StarCraft 2 Beta is AMAZING!

TheGosuBox

Reaction score
I just finished playing with some AI's in different maps in StarCraft 2 and I have to say the graphics are excellent! I'm only playing on medium settings, but the graphics are pretty much the same as an ultra high in C&C3.

I'm just wondering though. How did people make an AI for these maps when the map editor isn't even out yet? The AI file thingy is called StarCrack AI.

[link removed]

Basically, as long as the map I've downloaded (which can also be found in the site) includes an AI in the map itself, then the StarCrack AI will provide the actual AI itself (which btw is also VERY smart).

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
There is lots of people making maps w/o having the editor you can look here in the forums for a parser that makes a map.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Ultra settings are even better! =X I tried them out, it look really nice but it was too slow to play. :p

Low settings make baby pandas cry, though.. You miss a lot that way.

HIGH SETTINGS
attachment.php
LOW SETTINGS
attachment.php

Attachments

• After Low.jpg
    After Low.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 498
  • Before High.jpg
    Before High.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 484

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
:p Starcrack is mainly used for Cracked SC2 Betas..

The AI is created by modifying the .galaxy files located in the MPQ.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
My two brothers fot the beta yesterday. One of them let me have there's. Anyway I tried playing with one of them and our first 4 games crashed together before they started.

There were 2 things that took me a game to figure out. 1 There is a advanced builder button. 2 When you build a unit there is something that stands for time to build/finsh unit. I didnt know what it meant for a bit.

So That mic thing really slowed us down. But Other wise beta is everything it said it was.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Low settings reminds me of Starcraft. <3

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
I don't think blizzards main goal is graphics. :p Good enough for me! I only play wc3, and its lots better then that.

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Things like 'cracked' AI and those primitive maps might be fun learning experiences for people interested in such things, but why not just enjoy the multiplayer beta and test it like Blizzard wants! All that other stuff doesn't help them and it will just be replaced when they release map editor and the actual game anyway.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
You guys should just go Multiplayer all my starcraft friends with beta say it's easier than playing Broodwar in ICCUP.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.