Votes: 8 11.0%

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • 5 Awsome

Votes: 39 53.4%

• Total voters

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Looks nice. Im really interested to play it. Thought my own ideas would be to manipulate it into a custom map genre. hehe =P

night_wolveX

Reaction score
News Batch #2: Boot Camp Map Almost Finished

Another month and another campagin update. I have made alot of skin progress on the campaign front and created a whole bunch of new and improved skins which will increase the feel of the original maps further.

Anyways on to the updates:

Well the map is looking pretty much complete right now. There are still a few little issues and skins that need fine tuning before i can release a final map but im very close. This month i first got to work on developing a new cursor to replace the poor qaulity one i had been using for the past 2 years. The old one was very pixelly and it would always shake when ontop of a unit/building due to the original skinner not placing the combining cursors section correctly in the skin. Anyways it was pretty easy to make. Because im just copying the cursors from the original SC all i did was take screenshots of the different cursors and then paste them onto the original wc III icon skin template and hey presto ive got myself a new cursor which looks a hell of alot better then my previous one and no shaking.

(This is the skin template i built the skin ontop of)​

HumanCursorpro1.jpg

Next i decided to try and make new terrain skins from the original SC, so i could truely call my map a Total Conversion. So i basically did the same thing with the cursor and copy and pasted the terrain from the original sc to my skin templates and maxed the qaulity output and this time the skin didnt come out so great. I dunno why its come out slightly greyish in colour but i dunno how to improve it. Im not sure if you guys will like the new terrain. Thats why i want everyone to comment and vote for if you want the new terrain or the original wc3 terrain i had.

WC3ScrnShot_040908_111040_01.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_040908_111116_04.jpg

I have also improved and finsihed the ScoreScreen skins and Menu skins. It took abit of trail and error to get the borders perfectly alined properly but i got it done in the end. I also added new a defeat screen art to complete the skin.

WC3ScrnShot_040908_111138_05.jpg

The menu skins were also time consuming to aline. I also changed the menu background to that of the original menu background. Im now very happy with the new menu screen.

WC3ScrnShot_040908_111103_03.jpg

Now i would like to talk about the other side of the project. The online maps ive recently finished and have been enjoying on bnet the last few months. Ive tried to take screenshots of awsome battle scenes for all of you guys, just to show how exciting it is to play my maps project. It is difficult to start games i must admit. 4mb maps dont download very fast and i usually have to play a full hour per game becuase of the dl time is so slow. But hopefully enough people we have my maps and maby ill get some regular hosters popping up on the bnet servers who will help disturbute my maps alot faster. As for development, im looking into making another maps pack in the near future which will include a few of the new zerg upgrades from sc II to the maps which i cant wait to do.

Here are some screenshots ive taken while playing online;

WC3ScrnShot_032508_102712_03.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_032708_110912_01.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_032708_110918_02.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_032708_110925_03.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_032708_110939_04.jpg

night_wolveX

Starcraft 1.5 Creator​

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
I'm happy to see this update. Is there a version that has been released for the public, or is it not yet ready for that stage?
This will make a great substitute until Starcraft II comes along. And, even when it does, people who want to stick to Warcraft III will be very happy to be able to play this.

Good luck :D

night_wolveX

Reaction score
I'm happy to see this update. Is there a version that has been released for the public, or is it not yet ready for that stage?
This will make a great substitute until Starcraft II comes along. And, even when it does, people who want to stick to Warcraft III will be very happy to be able to play this.

Good luck :D

Atm this point in time the new maps pack v6 with all the sc II material is out now but the campaign maps are still not ready to be released. I tend to be finding new skins that need conversion everyone day and i really want to perfect the camapaign maps now so i dont need to do so much for other campaign maps.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
1.) I've only played Starcraft a few times in my life but this seems great!

2.) I read about the PR stuff and I just want to say, don't get discouraged. There's nothing wrong and dumb about making what you want. Like DotA, it's an AoS that mostly owns all AoSs (I hate it, but its fact that I don't like) but there's still great (and better) AoSs out there like DoE and stuff. I admit the PR one looks cool[er] than yours but it may not be more fun. So don't give up.

3.) I can't +-rep so I'll just personally +rep you for dedication on your map. It seems that you have been working on your map for a long time so I just want to say Good Job!

Well, I can't wait to try it. In fact, some time ago I played a map of SC on WCIII and I think it was this map because when looking over your screenshots, it was the same exact terraining and stuff, so maybe that was an old version of your map or something.

When can we try the map for real? Good luck! :D

EDIT: Nice models and icons! ;)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How did you manage to have that many imports and still respect the 4mb limit?

