Starcraft 2 Campaign Discussion (May contain spoilers)

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Did anyone notice that if you pushed into the bases in the final mission, that Mutalisks and Broodlords are STILL there? (Even if you removed them)

punwisp

Reaction score
They dont really attack you for the most part. Mainly ground units.

And I would do fine, but its protecting both sides, which is no problem, but kerrigan is a bitch. She will always fuck up my defense on one side, sucks even more she kills things in 1 hit.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
I took out the mutas and broodlords for all in. I put 3 tanks on each side, had 2 or 3 bunkers each side and 2 SCV's to repair them. Loaded up on banshees which killed most of the units on the way to the base. For kerrigan I'd hit and run with banshees and when she got close enough use the artifact and it gets her down half health or so which helps a ton

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> Oh, and a being that is more powerful then zeratul (the templar admits that kerrigan is more powerful then him) cloud not bypass a few bunkers ?

Zeratul could not do this either. He has about 300 hp. He does hit for 100 damage, but 300 hp... that's quite easily reduced to zero. He sure has permanent invisibility, but there are turrets near the bunkers in "All in". No way Zeratul could've gotten past that. Might destroy 1 bunker with luck.

Every time Kerrigan assaulted my base I had 3 battlecruisers, 2 bunkers with 6 marines (War pigs), about 3 siege tanks and 10 vikings as well as marauders, firebats and medics waiting for her and she still managed to destroy 1 tank/battlecruiser/whatever with her godlike spell and destroy a bunker. All when under sustained fire by a sizeable army.

And remember, the Commander behind all this is Jim Raynor. The one and only. ;)

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I teched these Mind Control towers, and I mind controlled Ultralisks who just stood at the front. Behind them I just massed Siege Tanks, and mercs. A couple of medics for the Ultralisk and you're all ready to go. Also, I took out the air base so I didn't have to worry about that in the mission. Was piece of a cake on normal.
One day I'll have to replay the campaign on hard or brutal.. :cool:

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
My overview of the campaign.
Excellent missions and gameplay.
Poor story development/telling. Main characters lacked depth, sometimes acting illogically (im mainly looking at Arcturus - how would he know Tychus would get to Kerrigan in the first place, and everything about the Odin etc etc...)

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
I teched these Mind Control towers, and I mind controlled Ultralisks who just stood at the front. Behind them I just massed Siege Tanks, and mercs. A couple of medics for the Ultralisk and you're all ready to go. Also, I took out the air base so I didn't have to worry about that in the mission. Was piece of a cake on normal.
One day I'll have to replay the campaign on hard or brutal.. :cool:

if you do re-do it on hard or brutal, may i suggest following this guys guide for 'All In':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZHQMgkgkog
easy way to get the achievement for only use nova once as well.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
I found the in-game cinematics and the pre-rendered cinematics stunning, it really brought the whole starcraft universe to life in a way the first games couldn't. The only things that disappointed me where the new voices for some of the characters, mainly Kerrigan and Zeratul. While Kerrigan sounded more ominous and evil, she lacked that wickedness that the original Kerrigan had. Zerutal just sounds like a tired old man now, when in the the original he had that deep, growling, powerful voice that made him seem invincible. I don't know about you, but I thought Mengsk sounded a bit different as well, but that could just be the voice actor aging.

The new characters I thought where all quite refreshing and added a bit more depth to the story, like Matt Horner, Tychus, Dr.Hanson, Executor Selendis, Tosh, and the others.

In particular my favourite cinematics where
The recreation of Kerrigan's fall in Tarsonis; Kerrigan and Zeratul's battle; when General Warfield was rescued; and Raynor's speech before the final battle. :D

All in all I think the story is progressing well and I can't wait for Heart of the Swarm! Just to play as an upgraded zerg race :thup:

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
I think the voice for Kerrigan is pretty good when in non-infested form. It sounds quite similar to original Kerrigan but with a bit more strength to it.

While I do agree the original Kerrigan's voice was a bit better, the newer one is still quite nice. Come on, you have to admit in the Prophecy cinematic the way she spoke was just so spine-chilling. I loved it.

punwisp

Reaction score
I found the in-game cinematics and the pre-rendered cinematics stunning, it really brought the whole starcraft universe to life in a way the first games couldn't. The only things that disappointed me where the new voices for some of the characters, mainly Kerrigan and Zeratul. While Kerrigan sounded more ominous and evil, she lacked that wickedness that the original Kerrigan had. Zerutal just sounds like a tired old man now, when in the the original he had that deep, growling, powerful voice that made him seem invincible. I don't know about you, but I thought Mengsk sounded a bit different as well, but that could just be the voice actor aging.

The new characters I thought where all quite refreshing and added a bit more depth to the story, like Matt Horner, Tychus, Dr.Hanson, Executor Selendis, Tosh, and the others.

