• 3 Adverage

Votes: 8 11.0%

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • 5 Awsome

Votes: 39 53.4%

• Total voters

Dest

Reaction score
The models have to be changed as well... You wouldn't want SC1 crap to be in your SC2-looking map, would you? :p

night_wolveX

Reaction score
Unfortunately i dont have any sc II models to put into my maps project. I cant model and so im stuck with using what models i have atm. I can edited skins which is why i said i would try and add a gold coloured version to the current minerals models but i can make new minerals myself.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
By variation in minerals, I mean they shouldn't all look exactly the same. Try giving them random rotation and size if you don't have different mineral field models.

pioneer8

Reaction score
Hey! Don't listen to these people haha... Just release the multiplayer maps that work online after the patch. Thank you so much!

Just release them please, we havent been able to play them for a longgg time.

Made this account just to tell u, hah

I'd really just appreciate the pure sc1 conversion!

I'm sure your new version will be cool, but we want to play the original version! like the old days. PLease help :(

night_wolveX

Reaction score
Project Update December 09

Hey everyone. Well I thought it was time to bring everyone up to speed on whats been happening with the new updates, that I've been working on for the new maps. October was a big month for the project with alot of my time was spent working on the art side of the maps mainly, but I have done some trigger work and some unit editing and redesigning the tech trees for all 3 races.

Due to the amount of work I have ahead of me, I decided to first focus my attention on redesigning all of the icons to the new style currently in Starcraft 2. This meant making all new icons for every unit/building/ability/upgrade in the maps and as I have 8mb of space per map, everything that needs an icon with have a new look icon made by myself. These new icons will all match up and as everything is in Hi-Def, they look stunning and really define the maps which I really happy with.

Along with the icons, a lot of the console skins and related skins have been reworked and hi-defed, this should provide a more complete and better looking user interface for players to navigate compared to previous map versions.

I also plan to work on all the models in the maps adding in bones and sounds which hopefully will animate the units/buildings alot better, then previously.

Terran's

The Terran's are by far the most developed race. As it is my favorite race from the original game, I naturally spent most of my initial work on the Terran's. A few things have changed for the Terran's, the Vulture unit has been removed along with the Medic. This was done in favor of two reasons. One the Vulture was a weak unit and the spider mine ability was never really affective in combat and so the Firebat has taken its place in the Factory. Medic although was a great unit was replaced by a new unit the Terran Medivac. This was done to help reduce space for the maps and add a Starcraft 2 unit to the maps giving Terran players a new mechanic to use. Also I have now removed the addons for the Factory and the Starport in favor of a all in one Tech lab. So I have converted the Academy to hold all the unit ability researches making this building very valuable and a high priority target for enemy players.

Terran_Medivac_Close_up.jpg

New_Screenshot_Terran_1_29.10.09.jpg

Protoss

After working mostly on the Terran's i shifted to the Protoss race. I haven't done too much so far. But i have plans to bring back the mana shield system to the new maps and hopefully be able to add the High Templar and maybe an Archon unit to this powerful race. But in order for me to add these new units i have to take something out for balance concerns and unfortunately the Reaver is in my sights. The Reaver has just never really worked in the few years Ive had it in the maps and as i can't make it work like it did in Starcraft 1, i believe it needs the flick for good. Also depending on how i go with the reworking of the triggers in the maps i may change the Carriers interceptor attack to the locust ability from wc3 or leave it with the advance trigger system it has had from previous map versions.

New_Screenshot_Protoss_2_15.12.09.jpg

New_Screenshot_Protoss_1_15.12.09.jpg

Zerg

So lastly is Zerg which at the moment very little development has been done. I plan to begin work on Zerg after Protoss is further along with its development. But i have done some work with the Overlord unit. To try and recreate the Overseer unit mechanic I've decided to remove Overlords detector ability and require a new ability upgrade call 'Overseer Genes' which once researched will give that Overlord the ability to see cloaked units. This will hopefully create more work for Zerg players to do with regards to detecting cloaked units. This will also allow the other 2 races to be able to attack Zerg bases with more options then was original available to them from Starcraft 1. As for new units for Zerg i havent really looked at anything and as Zerg models and skins are the least available to me i cant confirm anything to the Zerg players just yet.

Unfortunately My spare time to work on the maps has take a massive blow with myself getting a new second job and development has almost come to a complete stop for a few weeks. I'm really sorry i cant speed things up guys but i will work on the maps whenever i have spare time during the week.

Thanks for reading guys and i hope to post something new for you all soon.

night_wolveX

Reaction score
Project Developement and Alpha Version Release

Hey everyone,

I have been holding off on posting any recent news regarding what's been happening with the project, but i feel it has been too long since my last news update and i also feel you guys should be aware of the recent developments I've been working on.

So alot has been happening, finally. I have been working flat out on the project with what spare time i have during the week and have made some considerable improvements since the last news article. I basically spent 2 months making new high resolution icons for the new maps and unfortunately found out i had reached the maximum map size of 8 mega bytes, before i could finish off all the new icons for eveach race. So I've now been reducing the icons sizes by 3/4 to what they were originally which should make heaps of extra space for AI scripts and more models and skins to be added. I have also been adding in alot of new upgrades from Starcraft II which i hope will give players more options and provide more types of strategies during game play.