I wonder... :)

It looks great now! Your project has become very nice nightwolve. :D

Oh and... the link in your original post is outdated. How can one get your maps btw?

night_wolveX

Reaction score
thanx guys for the positive feedback. Yes its been 4 long years and dont worry i wont stray from my project. If you dont know Snowflake is offically finished with PR. This is a great boost to my projects unquieness and popularity for Starcraft fans alike.

Thank you for the +rep thewrongvine its always welcome and ity does put a smile on my face when i recieve +rep.

and Daxtreme the map is more like 10mb now. This is only possible beacuase its not an online map but rather a single player campaign map. And thus i dont need to worry about the 4mb limit i have to deal with for the online maps.

When will it be out? Well i cant say fur sure right now. Nore give an exact date yet. Like i said i want to perfect this map now and forever and then move on to the next campaign maps so the work is lesser and i can produce new maps alot faster. Also my life outside the project is getting alot busier and making time to work on this great project is becoming more difficult but not impossible and ill endeavor to continue working on the project as much as i can and ill continue to post news batches every month.

Ah yes i thought it would be outdated by now. here is the new link to the hompage; which i might add is ranked 4th most popular mod today:)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/6470/starcraft-15-3d-conversion-maps

Map Downloads:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/6470/starcraft-15-3d-conversion-maps/addons

Movies and Trailers:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/6470/starcraft-15-3d-conversion-maps/videos

Images and Screenshots:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/6470/starcraft-15-3d-conversion-maps/images

Feel free to post comments and support the project please.

Cheers

night_wolveX
Starcraft 1.5 Project Creator

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Were you able to work out a nuclear strike trigger? If not I think I came up witha nuclear strike trigger that would in theory work exactly like the one from the original Starcraft.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So we can't play this on multiplayer anymore?

night_wolveX

Reaction score
News Batch #3: Boot Camp New Terrain

This month hasnt shown much development in the boot camp map as ive been very busy outside of the project, but i did however make some new terrain for all the campaign maps. Along with the new terrain i also increased the Zergling movement speed to 500 which has increased their effectiency against marines which i think needs to happen in the mulitplayer maps now.

First Screenshot shows the new Badlands_Mud terrain i added. Looks pretty good from this view.

WC3ScrnShot_051208_105134_01.jpg

And then i cliff terrain was next. This skin required abit of trail and error to get the right parts of the skin yto match the same style cliffs from the original sc. I couldnt create the cliff side skins from sc though so i just match the cliff colour as best i could with a wc3 cliff skins.

WC3ScrnShot_051208_105431_02.jpg

I also finally finsihed the menu screen skins.

WC3ScrnShot_051208_105503_03.jpg

At this point the Boot Camp map is complete. There are still a few bugs present which i dout ill be able to fix at this point in time but i think its time to move onto the next map.

Segento

Reaction score
i dont mean to sound like a noob or anything but i wnet to the wc3sear.ch place but it just takes me to hive workshop i would really love to use some of the models in the map but i just cant find them.

Also The maps you are makeing are out of this world best maps i have ever seen

night_wolveX

Reaction score
i dont mean to sound like a noob or anything but i wnet to the wc3sear.ch place but it just takes me to hive workshop i would really love to use some of the models in the map but i just cant find them.

If you want to use the models in my project you can get them at my projects homepage.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/6470/starcraft-15-3d-conversion-maps

I have a utilities pack containing all the skins and models used in my maps project. The current pack is out of date though and im planning to release a new pack as soon as ive finished the first set of terran missions for the Demo version of Starcraft.

Segento

Reaction score
i have downloaded that pack before but it appears as a RAR file and i dont know how to open it.... Also PR is good and all but your maps Are soo much better.

night_wolveX

Reaction score
i have downloaded that pack before but it appears as a RAR file and i dont know how to open it.... Also PR is good and all but your maps Are soo much better.

Its very easy to open all you do is download the rar program and then either open up the pack manually and extract the files manually or u can right clikc on the pack once you have the rar program installed and extract it from there.

Thank you for your positive feedback and support. I hate it when poeple compare and judge my maps project to that of PR. Now that PR is finished i hope to get a little more graditute for my years of work for the Starcraft community.

Segento

Reaction score
You are very welcome where do i download the RAR program?

let me know if i can help you complete your maps in any way although im not really good at anything

Keep up the good work

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
let me know if i can help you complete your maps in any way although im not really good at anything
That's some great advertising right here :rolleyes:

Good luck with the campaign :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.