for an editor?
I am not, thank you for asking, but I found that without other people in the higher up work, I can easily read the articles you send me and get it all put together in about twenty minutes to a half an hour.
However, I am not a master in the ways of the Grammar Nazi, so I wish for those of you to send in your articles to use spell check, and read through your final versions of your submissions it will help me out a lot. :thup:

Okay then, who do I send what to?
Well me of course, there is no one else to sending it to.

Format/Template Changes

The Prose will go through new makeover, I will probably keep the Georgia Font, but the banners will probably be fixed up at little bit.
I may also allow custom titles fonts and banners for your own articles as long as they aren't completely insane. Got that?

Organization Changes?
Mr. Cross was suggesting many things a few weeks ago, one of them was the idea of an alternate system, where if someone were to go absent and reported this, another contributor could take that person place.
At the moment, I am more determined to get more writers on board, before I worry about giving you guys more responsibilities, so that organization change will not occur for now.

As for other things, if we expand, I might create a social group or other ways for us to stay connected and organized with one another. But that is all hopes for the future.

Scheduling Stuff
I would like anyone who releases their articles on a bi-monthly (one article every two weeks) or once a month to please tell me, so I don't think your just slacking off on your writing duties. As I would like to make a basic Schedule or plan for the Prose of the Week, so were all on top of things. :thup:

As for those who are actually slacking off, I will find you. (probably) >:3

That's it for now, I hope that the Prose of the Week continues, and now with Seth Cross and Ninva gone, the Reign of the Miz dynasty has begun, so now then my fellow contributors, reporters and writers. We shall bring grammatical doom upon our readers and the members of TheHelper.net, as our paragraph forces and media ships launch a full assault on the shoreline. We will not leave one person unamused as we bring writing havoc to our enemies and stuff.
Hope to see more of you contribute next week! :p
~ Miz​

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
[PREVIEW] New Theme

Proseweek.png

Weeklyaddress.png

Many of you disliked the theme we had for the Prose, some wanted elegant, some wanted professional and some didn't know what they wanted. So I kind of made this because I wanted to be semi-professional but at the same time make the Prose still fun to do. So making fun of what Ninva said a while back about him wanting the Prose to be like the Newsweek Magazine. I have made Proseweek, it will still be called Prose of the Week, I just wanted to make a parody of Newsweek, so don't mind that.

If you have any suggestions say them here and I will try to incorporate them in.​
Written by Miz​

BlizzardReport.png

World Editor Update
Super-Duper Text Article, that I can just ramble here so you people get the idea! :D Yeah!!!​
Written by Miz​

CreativityReview.png

Roleplaying Update
Super-Duper Text Article, that I can just ramble here so you people get the idea! :D Yeah!!!​
Written by Miz​

Entertainment.png

AnimeRelease.png

Contributions.png

Credits.png

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Now that it's been darkened, it looks a lot better.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
All the Theme banners have been uploaded, though the main banner at the top that says Proseweek is blank with the date.
The date will be like this one;
Proseaug9.png

An alternate small banner for other threads that I felt like making.
Prosebannersmall.png

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
I may also allow custom titles fonts and banners for your own articles as long as they aren't completely insane. Got that?

I'm thinking of my own banner for Anime of the Week. It can never be insane...

The theme's just right. Nice:thup:

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
The Prose for this week will be tomorrow on Labor Day, and we have entries!

So it isn't too late if you still want to send stuff today. I am taking them up to 12:00 PM EST (GMT-5) on Monday (Tomorrow)

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
You're only an hour ahead of me?... cool. Makes my life a little easier. I thought y'all was from like Asia or something thats like 8 or 9 hours ahead and you'd be mad that I didn't get it to you on "Saturday"

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.