I was lucky enough to obtain a copy of the Starcraft II beta version and this has helped me get alot of upgrade and ability icons for each race as well as heaps of other things like tool tip information on everything i am putting into the maps. The possibilities of new terrain skins is also something i will look into but i would really like to make AI scripts for the maps, for everyone who has asked me time and time again to add this feature.

Now on top of all this great news, i have entrusted a clan/community of fans with an alpha version of the new 'Neo Lost Temple' map, which is the base map for the new version 7 maps pack, i hope to release sometime this year. I have done this so a proper testing phase of the maps can be done and any minor bugs or errors rectified before a fully finished map is released to the public. This is something i have tried to do by myself in the past and have never been able to find every single bug prior to releasing any new maps. The Clan is also tasked with acquiring new screen shots and videos of the alpha version which i will post as soon as i receive the material from the clan. So for all of you who can't wait to play the new maps, you might just come across this alpha version on one of the battle.net servers.

I currently don't have any new screen shots or videos to post up as not much of the maps has changed from last set of screen shots i posted back in December 2009. As soon as new material is ready i will post it up on this site so everyone can be notified and keep up to date with what's happening.

Renaissance

Reaction score
This looks too great...I am looking forward to seeing a part of the version to be released...I can help with some of the spells if you wish. I would really like a copy of this map it looks GREAT.

night_wolveX

Reaction score
Lastest Improvements to the Neo Lost Temple Map

If you can't wait for Starcraft II to come out in 4 days then wait no further.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/starcraft-15-3d-conversion-maps/addons/neo-lost-temple-v232-alpha

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/neo-lost-temple-v2-3-2-alpha-173858/

Alot of changes were made to fix the previous alpha version of the map. During gameplay testing online i did for a few weeks ago, i found the map to be very buggy and riddled with pathing and balance issues. I have done what i can to fix any these issue and here is of what I've done.

Map Development

I decided to redesign the map layout a little bit, to resemble the latest style design of the Lost Temple map from Starcraft II. The new design allowed for 2 additional resource locations and better secondary resource placement for the four main bases in the map.

Terran

Being the most complete race there wasn't much more work needed to be done to the Terran's but i did make one change;

- Siege Tanks now do splash damage in Siege mode.

Protoss

The protoss army got a boost this time around with the replacing of the Dragoon unit with the new Stalker unit. Unfortunately i didn't give the Stalker the blink ability as i wasn't sure what ability i could use from Warcraft III to allow for teleportation for the Stalker. Other improvements were made to the High Templar unit and the Vindiccator was nerfed to balance it out during combat.

- Stalker unit added to replace the Dragoon unit.
- High Templar's can now morph into Archon's.
- Reduced Vindiccator's life down to 100 / 100 shields and reduced damage amount to 20.
- Added a new console skin set, based on the latest style design console which appeared in the later stages of the Starcraft II: Beta
- Fixed broken Plasma Shield trigger system from previous map versions.

Stalker_Promo.jpg

Ingame_Promo_Stalker_Console.jpg

Zerg

The only real changes i was able to make for the Zerg was the changing of the production of the Lurker, which can now be built from a Larvae. I did this because the Zerg Roach doesn't require the use of another unit to produce itself so i wanted this same setup for the Lurker. I think it will add a new element for zerg and will be interesting to see how Zerg players use this new setup.

Skin Development

A few new icons become available during the second phase of the Starcraft II Beta, so i was able to take them from the game and make new icons for the maps. I also had to make new skins for all the weapon and armor types which look alot better then the previous skins.

Pathing Developments

To fix issue i decided to change the setup of pathing in the map.I took a different approach to unit pathing by setting unit pathing values to a unified value for certain types of units. So for example all worker units have a pathing of 16. Tanks and Stalkers have twice the size set at 32. I hope this will balance the system and allow for better gameplay between combat and resource gathering. The only problem with this is the unit formation and movement pathing will not cluster up as i would like it too but i have looked at this and found Warcraft III doesn't allow for unit clustering like Starcraft II does.

Known Bugs and Glitches

Again the map still has a few bugs I am unable to fix;

- Map still has no AI scripts and I have yet to start work on them.
- There is still no solution to building next to an resources doodads.

Terran
- Liftoff still has no animation.

Protoss
- Pylon Field system still doesn't work properly meaning Protoss can build anywhere without pylons.
- Carriers/Interceptor attack is still very poor and buggy, due to the current interceptor spawn ability setup.
- Stalkers don't have Blink.
- Pisonic Storm still doesn't work at all.

Zerg
- Has no rally point with unit production. This is due to how i set up the system which is based on upgrading not training.
- Overseer Upgrade is still buggy and upgrades all overlords at once instead of one at a time.

There are different more bugs present in the map but i can't list them all. I hope the new version is less buggier then the previous version and i hope very one enjoys the new improvements I've made.

night_wolveX[/CENTER]

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Sweet! Are those all your models? It is possible to export SC2 models to WC3.

gMThunder

Reaction score
kind of pointless. If you just replicate starcraft, you might as well just play starcraft...dumb idea imo

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.