Staking spells how to make?

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
how would i go about creating a spell that increases the heros attack speed depending on the % of hit points it has left

also how would i create a spell that is based off cold arrows but the movment speed decrease stacks

also a burning spell that burns a target over time and it stacks if casted on the same unit more than once

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
1. You can use an aura with multiple levels and increase the level of the ability when the hero drops in health.

2. You need a way to count the stacks on a unit, like an integer array with an indexer or a hashtable. Then you can either apply different levels of the buff or you can trigger the movement speed reduction by altering the unit's speed.

3. Same as before.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Bogrim, he could always use the spell Incinerate, then just add the effects of the burning, seems like it would be easier

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
1. You can use an aura with multiple levels and increase the level of the ability when the hero drops in health.

2. You need a way to count the stacks on a unit, like an integer array with an indexer or a hashtable. Then you can either apply different levels of the buff or you can trigger the movement speed reduction by altering the unit's speed.

3. Same as before.

1 so im going to need like 100 lvls?

2.i dont have much of an idea of what yer talking about here

EDIT: another thing how can i make somthing like gloves of hast stack

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
1 so im going to need like 100 lvls?
You could make 10 levels and simply categorize it into 1-10%, 11-20%, etc.

For hashtables / array indexers, I suggest you just search and read up on how to create such triggers. It's a chapter of its own, necessary to create MUI triggers of that kind.

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
The cold arrows are stackable. Look under the spell and you'll see a field that lets you specify what values you want to stack (Movement Speed, Attack Speed, etc.)

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You could make 10 levels and simply categorize it into 1-10%, 11-20%, etc.

For hashtables / array indexers, I suggest you just search and read up on how to create such triggers. It's a chapter of its own, necessary to create MUI triggers of that kind.

i want the attack speed to be right

i know hot to trigger GUI MUI spells but not stacking spells

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
for 1), see the demo map attached below

Attachments

• [Spell] Blood Rave.w3x
    48.9 KB · Views: 179

Ashlebede

Reaction score
BonusMod uses a "binary" way to add abilities which edit a unit's stats. The abilities could be like this :

Code:
1=Claws of Attack +1
2=Claws of Attack +2
3=Claws of Attack +4
4=Claws of Attack +8
5=Claws of Attack +16

And so on, multiplying it every time by 2. Then, BonusMod will add these abilities to any unit you want bonuses applied to. For instance, if you wanted to get +15 atk, you would get this calculation:

Code:
15 = 8+4+2+1

So BonusMod would add the ability of Claws of atk +8, then the one with +4, then the one with +2, and finally the one with +1. It will make a total of +15 atk damage.

This allows to have custom bonuses to a unit's stats without needing percentages. Your atk speed would be easy to trigger that way, though it would require custom script.

Note that the abilities have to be preloaded (though I think BonusMod already does that) and those abilities have to be based on item abilities, such as Gloves of Haste for atk spd.

If you want, I could configure it for you so it uses atk speed and such instead of the default stats.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.