In particular my favourite cinematics where
The recreation of Kerrigan's fall in Tarsonis; Kerrigan and Zeratul's battle; when General Warfield was rescued; and Raynor's speech before the final battle. :D

All in all I think the story is progressing well and I can't wait for Heart of the Swarm! Just to play as an upgraded zerg race :thup:

i believe the zeratul voice is the same, just like jim raynors. And you have to remember, its been what? 12 years since the first starcraft? And you expect all the voices to sound exactly the same? Remember there using far more advanced equipment, so things will sound different anyway. Stop being picky

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Zeratul's voice? Im not bothered by it, 12 years and many events has happened.

His dialogue? Oh good god. Especially the first level. My mind grated as he said "Its a good thing i can <blahblahblah>" or "I'd best do <blahblahblah>" Its like hes talking a monologue. Yes, its to help players learn the abilities, but Zeratul only needs to say this once.

South-Titan

Reaction score
I just want to know what's wrong with her hair. Psionic tendrils exacting control over the swarm? A zergling tried to style her hair? What?

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
If you gotta rule the universe, you better damn well look good during it.
I mean shes even wearing HIGH HEELS!

roXplosive

Reaction score
Overall i liked the campaign . It introduced a few tewaks every mission (lava flows , laser drill usage , zombie invasion etc.) but it was predictable in most if it's development . Also the last part of the protoss arc is amaizingly depressing (to me at least) .

About what's being said about the last mission i did experience difficulties in my first walktrough becasue i have chosen to sabotage the nydus network (got impressed by the escape from Mar Sara mission where there were nydus worms everywhere pouring zerg like no tommorrow) . The main issue is that the stationary ground defence cannot fend off the broodlords very well , so you need a very mobile airforce . I have chosen to defend middle with cruisers but i have soon learned that kerrigan can lift them off making me lose 3 battlecruisers per battle and a very hard time . I have finally managed to finifh it with a mobile corp of 6 ghosts sniping broodlords , hydralisks and whatever plus 16 vykings+6 hell's angels and a good number of siege tanks . Still it was a micro hard battle with broodlords all over the place but my ghosts were really good at sniping kerrigan (my main issue) . After 2 rounds of sniping she was dead so go go ghosts . The problems are brood lords attacking sides , massive invasion middle (but ripware missiles take care of them ) and the Leviathan (biostasis sucks hard) .

My second walktrough i have chosen to tech perdition turret (amazing defensive building) and destroy the infested platform . The gameplay was strightforward : make a few banshees to kill worms , defend with bunkers , LOTS of siege tanks and turrets . Siege tanks dealing 115 damage took care of kerrigan so no pain there , plus the losses were easily replaced .

My favoured cinematics :
- victory cinematic of freeing the prisoners from New Falsom
- meeting the infested doctor in the lab
The lamest videos :
- Nuke noodles comercial
- rock band advertising ... it has Power of the Horde songs in it :thdown:
- Raynor's speech . Come on man cut the cheesy crap with it has to be done . That's why you ar there in the first place . Something on the lines of the speech of King of Rohan from The Return of the King (lord of the rings) when engaging the orcs near Minas Tirith would be waaaay better

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Now I gotta admit that what you say there indeed makes sense. Hrm.

The plot might indeed turn to be a good one. The story telling still sucks, though.

But how can Kerrigan become good again? Overmind made her a murderous bitch. Should just removing the infestation somehow change her psyche so that she can let all that stuff she did go?

People who are forced to do bad things either try to change their actions or their way of thinking about morality of their actions. Kerrigan had no chance but obey overmind who forced her to do those things. She had no choise, but to "become evil". Thats how human mind works, since it cant stand the conflict.

It kinda ruins the whole point of infestation, if in the end it wasnt really her, but just some demon in her head controlling her and making her to do all those terrible things. ( The difference between being forced to do something and being entirely mindcontrolled by some thingy )

( It would be damn coolt to see evil human Kerrigan trying to do her shit without her zerg powers and the control of the swarm, though. I just dont think they are gonna do anything like that.. )

The storyline makes sense yes, however from what you describe, the story in broodwar make kerrigan look like a battle god.
Now in the sequel, a drunk depressed freedom fighter gets an artifact and pwns kerrigan on her own planet. This is not a good way to calm the build up of suspense. It's in fact the opposite, and makes people stop in their track.

The graphics were 100% astounding. The cinemas were best in the entire world. The story on the other hand is a limiter to the enjoyment of the campaign.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Yea, she basicly is.

Broodwar is all about Kerrigan pwning everybody, mind controlling the leader of the dark templar, manipulating both terran and protoss to do her diry job and then beating Artanis, Dominion and UED fleets at the same time, completely alone, with most of her broods being away from battle at the surface of Char. Not even Jimmy could never beat her. Tassadar kinda did once, though.

And its not just the Kerrigan part in wings of liberty story that bothers me. The whole damn campaign is full of filler episodes that have nothing to do with the main plot. This is because they are trying to give some illusion of free will when we can choose to side with Ariel/Selendis or Nova/Tosh, but in the end neither of those choises has no effect to the story. ( And how could they have, because we arenot supposed to change the story in the first place at all? )

All this stuff they are doing just hurts them. I dont understand.

Anyways, theres some cool "What would you have done with the plot of sc2" discussion thingy in samods. If you like, check my idea and tell me if it would have had potential to be developed to a good and nice story for this game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.